Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 07:55 AM

76 posts, read 63,087 times

Advertisements

I don’t mean this to start an argument. Just feedback and opinions.
I have spoke to many people who grew up or were teachers in the 80’s and 90’s even as recent as 10 years ago and nobody recalled having a transgender student in their school. Now there seems to be one or more in most schools. Yes I know we are more free to express ourselves now and that many people believe leads to less suicides but from the people I talked to, nobody knew anyone who became transgender years later when it was more accepted and no one they know of committed suicide because they couldn’t. I don’t know what to make of this change. I almost feel like it’s forced on some kids.
I also don’t considered being gay or bi in the same category. I believe you are born gay and most the time know at a considerably young age. Transgender in my opinion is a whole other topic. It can range from mental illness to a phase that parents take it to far or get advise from a Dr pushing an agenda. I personally don’t agree with changing your child at such a young age. Let them decide when they are 18.

Last edited by JenniferLB75; 01-16-2020 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-16-2020, 07:58 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,257,846 times
honestly its all a fad.

Or I think over zealous parents are behind this pushing on their children to really, really, really, consider that they might be transgender because of something small and trivial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLB75 View Post
I don’t mean this to start an argument. Just feedback and opinions.
I have spoke to many people who grew up or were teachers in the 80’s and 90’s even as recent as 10 years ago and nobody recalled having a transgender student in their school. Now there seems to be one or more in most schools. Yes I know we are more free to express ourselves now and that many people believe leads to less suicides but from the people I talked to, nobody knew anyone who became transgender years later when it was more accepted and no one they we know of committed suicide because they couldn’t. I don’t know what to make of this change. I almost feel like it’s forced on some kids.
I also don’t considered being gay or bi in the same category. I believe you are born gay and most the time know at a considerably young age. Transgender in my opinion is a whole other topic. It can range from mental illness to a phase that parents take it to far or get advise from a Dr pushing an agenda. I personally don’t agree with changing your child at such a young age. Let them decide when they are 18.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:22 AM

31,077 posts, read 22,117,738 times
Well, being Transgender is an option now, just like coming out as Bi, which was almost unheard of a decade ago. If you have options your going to consider them. There are more kids coming out as all different sorts of variations of LGBTQLMNOP. It mostly doesn't affect me so I really don't put too much stock into it.

The main difference now and 10 years ago, is you have a lot of 12 year old kids wondering what they are?

Old 01-16-2020, 08:31 AM

18,409 posts, read 19,042,623 times
You don’t have to understand why or how. Don’t have to debate, good, and all in between. Just treat people with kindness. All of us are unique and deserve to be treated fairly.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:42 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,405,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, being Transgender is an option now, just like coming out as Bi, which was almost unheard of a decade ago. If you have options your going to consider them. There are more kids coming out as all different sorts of variations of LGBTQLMNOP. It mostly doesn't affect me so I really don't put too much stock into it.

The main difference now and 10 years ago, is you have a lot of 12 year old kids wondering what they are?
With all these gender labels that SJWs use, at times you or do have 12-year-old kids still wondering what they are.

Old 01-16-2020, 08:46 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,123,252 times
There's actually an interesting vid someone posted on Reddit. Dude criticizes a woman for not telling her man she's trans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vED...jh742OC-g8%3A6

And he knows he's gonna be called transphobic by calling her out, but I think he's right. Kind of messed up that she's telling him now.

IMO, I think everyone is free to live as they want as long as they're not causing harm to anyone or themselves. However, I do have an issue with parents that tell their son "your a girl" , or their daughter "your a boy" and give them drugs to make them so.. That s* is wrong..

Old 01-16-2020, 08:49 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,910,752 times
Some think Mass Psychogenic Illness may be causing teenagers to come out as transgender en masse and that one of the biggest accelerants is social media.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...se-among-teens

What Witchcraft Is Facebook?

Mass psychogenic illness—historically known as "mass hysteria"—is making a comeback.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...cebook/279499/

Old 01-16-2020, 08:55 AM

2,419 posts, read 2,992,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
You don’t have to understand why or how. Don’t have to debate, good, and all in between. Just treat people with kindness. All of us are unique and deserve to be treated fairly.
Yes, yes, yes. This is it exactly.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:01 AM

7,943 posts, read 3,485,499 times
Impossible Burgers are pumping our kids full of estrogen, and some say chemicals in plastic drink bottles are doing the same. Plus a transgender kid is a fashion accessory for some SJW types, kind of like a third world adopted child or a dog in a purse. Something they can parade around their peers and receive accolades for. Some of those SJW parents are brainwashing their impressionable kids. If you can convince a kid Santa Clause is real maybe you can convince him that he's a girl. It does a disservice to real transgenders really, who need help.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:02 AM

76 posts, read 63,087 times
I also can’t understand how one person can be called they. I was reading a profile of an actor on IMDB and the biography refers to that person as they. One person is singular, they is plural. So now we are changing basic grammar for someone who is genetically either he or she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.