Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 03:02 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What does Q as in LGBTQ mean?

I read somewhere ***** does not necessary identify orientation , sexual or gender.

So is it *****= Different, somewhat unique?
It's not to be understood. Don't expect any of it to make sense.

They can just INVENT any kind of LGBT identity they want.

Old 01-16-2020, 03:07 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Then don’t. See how simple that is?
the whole issue is very simple you are right. good to agree with you on something.

Old 01-16-2020, 04:08 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLB75 View Post
I don’t mean this to start an argument. Just feedback and opinions.
I have spoke to many people who grew up or were teachers in the 80’s and 90’s even as recent as 10 years ago and nobody recalled having a transgender student in their school. Now there seems to be one or more in most schools. Yes I know we are more free to express ourselves now and that many people believe leads to less suicides but from the people I talked to, nobody knew anyone who became transgender years later when it was more accepted and no one they know of committed suicide because they couldn’t. I don’t know what to make of this change. I almost feel like it’s forced on some kids.
I also don’t considered being gay or bi in the same category. I believe you are born gay and most the time know at a considerably young age. Transgender in my opinion is a whole other topic. It can range from mental illness to a phase that parents take it to far or get advise from a Dr pushing an agenda. I personally don’t agree with changing your child at such a young age. Let them decide when they are 18.
According to Douglas Maury who is an IDW or Intellectual Dark Web. He wrote a back last year called Madness of the Crowds. It is a good book which breaks down Women = Feminist, race=black, LGB= Lesbian Gay and Bi and leaves the T for trans in its own category due to the fact that Feminist, Gays and Lesbians don't see eye to eye with transsexuals and thus the intersectionality alliance fails. Its a great read for anyone trying to understand this moral phenomenon that is spewing out of the universities in the mainly white Anglo Saxon parts of the World, (U.S, UK, Canada, Australia, NZ). I will leave a link to his video in which he talks and unpacks all of these identities, and mind you he is also a gay man. I also agree that Transsexual is a different category due to its nature and not the same as LGB.

The Transsexual is not everywhere and mainly in urban arears which this type of attitude or norm is accepted and even embraced. In other communities that is rural, conservative and even in racially like in the church going and voting democrat Black American community, Transsexual identities are not accepted. like wise in immigrant communities transsexual identities are not accepted and thus pose a problem for white liberals and academics. Sad thing about Transsexuals is that in some communities where such people are from, they are not accepted by family or by communities and many end up being shunned, or homeless. And thus those on social justice and academic circles defend and protect transsexual peoples. I have met some great transsexual people, and I don't have a problem with their identities, and I believe in the rights of the individual to represent themselves just as long as they don't cause physical harm and to a lesser extent moral harm to wider society.

Now the institution of academia in the Anglo Saxon west is that these privy types are pushing the moral panic of anti white, anti male and anti straight rhetoric in the past 5 years. And yes it is a moral panic. Academia has been able to influence the job market, publishing, journalism, social media and so forth with their ideas and rhetoric. The problem with academia is this. They are pushing this anti white male, anti male, anti straight rhetoric down the throats of people, and even doing such with the control of media. You have people that now want to raise kids non binary. Raising kids non binary is going to confuse them, and the only way to raise a kid non binary is with other parents who raise their kids non binary manner! Than you have the gender pronouns, and this gender and that gender which I don't mind, but don't force such ideas on to others especially since both science, religion and even communism all agree on two genders. I'm in an relationship with a woman who wants me to raise a boy and a girl as the same. My thing is this. As a child reaches maturity, let the child decide if it wants to be gay, or lesbian or trans. Don't push this stuff as a child and this will only cause confusion amongst the child.

https://www.amazon.com/Madness-Crowd.../dp/1635579988

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6FORM%3DHDRSC3

Old 01-16-2020, 06:38 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Who cares?
Because a lot of kids are being victimized by this nonsense.

My guess is that many of you trying this sort of reply out probably know at some level that pumping teens, pre-teens and children full of hormones and/or puberty blockers isn't good. My guess is you probably also recognize that few things are more unscientific than most all of the claims by trans activists and their apologists. The "doctors" who oversee this are doing irreparable harm to thousands and thousands of kids. I think that merits concern from all conscientious people.

Having seen this phenomenon firsthand, the kids who overwhelmingly get initiated into transgenderism are kids on the periphery, who are especially vulnerable to this sort of persuasion by empty-headed adults.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:53 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferLB75 View Post
I don’t mean this to start an argument. Just feedback and opinions.
I have spoke to many people who grew up or were teachers in the 80’s and 90’s even as recent as 10 years ago and nobody recalled having a transgender student in their school. Now there seems to be one or more in most schools. Yes I know we are more free to express ourselves now and that many people believe leads to less suicides but from the people I talked to, nobody knew anyone who became transgender years later when it was more accepted and no one they know of committed suicide because they couldn’t. I don’t know what to make of this change. I almost feel like it’s forced on some kids.
I also don’t considered being gay or bi in the same category. I believe you are born gay and most the time know at a considerably young age. Transgender in my opinion is a whole other topic. It can range from mental illness to a phase that parents take it to far or get advise from a Dr pushing an agenda. I personally don’t agree with changing your child at such a young age. Let them decide when they are 18.
There are transgender people, period.

However, I think society skews the numbers. I think many girls who are Tom boys believe they are non-binary and many will identify as transgender before they grow out of it.

I'd guess a lot of gay boys might do the same for a period before realizing they are just gay and not transgender.

I've interacted with many teens who identify as transgender, and I'd best most won't identify that way as adults.

I sympathize greatly with truly transgender people, and I sincerely hope they find happiness and acceptance.

I wish society would accept them and show them love.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
You don’t have to understand why or how. Don’t have to debate, good, and all in between. Just treat people with kindness. All of us are unique and deserve to be treated fairly.
Hey, we finally agree on something for once.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:57 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hey, we finally agree on something for once.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
My biggest concern is fairness in sports.
The majority of transgender people want you to compete as you were physically born. They feel the same as you.

It's only a small subset of the trans community trying to cause problems, but they are aided by radical anti-Christian liberals (not all liberals) who see it as a way to **** off the Christian conservatives.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:59 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The majority of transgender people want you to compete as you were physically born. They feel the same as you.

It's only a small subset of the trans community trying to cause problems, but they are aided by radical anti-Christian liberals (not all liberals) who see it as a way to **** off the Christian conservatives.
And academia.

Old 01-17-2020, 06:57 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
oh ok, I guess I am obligated now to remember every stupid gender pronoun and God forbid if I call one these mentally challenged people by the wrong pronoun, I could be fired. WOW. What a world we live in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Abide how? By not being a complete d**** to them?

That doesn’t seem too hard to abide to...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies