Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2020, 09:00 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,605,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
there's no intellectual honesty on the left, either. Surely you admit that.

exh A: "Trump praised the white nationalists at Charlottesville".
I have condemned both sides for doing it. This thread is about the GOP's use of doctored videos, which is why I am commenting on the GOP. It doesn't help that the GOP appears to be doing it more lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 09:01 AM

18,610 posts, read 8,400,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm noticing a trend..

is there a DOCTOR in the house?
It's hysterical.....every liberal media got their marching orders

...and today's word is "doctored" kiddies

Old 02-11-2020, 09:03 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,456,725 times
I think it would be a good idea to make a mini-blimp of angry, muttering Nancy shredding the speech and fly it over every DNC event. I would contribute to it.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:03 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,899,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
She wasn't beaten? Someone should've told Pelosi's face.

The only thing the democrats impeached was impeachment itself. Democrats put on a show trial to appease their big donors. Trump was also acquitted. That will also go down in history.
She knew, as did we all, that the Senate would never remove him. But he is now impeached, which is what she set out to do. And will be forevermore. Trump knows it and it pisses him off. You pretending otherwise doesn't change that.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:09 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,456,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
She knew, as did we all, that the Senate would never remove him. But he is now impeached, which is what she set out to do. And will be forevermore. Trump knows it and it pisses him off. You pretending otherwise doesn't change that.
You know what else it doesn't change. My vote. Your Potemkin impeachment did nothing but show Americans that leftists will spare no expense to impugn people who oppose their entitled claims to power and their agenda. Trumps numbers went up. Too bad for you.

It also shows the great lengths democrats will go to in order to kiss the backsides of their big money donors. Hope it was worth it. Last week will go down in history as the week Trump was both re-elected and acquitted.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:21 AM

52,940 posts, read 34,785,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
I think it would be a good idea to make a mini-blimp of angry, muttering Nancy shredding the speech and fly it over every DNC event. I would contribute to it.
that would be hysterical. i'd donate next week's beer money to see it happen.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,956,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
What you are doing right now is lying. The video shows excerpts from the speech that Pelosi tore up and nothing more. Everything in the video was in the speech Pelosi tore up and she tore up every single page. She made a grand display of it so that everyone would know she tore up every single page. There's nothing dishonest about it.....what is dishonest is you coming here and lying about it in an effort to spin things to make Pelosi's actions seem less embarrassing. It's not going to work kiddo, you'd be much better off just distancing yourself from that clown. Let her take well deserved heat for her stupidity rather than suggesting that you agree with the stupidity.
The video shows excerpts from the address, interspersed with video of Pelosi tearing up the speech.

It's not dishonest of me to point out that interspersing the video of Pelosi tearing up the speech with other moments of the address (when Pelosi didn't tear up the speech until the end) is dishonest, since it doesn't show that at each of those moments in the address, Pelosi is giving the honorees a standing ovation.

I haven't lied at any time.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The person you should be aiming your criticism at is Pelosi. She's the nitwit that, in the most divisive political climate in my lifetime, thought that tearing up the speech was a good idea. The only way she could have helped Republicans more is if she had openly endorsed Trump for 2020.

And yes, as someone with experience in advertising and social media, I think the video is a great idea. I'd say the same if the roles were reversed, as well.
I have aimed criticism at Pelosi. That does not mean that I cannot also say that the video was doctored, and that the doctoring is not just a criticism of Pelosi but a dishonest effort to portray her as not respecting the honorees. She did respect those honorees, as is signified by the standing ovation she gave them.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm noticing a trend..

is there a DOCTOR in the house?
The first post of this thread asserted that the video wasn't doctored. That was patently untrue, and I've been arguing that it was untrue this entire thread. Do you have a point, or is trying to demean others how you've decided to enjoy your morning?

Old 02-11-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
It's hysterical.....every liberal media got their marching orders

...and today's word is "doctored" kiddies
No one gave me any marching orders.

Maybe you'd like to keep to the topic of the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies