Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2020, 07:23 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,858,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yelling out to Obama that he was a liar during his State of the Union is very different from Speaker Pelosi ripping up Trump’s speech after the speech was over. You did notice, I hope, that Trump was rude to Nancy first with his refusal to shake her proffered hand at the beginning of the ceremony. Trump is a rude, crude person every single day.

I bet if a video came out showing Trump in an untrue way, you would be all up in arms.
The SOTU video isn't altered. That is enough to show the world what a nutcase pillosi is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 07:29 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,397,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I think it's hilarious that all her whining is making sure more people see it than would have otherwise. 11.5 million views.
So now those people know that she thought trump's speech was full of lies.

The one line he spoke that he was going to “save pre-existing conditions” really galled me. What a big lie! He is trying to totally get rid of Obamacare, which includes the pre-existing conditions clause. BTW, where is that wonderful healthcare plan he promised the nation 3+ years ago. Trump does not keep his promises. Just shows what a liar he truly is.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 02-11-2020 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 02-10-2020, 07:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,270,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
It actually didn’t happen that Pelosi tore up the speech at the moment the doctored video made it look like she did.
and all she had to do was maintain the mental capacity and decorum to separate out the pages that weren't about various guests and unquestioned successes, and then tear the others, and then say so when questioned.

No, she tore them all, even though many (if not every single) pages had the "feel good story" on them. Then, btw, the Dems sat on their hands throughout ... I'm sure there wasn't any coordination/acceptance from on high in that.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:41 PM

6,591 posts, read 6,769,693 times
Trump broke her...she sat through the entire speech making faces and mumbling to herself. She looked like a fool.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
It actually didn’t happen that Pelosi tore up the speech at the moment the doctored video made it look like she did.
what if more videos are produced ...

"I pray for the President every day" ... cut to ripping the speech, or the laughing during their impeachment signing ceremony.

"This a solemn occasion" - see above.

now, putting the speech ripping with an unrelated event would indeed be "doctoring". As it is, at the end of the day she has to think about it for at least 9 months, and perhaps 5 years, minimum.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
and all she had to do was maintain the mental capacity and decorum to separate out the pages that weren't about various guests and unquestioned successes, and then tear the others, and then say so when questioned.

No, she tore them all, even though many (if not every single) pages had the "feel good story" on them. Then, btw, the Dems sat on their hands throughout ... I'm sure there wasn't any coordination/acceptance from on high in that.
I disagree, the Dems clapped for the guests who deserved the applause.

There was enough suck-up clapping by the ‘Pubs to last a lifetime.

Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Just stop. Pelosi tore up the speech in its entirety. And the video was just showing what was in some of the speech.

If Pelosi had just taken the pages of the speech, then later held a press conference to hold up the sections of the speech that she objected to and torn up those selected pages up, that would be a completely different scenario. However, Pelosi tore up ALL the pages of the speech (which included the names and stories of the honorees) and that is what is unforgivable to the American public.
it seems so obvious!

Old 02-10-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
what if more videos are produced ...

"I pray for the President every day" ... cut to ripping the speech, or the laughing during their impeachment signing ceremony.

"This a solemn occasion" - see above.

now, putting the speech ripping with an unrelated event would indeed be "doctoring". As it is, at the end of the day she has to think about it for at least 9 months, and perhaps 5 years, minimum.

Nancy has explained that she prays that the President will be able to perform his job competently. Haha, that will take a true miracle!

Old 02-10-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I disagree, the Dems clapped for the guests who deserved the applause.

There was enough suck-up clapping by the ‘Pubs to last a lifetime.
you can disagree, but the video will show the difference.

I think giving Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom is wrong. I'm not talking about hand-sitters then. I'm talking about the unified and concerted effort to show their disapproval throughout. One D female Rep has gained some notice as actually standing and clapping for the "women took 72% of the jobs" (if I've got the right stat).

Old 02-10-2020, 07:53 PM

you are truly unhinged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies