Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 01:37 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,892,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
40 pages of divisive bickering all because one woman with her own issues starts whining about men being the source of her problem.

Newsflash, if you can't find someone on this planet of 6 billion people then maybe, just maybe some introspection is in order.

To the rest of you, chill out. Sheesh. I have friends that range from far right to far left, they're not bad people.
Agreed. Besides, if a person turns you off because of their politics or beliefs, move on. No big deal, nothing personal and no loss.

That said I have taught my kids that if their partner can't accept them for who they are, then dump them and move on.

I have friends who are hard core feminists. They know to tone down the rhetoric around me, they know how I raised my girls and how I treat my wife. Nothing to complain about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 06:02 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,950,972 times
Originally Posted by InformedConsent ; ..... The husband does what wifey wants or there's hell to pay. Have you never heard: "Happy wife; happy life?"

How about "happy spouse, happy house".

I don't do lopsided relationships.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:35 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Originally Posted by InformedConsent ; ..... The husband does what wifey wants or there's hell to pay. Have you never heard: "Happy wife; happy life?"

How about "happy spouse, happy house".

I don't do lopsided relationships.
All relationships are like the tide, ebbs and flows, but to your point.... caring, respect and loving another is what relationships provide, however no one enjoys servitude.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:27 AM

30,082 posts, read 18,694,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
And libs wont marry a conservative for the exact same reasons.
Of course...…………………… because libs are a PITA and cannot compromise and are inflexible.

Marriage is a study in compromise and "give and take". When one is intransigent, it is a recipe for disaster.

Libs are not allowed in my home, as they generally ruin any social occasion by feeling the need to discuss politics and imposing their views on everyone else. Newsflash- every already knows your views and don't give a damn. Shut up, eat some turkey, and watch some football. Libs will even ruin a 4th of July picnic by bringing up anti-American sentiments on the nation's birthday celebration.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:58 AM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I would never teach my kids like that. My girls need to figure out their own brand of politics. If it looks just like mine, I have failed as a parent.

Yep.

For religion and politics we tried to give the kids all the different view points, teach them how to filter good information from bad, and to generally think for themselves.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-27-2020, 09:05 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,478,303 times
Truly awake people are a blessing- they are also inclusive in their pleas for justice -
on the other hand -misguided advocates who exclude all but their own group- always view the individual as expendable in the cause they support - they -wearing the cloak of victim- feel justified in all manner of cruelty and treachery

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-27-2020 at 09:18 AM..

Old 01-27-2020, 09:50 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,167,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
My grandfather was a very wise man he once told me “don’t trust people who don’t have a sense of humor” I have thought about those words a lot the past 4 years.

Great words from a very wise man!!!! This too is a pet peeve of mine. I have zero room in my life for those without a sense of humor.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:56 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,694,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Liberals are also largely DEEPLY unhappy people who are typically emotionally unstable.

My grandfather was a very wise man he once told me “don’t trust people who don’t have a sense of humor” I have thought about those words a lot the past 4 years.
I really wonder how you square this particular circle.........

Let me pose it as a question..........

What leaning do the vast majority of comedians have?

What leaning does the majority of their live audiences have?

You listened to some words that may have relevance but your GF failed to tell you to look around.

Was George Carlin conservative? Larry David? Jerry Seinfeld? Woody Allen? Chris Rock? Dave Chappelle?

I could go on for pages. One comedians changed parties but he wasn't funny before or after (Dennis Miller), thereby proving my point.

I mean - many of us might find Larry the Cable Guy humorous for a few minutes....but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:57 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,938,470 times
If someone thinks of themselves as being "woke" or not, or being "right" or "left" for that matter - and puts that at the top of the list of the things that define them - they have a much bigger problem; they are essentially superficial. More than anything else, superficiality is the show-stopper in any human relationship.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:59 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,834,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I really wonder how you square this particular circle.........

Let me pose it as a question..........

What leaning do the vast majority of comedians have?

What leaning does the majority of their live audiences have?

You listened to some words that may have relevance but your GF failed to tell you to look around.

Was George Carlin conservative? Larry David? Jerry Seinfeld? Woody Allen? Chris Rock? Dave Chappelle?

I could go on for pages. One comedians changed parties but he wasn't funny before or after (Dennis Miller), thereby proving my point.

I mean - many of us might find Larry the Cable Guy humorous for a few minutes....but that's the exception rather than the rule.
Clearly... you have no sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies