Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2020, 09:09 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You are neglecting to consider the constitution.

The founding father rejected the idea that a president can be removed from office for some vague allegation of "abuse" or "public trust".

The constitution makes it clear that a president can only be removed for, Treason, Bribery, and other such serious criminal offenses.
Where? Provide us a link to support this claim as it applies to an accusation of abuse of office or breach of public trust supported by specific acts identified in articles of impeachment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 09:14 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,043,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm not listening at the moment, but I think Philbin's argument is that only 'the House' as a body, not Pelosi acting as Speaker of the House, could begin a valid impeachment proceeding. Nothing done prior to the full House vote was valid or legal, whatever word fits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Talk of impeachment was started prior to trump taking office. For 2+ years we were told there is ample evidence of collusion in plain sight (paraphrased)...if so, why is that not part of the impeachment articles?

Since the left was trying to get "stuff" on impeachment since day 1, and the FISA warrants were supposed to make that happen....and there were 17 mistakes on those warrants....I'd say yes....

What would happen to any evidence if you were in trial, midstream, and it was found out the warrants were incorrect?
So are you saying there should be no investigations before deciding to impeach? You can't have it both ways. Philbin was lying right to our faces. But why not. Just about all trump's lawyers have lied during their opening arguments.

Don't worry. Philbin's lies will debunked during the Q&A.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I would happily work under and submit my briefs to Pam Bondi!
Stellar performance. Susan Somers would be proud!

Old 01-28-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Trump's family DID NOT GET RICH WHILE IN OFFICE. Looks like at least 5 members of the Biden family GOT RICH WHILE DAD WAS VP OF US.

STOP! Ivana's multiple patents in Chins and the brother's $100 million dollar global real estate deals don't count while they have security clearnce and work in the WH everyday? OH OK. Good to know!

Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure, but those on the right knew what it meant (quid pro quo)....it had to be changed to bribery and extortion (even though that did not happen), to ensure the uneducated left could understand (even though that's not what happened)..

As I have said many times but the wanted to avoid the courts for obvious reasons. The House for some reason thought the Senate might actually do their job and litigate a fair trial. What were they thinking?

Old 01-28-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
True this.

It is remarkable to me that both sides, being filled to overflowing with wretched scumbags and sleazy criminals, are implicitly demanding that we all show them and the process some respect. It cracks me up.

This whole thing is literally my analogy of the two factions in the wh_orehouse holding a trial to accuse one of their sisters of being a sl_ut. One side, filled with prostitutes, is arguing on behalf of their virtue and hers, while the other side, filled with prostitutes, is arguing on behalf of their virtue and against her lack treof. They are all freaking prostitutes!

That's all this whole thing is to me.
Except for one thing. The dems have the high road here. Your president stepped over the line. EVERYONE knows it and it's partisanship that is his only defense.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:30 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
So are you saying there should be no investigations before deciding to impeach? You can't have it both ways. Philbin was lying right to our faces. But why not. Just about all trump's lawyers have lied during their opening arguments.

Don't worry. Philbin's lies will debunked during the Q&A.
I was saying exactly what I said. I'll add...

The regular rules and procedures applicable to committee legislative and oversight duties don't suddenly apply to proceedings a Speaker of the House declares are Impeachment Proceedings. Of course the House should do impeachment investigations ... after the House votes to begin impeachment proceedings.

As for me wanting things both ways, you want everything whatever ways best suits impeaching and convicting Trump.

Last edited by jazzarama; 01-28-2020 at 09:41 AM..

Old 01-28-2020, 09:32 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
As I have said many times but the wanted to avoid the courts for obvious reasons. The House for some reason thought the Senate might actually do their job and litigate a fair trial. What were they thinking?
Nah. The house knew that their partisan sham of an impeachment hearing was going to taint the entire process. You can’t start it out the way they did, and not expect the Senate to do the same. Remember Maxine Waters saying “Impeachment is whatever we say it is”? Well, now it is McConnell's turn to say that.

If they wanted a fair trial in the senate, they would have at least gone through the motions of making it a fair hearing in the house.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:35 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,100,577 times
Quote:
So you are saying that going to the courts, and having due process should be denied for the President?

Well, at least you are admitting to your authoritarian attempt to subvert the 2016, and 2020 election.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
A president doesn't use his personal attorney, big donor ambassador to the European Union and Russian thugs to start a investigation into a American citizen while hiding it from Congress.
But if you impeach him for that you'll be inviting all future president's to be impeached they argue. Well my argument is if he isn't impeached for that we'll be inviting all future presidents to do whatever the hell they want for their own benefit.

READ MY LIPS!!! I WANT FAIR ELECTIONS!!! IT'S MY ONLY TOOL AGAINST CORRUPT POLITICIANS!!!

Sorry, he's got to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies