Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2020, 05:15 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because it's the smart move for Trump. duh No more witnesses means zero chance for anything real or imagined that could hurt Trump. One more witness means 1 more chance. Get it?

I know why you wont let a cop search your car or house without a warrant when he asks. It's because you're hiding something, right?
If I was on trial for extortion, I'm sure they would come fully prepared with a warrant.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:17 AM

37,200 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So, we’ve expanded the dream from just Trump being thrown out of office over this impeachment trial to McConnell also losing his Majority Leader position, have we? I’m more likely to give birth to a two-headed alien child, and at my age just giving birth to any child would be an international news story.
No. THe dream is that Trump should be removed and McConnell should be soundly trounced in November.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:23 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No. THe dream is that Trump should be removed and McConnell should be soundly trounced in November.
As Aerosmith said... Dream On.

First you have to have an electable Candidate. None are even half as good as Hillary was in 2016.

It's almost like DEMs are throwing this election on purpose.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:25 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
What in the blue hell do they have to do with Trump asking Ukraine to do a fake investigation and with holding aid not a got dang thing This will back fire big time on Republicans. Obama's opening statement would be what the hell am I doing here this happened 2 years after I left office.
Biden's would say that he was speaking for an international coalition -- U.S., EU, World Bank, etc. -- who supported removing a corrupt prosecutor. And, by the way, he would like to enter into evidence a letter of support signed by a number of Republican Senators.

Biden's son would testify that he was a law school graduate and an attorney with a prestigious firm who was asked to serve on the board of Burisma to ensure that the anti-corruption efforts continued.

Someone along the line might point out that the corrupt prosecutor was not investigating Burisma at the time when the funds were withheld. Also, withholding the funds was not some backdoor deal, but done with the support of Congress. See letter.

Hard to imagine how any of this nonsense would help Trump.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Tillerson, Matis, Bolton and Kelly should be able to provide some insight into the president's governing tactics.
Coates should be able as well.

He was the one who hauled his deputy out of that meeting.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:34 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
What's over?

Old 01-29-2020, 05:35 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If I was on trial for extortion, I'm sure they would come fully prepared with a warrant.
The president is not on trial for extortion.... or any other crime.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I can't help wondering how widely you read or watch news. Here are few things to start you off.

Trump's 10 Impeachable Offenses
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/impeachable-offenses/

These are the impeachable offenses Trump has committed while in office
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/06/the...ted-in-office/

Trump Has Committed a Laundry List of Impeachable Offenses
https://www.truthdig.com/articles/tr...able-offenses/

The Number of Trump’s Impeachable Offenses Keeps Growing
https://newrepublic.com/article/1484...-keeps-growing

Can go through them two at a time.

Since the Senate is sitting on over 200 bills the House has passed, might as well.

No need for the House to pass more bills to languish on McConnell's desk.

And as long as the Republicans in the Senate refuse to deal with legislation, they might as well be dealing with how to refuse to listen to listen to witnesses.

The fun part will be that Republican Senators running for reelection will be stuck in DC while their opponents are shaking hands back home.

Democratic Senators, will of course, be running ads standing next to Atticus Finch.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:44 AM

As Trump will no doubt continue to commit impeachable acts, once Democrats work through the list above, they can start in on the new list.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:45 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm sorry that like many people, you're being totally un-American by deciding your vote (and apparently deciding their vote) in advance while disregarding evidence. I hope you're never on jury duty.

But I'll explain it to you. Even if Trump is acquitted, as he well may be:

1. This in itself will probably rattle both McConnell and Trump.

2. If any Reps at all vote to convict, assuming the evidence supports it, it will be a victory for justice.

3. It will at least show the world that America has not yet totally abandoned basic rules and justice.

4. It will allow a few more days for the possibility of yet more information to come out.

5. If it becomes clear to a majority of Americans that Trump has committed despicable acts, even if he is acquitted, a lot of senators who voted to acquit may be booted out of office.

6. It will enable people to see/hear information they may not have been aware of, since even people who don't spend much time on news will have in forced on their attention. Even Fox will be obliged to carry some of it.

See? That's what's the big deal.

Yes, I also look forward to Hunter Biden and Joe Biden being subpoenaed to testify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies