Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 09:22 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,129,353 times

Advertisements

She committed a FELONY in front of the world while she ripped up the SOTU.

Mike JOHNSON: NANCY PELOSI COMMITTED A FELONY BY RIPPING UP TRUMP’S SOTU SPEECH

Quote:
February 6, 2020 Press Release
WASHINGTON – U.S. Representative Mike Johnson (LA-04) today released a point-by-point legal analysis outlining why he believes Speaker Nancy Pelosi committed a felony by tearing up President Trump’s State of the Union address Tuesday.

Why do we have any laws at all? Open borders, criminal aliens run wild, Speaker committing felonies on live TV. This isn't even a nation anymore.

Old 02-08-2020, 09:24 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,129,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post

But what I really can not understand, for the life of me, is how otherwise sensible, sane people can actually like and support him. l.
It's really this simple: Because our enemies (neoliberals, the "Fake News", and the like) hate him. That's why.

It's really that simple. (And of course because he will install sane Justices on the Supreme Court).

Old 02-08-2020, 02:38 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,329,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No, she didn't.

And I've yet to see one Trump supporter say anything about him refusing to shake her hand.

Petty brat behavior on his part if you ask me.

First, I didn't vote for Trump. (I plan to this year.) I don't think he's a great man. (I do think he's done much better as President than I expected, and I think any of the leading D's would do great damage.)

Perhaps Trump should have shaken Pelosi's hand. But I've watched the video, and here's what I saw:
Trump handed Pence his copy. No handshake.
Trump handed Pelosi her copy. She accepted it with her right hand. Someone who has been in public office for so long surely knows that when you are going to shake hands, you extend your right hand for a handshake while accepting the document (or whatever) with your left hand. She waited until he was turning away to extend her right hand. He might have seen it as he turned away. At that point, he could have turned back to shake her hand. However, because he obviously knows she despises him and makes no secret of it, he may not have believed she was making that unexpected gesture.

I think it played out just as she wanted it to.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:11 PM

26,276 posts, read 13,201,087 times
Every time the Dems pull a stunt, Thousands of fence-sitters decide to vote with the Republicans.

These numbers are adding up, and could make a big difference come November. If voters re-elect Trump, keep the Senate Red, and/or flip the House by a narrow margin, these Dem hoaxes will be to blame.

The Dems keep shrinking their own tent.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:12 PM

42,823 posts, read 26,542,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Every time the Dems pull a stunt, Thousands of fence-sitters decide to vote with the Republicans.

These numbers are adding up, and could make a big difference come November. If voters re-elect Trump, keep the Senate Red, and/or flip the House by a narrow margin, these Dem hoaxes will be to blame.

The Dems keep shrinking their own tent.
That's delusional.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:23 PM

42,823 posts, read 26,542,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Businesses have a high rate of failure. Most successful businesspeople know that. (I'm guessing you didn't form, develop, and run your own business.) And Trump had hundreds of SUCCESSFUL businesses, and used what he learned there to create a pro-business climate that has resulted in the best economy in decades - record-low unemployment, rising wages for the low-income, and roaring stock market, among other measures.
and when they weren't successful and in some cases even when they were he stiffed hard working people. Your hero isn't really worthy of your adoration of him

https://theweek.com/articles/783976/...ltime-swindles

True to form, Trump finds a way to stiff contractors (again) | MSNBC

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-trump-corrupt

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...1-6229b69afe18

Old 02-08-2020, 03:24 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,230,701 times
She didn't know it was the speech, she thought it was the Constitution.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,908,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
She committed a FELONY in front of the world while she ripped up the SOTU.
Calm down. She ripped up a copy of his speech. Good grief, you guys are a hoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Why do we have any laws at all? Open borders, criminal aliens run wild, Speaker committing felonies on live TV. This isn't even a nation anymore.
Watching the Republicans refuse to hold a trial even though the Constitution mandates it, I have to agree with you on the bolded above.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:35 PM

72 posts, read 40,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Anybody who could listen to the POTUS mislead Americans in his State of the Union speech and thinks that's ok can KMA.

I wish Nancy Pelosi would run for POTUS. IMO, tearing up that speech was a great way to let the world know the POTUS was shredding the truth.

If he wants to preserve the preexisting conditions part of healthcare insurance, why is his DOJ suing to get rid of it?
Unfortunately, these types of facts don't register with some 35% of the country.

Old 02-08-2020, 03:45 PM

10,608 posts, read 5,717,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Calm down. She ripped up a copy of his speech.
There were thousands of copies handed out - but the one The Speaker of the House was handed was an original, official, signed US document. It was NOT a copy of the document as was given to the many people present.

The only question is, should she be impeached for having done this? Or, should she be prosecuted in a Federal court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies