Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2020, 05:50 AM

25,975 posts, read 12,977,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Cite?
This article cites $3.4 Million in Burisma payments to Hunter (of course, through a 3rd party entity to shield identity's & taxable income), but it does not include all the Biden corruption in the Ukraine, & elswhere. Hunter/Burisma is just the tip of the Biden family syndicate iceberg.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...company-report

Do you want to see the rest of the iceberg? The link below gives a more complete historical view of the Biden family operations. Biden family members have been making Billions by selling Joe's political influence for years. Joe's deceased Son, Hunter, his Brothers, and his close friends, were/are all eager participants. This article made me ill...

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/09/...-family-money/

The Biden iceberg is just a small piece that broke off the Washington DC GLACIER! Joe isn't the only federal government hooligan. There are hooligan's on both sides of the aisle. Joe Biden was uniquely bold about it. His boldness indicates to me that corruption is systemic in American politics. It has become standard operating procedure. Some, like Joe, don't even bother to hide it anymore.

This is why nobody goes to prison. Like the mafia, they will not rat each other out. This could be why Rudy Guiliani's Ukranian docs are being swept under the carpet by Lindsay Graham. What happens to Rudy, and/or the evidence he brought back from the Ukraine, will speak volumes. If it never sees the light of day, and/or if anything happens to Rudy, then I'm right.

Rudy's got the goods on the Biden's, but going there could wind up exposing all of the corrupt politicians, and that would reveal the Biden syndicate to be just the tip of the Washington DC GLACIER.

What if they are all corrupt beyond worst nighmares? We keep hearing that they are not doing anything illegal. The Clinton Foundation, Dick Cheney-Halliburton, Hillary Clinton-Uranium One, ect..

If it isn't illegal, why not? Whose job is it to pass laws to make it illegal? Fellow C-D'ers...the fox lives in the henhouse! We need expansive anti-corruption laws. This reminds me of the song lyrics..."I'd love to change the World...but I dont know what to do"

If you're seeing the U.S. political system as Red vs. Blue, you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. You are being distracted from what lies below.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 02-14-2020 at 06:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 06:08 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,428,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This article cites $3.4 Million in Burisma payments to Hunter (of course, through a 3rd party entity to shield identity's & taxable income), but it does not include all the Biden corruption in the Ukraine, & elswhere. Hunter/Burisma is just the tip of the Biden family syndicate iceberg.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...company-report

Do you want to see the rest of the iceberg? The link below gives a more complete historical view of the Biden family operations. Biden family members have been making Billions by selling Joe's political influence for years. Joe's deceased Son, Hunter, his Brothers, and his close friends, were/are all eager participants. This article made me ill...

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/09/...-family-money/

The Biden iceberg is just a small piece that broke off the Washington DC GLACIER! Joe isn't the only federal government hooligan. There are hooligan's on both sides of the aisle. Joe Biden was uniquely bold about it. His boldness indicates to me that corruption is systemic in American politics. It has become standard operating procedure. Some, like Joe, don't even bother to hide it anymore.

This is why nobody goes to prison. Like the mafia, they will not rat each other out. This could be why Rudy Guiliani's Ukranian docs are being swept under the carpet by Lindsay Graham. What happens to Rudy, and/or the evidence he brought back from the Ukraine, will speak volumes. If it never sees the light of day, and/or if anything happens to Rudy, then I'm right.

Rudy's got the goods on the Biden's, but going there could wind up exposing all of the corrupt politicians, and that would reveal the Biden syndicate to be just the tip of the Washington DC GLACIER.

What if they are all corrupt beyond worst nighmares? We keep hearing that they are not doing anything illegal. The Clinton Foundation, Dick Cheney-Halliburton, Hillary Clinton-Uranium One, ect..

If it isn't illegal, why not? Whose job is it to pass laws to make it illegal? Fellow C-D'ers...the fox lives in the henhouse! We need expansive anti-corruption laws. This reminds me of the song lyrics..."I'd love to change the World...but I dont know what to do"

If you're seeing the U.S. political system as Red vs. Blue, you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. You are being distracted from what lies below.
I've read those articles and many more.

Those are not examples of "bilking Ukraine for millions".

As for the rest of your rant - I largely agree.

Old 02-14-2020, 06:15 AM

I'm sorry if you dont see $3,400,000 as being millions. Plus, that is only the part that has been uncovered. There's likely a lot more where that came from.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:24 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,601,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, you don't have a link?
I have tons of links from reputable sources. This is copied from another post:

This allegation that Joe Biden had Shokin fired to promote his personal agenda has been debunked. Consider these facts:

First, at the time, it was official US policy to push to have Shokin removed. On March 15, 2016, Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland confirmed in her testimony before the US Senate Foreign Relations committee that the "2016 U.S. assistance program . . . will support Ukraine as it takes steps to . . . [a]ppoint and confirm a new, clean Prosecutor General, who is committed to rebuilding the integrity of the PGO, and investigate, indict and successfully prosecute corruption and asset recovery cases – including locking up dirty personnel in the PGO itself." https://www.foreign.senate.gov/downl...stimony-031516 This was a policy that had been implemented as early as September 2015 - before Biden was even involved, as confiremed in a prior speech by Ms. Nuland https://www.foreign.senate.gov/heari...ukraine-100815 and a speech by the US Amabassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt. https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-cont...15-ukraine.pdf

Second, the formal US policy to push for Shokin's removal was supported by (and crafting in conjunction with) a half-dozen other governmental and non-governmental actors who would have no reason to try to protect Hunter Biden. This included the UK, EU, IMF, World Bank, and several Republican Senators. https://www.axios.com/republicans-uk...575b9e68d.html. According to Charlie Kupchin, a senior director of European Affairs on the National Security Council, when he sought to remove Shokin, "[Biden] was acting alongside our European allies. Everyone was of the single mind that this prosecutor [Shokin] was not the right guy for the job." https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...or/3785620002/

Third, Joe Biden had no role in creating the policy to remove Shokin. As one person from the US Treasury Department confirmed: "I know how the idea to have Shokin fired came up, and it wasn't Biden. His direct involvement came late in the game." https://www.ft.com/content/e1454ace-...3-db5a370481bc
Biden's efforts to have Shokin removed were done publicly with the blessing of the US State Department in calls to Kiev coordinated with the US Embassy (https://ua.usembassy.gov/readout-vic...kraine-021116/) and in a public joint presentation with Ambassador Pyatt https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-cont...15-ukraine.pdf.

Fourth, Shokin's removal was a big deal at the time and was widely reported in the media and in testimony from a retired Ambassador to Congress. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...L5dxQvV5wvvkXV. The fact that Congress did not seem the least bit concerned at the time suggests that they were not only well-aware that Biden had pushed for Shokin's removal, but that there was bi-partisan support at the time. Had Congress believed that Biden was doing anything other than promoting US interests, they would have taken action at the time when they first learned of it.

So, to summarize, everyone involved has confirmed (some under oath) that Biden's push to have Shokin removed was done to promote formal US anti-corruption policy at the time - a policy Biden had no role in creating. If he was furthering formal, official US policy in conjunction with US anti-corruption allies with the express support of Republican Senators, he wasn't "going rogue" or acting corruptly to further his son's personal interests.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry if you dont see $3,400,000 as being millions. Plus, that is only the part that has been uncovered. There's likely a lot more where that came from.
Missed the underline, did we? $3.4M is demonstrably "millions", that's obviously not the part of the claim I'm taking issue with.

Old 02-14-2020, 07:46 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
So why wasi it an impeachable offense to merely look into it? It looked TERRIBLE right? Wheres the big news if ukraine announced what everyone already knew?

Trump was subjected to years of false allegations about russian collusion. How much political capital did he lose?
How about none? We support him more.
So why is joe biden such a special little girl we take people to court for daring to say a cross word about him while Trump is the target of 90%of the media?
Merely looking into it would not be an impeachable offense. Withholding aid to pressure a foreign leader to look into it is an abuse of power, and that is an impeachable offense. To those who voted to acquit, this abuse of power wasn't serious enough to warrant removing from office, but to others it was serious enough.

Old 02-14-2020, 08:07 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,940,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
You misstate the allegations probably on purpose.

Joe biden had no personal interests in ukraine. Neither did hunter. Theyre innocent right?

Wrong. Hunter biden was an employee of one of ukraines biggest crooks and as such if he worked in any capacity for that man is probably complicit in his crimes. Some shady activities went down regarding that 23 million frozen then released by britain. If trumps request was honored we would know more.
Hunter Biden sat on a board of directors. The Ukrainians have repeatedly stated that he wasn't complicit in anything.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Missed the underline, did we? $3.4M is demonstrably "millions", that's obviously not the part of the claim I'm taking issue with.

Bilk, bribe, coerce, at this point, what difference does it make? They are ill-gotten gains no matter what words one uses to describe it. Politicians selling their votes and influence is wrong, and should be illegal.

Instead of it being illegal, its just corrupt, which means squat if it can't lock them up for it.

If you don't believe the Biden family has been wildly corrupt for decades, I cannot reason with you. Same with the Clinton's, Bush's, Obama's, Cheney's, or any others you can name. The breadth of the Washington DC corruption is beyond comprehension.

Red versus Blue is a junior varsity scrimmage game compared to what both sides are doing to ALL American citizens. We are being sold out. The wealth and income gaps' root causes are political corruption.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:17 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,601,415 times
Quote:
Bilk, bribe, coerce, at this point, what difference does it make? They are ill-gotten gains no matter what words one uses to describe it. Politicians selling their votes and influence is wrong, and should be illegal.

Instead of it being illegal, its just corrupt, which means squat if it can't lock them up for it.

If you don't believe the Biden family has been wildly corrupt for decades, I cannot reason with you. Same with the Clinton's, Bush's, Obama's, Cheney's, or any others you can name. The breadth of the Washington DC corruption is beyond comprehension.

Red versus Blue is a junior varsity scrimmage game compared to what both sides are doing to ALL American citizens. We are being sold out. The wealth and income gaps' root causes are political corruption.
If you want to tell me that Joe Biden is corrupt or that he sold his vote or influence then accompany it with facts to back it up. Hunter Biden trading on his Dad's name is unseemly, but without Joe Biden actually doing favors for Burisma, does not translate to corrupt selling of political influence.

Old 02-14-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Pure speculation and opinion.

Again, I mostly agree with your larger point. We're not talking about what's wrong with our government, though. Start a thread for that discussion.

This thread is about the Bidens and Ukraine, specifically. There's simply no "there" there, regardless of Rudy and Lev's shady nonsense at the President's behest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies