Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2020, 11:51 AM

30,738 posts, read 18,390,404 times

Advertisements

Yet another example of the shallowness and lack of critical thought by TDS sufferers and leftists in general. Photographic evidence of Trump with "X" or "Y" person (like the disabled reporter from the campaign) is NOT evidence that Trump "knows" someone. Trump was/is a major personality and met and took pictures with many thousands (if not tens of thousands) of people each year. That does not mean that he should remember every encounter (that would be insane) or that he "knows" everyone he has met or taken a picture with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 12:03 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,501,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Because he can.Just as Hillary and the Dems did what they did. Perhaps you don’t understand how it works.
You will not hear from everybody because it was rushed through. Everyone is aware of that, including the Dems. They weren’t interested in taking the time to go to Court for witnesses to appear. They thought they could just fire off toothless requests , hoping, as is their method, that something will appear out of thin air to make their case.That’s what they attempted with the Russian Hoax.

It didn’t work then, and it isn’t going to work now. YOu hav to come to grips with the fact that every single scheme and attempt by the Dems to remove the POTUS has failed.And despite what the lefty MSM, ex Intelligence shrills and talking heads say, nothing he has done meets the qualifications for Impeachment.

You just can’t expect a flimsy , weak foundation for Impeachment to be built up to a strong undeniable fortress without there being a little more meat on the bone. It isn’t that complicated. Disagreements regarding policy , methods, execution and strategy just isn’t enough. Opinions make good and exciting TV theatre , but in the end , are just shallow.
Should all presidents be allowed to shake down foreign leaders to meddle in our election or just this one? We both know what he did. "can you do us a favor"?

Old 01-18-2020, 12:03 PM

30,738 posts, read 18,390,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Why has Trump tried so hard to prevent certain witnesses from testifying and keep documents from being seen? I for one want to hear from everybody concerning this.
I can appreciate your desire to hear from everyone involved, but Trump exerts executive privilege for the same reason why most recent presidents have asserted executive privilege. And that's because candid conversations within the oval office between the president and his staffers would become threatened if staffers thought their testimony would be revealed at the whims of "X" or "Y" investigation. That's dangerous for the functioning of our government as the president needs the best, most honest and candid advice when going about his business.

Moving on, while I don't mind hearing from more witnesses in general, I don't support such in this case given the weak case presented for impeachment. The time to secure witnesses to prove or disprove impeachment was in the House. Why should the Senate do the House's work for it? Moreover, according to House Democrats, the evidence presented during the House process was enough to prove beyond the shadow of the doubt that Trump is guilty of what Democrats accuse him of. If that's the case, why are they pushing for more witnesses?

Old 01-18-2020, 12:24 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,986,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Lev Parnas is a corrupt useful idiot who is representative of the vast majority of Republicans.

Let's just call it a draw and say it's "One corrupt useful idiot fingering a corrupt brilliant idiot." Nevertheless, I will vote for Trump in 2020 because when I see the Democratic lineup I say, "What a farce." A clever corrupt leader is better than a dumb honest one any day of the week.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:30 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,683,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Let's just call it a draw and say it's "One corrupt useful idiot fingering a corrupt brilliant idiot." Nevertheless, I will vote for Trump in 2020 because when I see the Democratic lineup I say, "What a farce." A clever corrupt leader is better than a dumb honest one any day of the week.
Clever? Is that what you call Trump getting impeached, clever? Lmao. Trump is a sociopathic narcissist. That’s not clever, it’s deranged.

Old 01-18-2020, 12:32 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,501,068 times
Quote:
You don`t see him as a security threat?

Old 01-18-2020, 12:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,595,988 times
Quote:
A clever corrupt leader is better than a dumb honest one any day of the week.
Here we have it, the admission that trump is corrupt. Let the impeachment commence!

Old 01-18-2020, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,294,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
The only reason Giuliani and others were in Ukraine is because f*****g journalists in this country are not the slightest bit interested in the crimes of Biden and all other leftists.
There’s this thing called ‘irony.’ I’d explain it to you, but....

Old 01-18-2020, 01:43 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,262,731 times
Quote:

I reckon the stable genius who thinks windmill causes cancer is indeed very clever within the Republican ranks.

Old 01-18-2020, 01:48 PM

42,880 posts, read 26,443,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You, above all, seem to be uncomprehending concerning Parna’s bargaining for clemency. He should go ahead and publish ALL the photos. You don’t seem capable of understanding that they do not exist.
lolol, he threw Barr under the bus, how the heck is that going to get him clemency? geezus....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies