Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 10:09 AM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times

Advertisements

He hasn't.
The people that don't like him have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 10:10 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,911,900 times
Taxes for many went up. Fools point to the standard deduction going up but overlook the loss of personal exemptions. Also that the middle class "cuts" are only temporary and set to expire. Meanwhile, the debt has soared. That directly impacts the future outlook.

DH sees the impact of slashed regulations and, more destructively, slashed regulatory enforcement right now. He is a director level executive for a major int'l company alarmed at the trump administration's green-lighting of pollution. The majors are NOT pleased and are continuing to abide by previous administration policies, because not only is it the right thing to do, they recognize the liability will remain once the country comes to its senses. It's the small to medium players that have rushed to take advantage of the lawlessness, they won't be around long enough to worry about cleanup. That there has been a sharp increase in major refinery accidents over the last two years is no "accident".

Old 02-02-2020, 10:11 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,123 times
https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...urt-americans/

Old 02-02-2020, 10:11 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,655 times
I don’t have any examples of Trumps policies directly negatively affecting my life.

But since I actually care about people other than myself, I don’t use the rubric of “is this hurting me personally” to assess every decision I make.

Ted Bundy didn’t kill anyone I know. Doesn’t mean I’m cool with Ted Bundy.

I don’t know how to explain to you that you should care about other people.

Old 02-02-2020, 10:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I think a lot of people feel this way. You don't have to like Trump the man to appreciate the accomplishments and gains the country has made since he's been in office. This is what needs to be distinguished. Do they hate the person, the job he's doing, or both? Hating the person is fine. I don't have to like the person to appreciate their accomplishments.

Take blacks for instance. All I keep hearing from the left is that blacks will never vote for him because he's "a racist". Even if this is true (and it's not), are his policies racist? What has the man done while in office that is racist? How has he set the black community back? The left has done a good enough job of that trying to have open borders. Trump on the other hand protects the interests of America and it's citizens.
Well, for starters, the drug laws are STILL in place, (these were specifically created to be used against minorities) and they are STILL around in 2020? WOW! Look at the conviction statistics for drug offenses, high percentage of blacks are being targeted.

I have a sneaky feeling, they ONLY arrest white people over drugs, to make it appear like they are treating everyone equally, the fact is, these laws were created SPECIFICALLY to target minorities, (they should have been abolished along with the old Jim Crow laws decades ago).

Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,911,900 times
In the next couple of weeks DH will be delivering bad news to his division employees re bonuses this year. The incoherent trade and economic policies of the trump administration are bad for business.

Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, for starters, the drug laws are STILL in place, (these were specifically created to be used against minorities) and they are STILL around in 2020? WOW! Look at the conviction statistics for drug offenses, high percentage of blacks are being targeted.

I have a sneaky feeling, they ONLY arrest white people over drugs, to make it appear like they are treating everyone equally, the fact is, these laws were created SPECIFICALLY to target minorities, (they should have been abolished along with the old Jim Crow laws decades ago).
I’m a minority (Hispanic), and I have never fell victim to these drug laws. Why? Easy......I’ve never sold or used drugs!

Old 02-02-2020, 10:23 AM

15,827 posts, read 6,536,770 times
I'm more concerned about the increasing polarization of American politics. It's not good for the future of our Democracy, and DJT has only further inflamed the divisions. There is a pretty interesting story on the topic in phys.org:

https://phys.org/news/2020-01-dynami...cs-theory.html

Old 02-02-2020, 10:35 AM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:

Well if that's the case, there were presidents before him that could've addressed this.
#wherewasobama

Old 02-02-2020, 10:38 AM

14,226 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:

Are you insinuating that colored people are drug users and dealers?

Why do you have to be so racist?

p.s. I am a colored guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies