Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 09:06 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times

Advertisements

Here's a list of 319 things Trump's done. Please share your opinion after reading all 319.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...in-three-years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 09:16 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Republicans have been after the Clintons from the get go, painting them as criminals, and assassins, up to no good. They would have continued to do so during her administration. It would have been a tough slog.

Instead, we got Trump. He's not some out-of-the-blue aberration. He's where Republicans have been headed since Nixon, Lee Atwater, New Gingrich, ... He's shown Republicans for what they are.

Americans now have a choice to vote about whether this is who we are.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:18 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,937,539 times
Of course it's all a matter of perspective.

His signature accomplishment was the tax cut. To me, this is not something to be proud of, because it piles on to the national debt and benefits the wealthy disproportionately.

Also often cited are his judicial appointments. Since I don't want a lot of very conservative judges, it doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment to me. i can live with Gorsuch, but Kavanaugh is still a sniveling little weasel.

He is building a wall, but Mexico is not paying for it

Failed to repeal and replace Obamacare with "something terrific"

Jared's Mideast peace plan was dead on arrival

A couple of things he did accomplish, but his spin on them was over the top:

I approve of his meetings with Kim Jong Un, but it was foolish for him to then proclaim "no more nuclear threat from North Korea". Nothing concrete came out of it, but I think the effort was worthwhile.

I approve of the USMCA, but after Trump decried the "horrible" NAFTA, he comes out with an agreement that is essentially NAFTA version 2.0. Oh well, modest improvement is still improvement.

I thought his killing of the Iranian general was foolhardy, and risked all out war. It didn't turn out that way. I'm not sure if that makes him brilliant or lucky.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:21 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

...despite the unprecedented push back from the Dems that hate him with a passion.

Almost as much as Mitch McConnell hated Obama.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:29 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That kind of thinking boggles me. Of all the immigration policies/measures we need to take to address the existing illegal resident issue and going forward -- the wall is the most expensive and LEAST effective.

It may stop a handfull of refugees/assylum seekers....but that's not the issue with illegal residents in the USA.

It's what we do with who is here.....

It won't sotp the 'criminals', 'terrorists', etc...

It should be the last step to enforce immigration.

But it is good for show'..It's a symbol...simplistic...and doesn't really alleviate any of the issues that impact us right now.
Building the Mexican Border Wall is the best thing any U.S. President has done for America since Ronald Reagan killed the Soviet Union.

It will keep out nearly all illegal foreign nationals from crossing into the United States from Mexico. We can then work on deporting all the criminal aliens and terrorists that are currently in the United States so that they can never cross into this country again.

This will also reduce the number of illegals taking advantage of healthcare, public education, welfare and a host of other programs and services. In conjunction with this, we need to also dramatically reduce chain migration. The United States needs to have a purely merit based immigration policy.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:33 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
If that is your synopsis of all that Trump has not done (if you really voted for him in 2016), then you have not been keeping score properly.
Just the fact he has gotten a bunch of federal judges (with original intent as their core philosophy) on the bench is a HUGE accomplishment.

I am not going to list everything he has done (not all of which I may agree with), but here is Hannity listing a bunch of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIVZoaD9q5c

You may or may not like all of it, but that is some list in comparison with yours. Just imagine all he could do if not being constantly hounded by the MSM and Democrats trying to resist him at every turn.

`
Yes the allmighty Hannity knows all.. That alone refutes this entire point that you had to point out his video

Old 02-25-2020, 09:45 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,937,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Here's a list of 319 things Trump's done. Please share your opinion after reading all 319.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...in-three-years
"The DOW, S&P 500, and NASDAQ have all repeatedly notched record highs under President Trump"

Big deal. The last president who did not have record highs in the stock market during his term was Jimmy Carter.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:48 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Read 'em and weep Progressives, and get ready for another four years of success and prosperity.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-adm...complishments/

Old 02-25-2020, 09:50 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Let's divide it up into domestic and foreign...

Domestic
- Immigration. I think he has gone too far but I will give him credit for reining in illegal immigration. Success.
- Environment he has made worse. Failure.
- Bringing the country together. He is not a leader of the US, just of the Trump faction of Republicans. Massive failure.
- Economy. He has not screwed up what Obama achieved. Success.
- American democracy. His attacks on our institutions: FBI, DoJ, Military, the courts, the free press has turned America into more of a banana Republic. Massive Failure.
- Healthcare reform. Massive Failure.
- Climate change. The US can be the leader instead we're the whining kid who won't play ball. Massive failure.

Foreign
- North Korea. Failure.
- Iran. We had a treaty that was working, now Iran is closer than ever to a nuke. Failure.
- Allies. Trump has alienated all our key allies. They think he is a joke. Failure.
- Trade war. Nothing of substance has come out of his trade war. Failure.
- Standing up to criminal regimes like Saudi Arabia. Failure.
- Disengaging from foreign wars. Success.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:53 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear09 View Post
What did Trump do in the past 3.5 years other than corporate tax cut?

I voted for Trump in 2016, but I don’t think I will vote for him this year.

1. He couldn’t fix Obamacare. He promised comprehensive healthcare plan includes pre-existing condition, but nothing worked out.
2. Couldn’t protect American Jobs specially high-tech jobs.(h1b, H4EAD)
3. Did nothing against offshoring.
4. Couldn’t bring back manufacturing jobs from China
If the OP is naïve enough to believe that more government meddling in the natural workings of an open, globalizing economy can do anything constructive, then (s)he is just one more part of the problem.

And so is Trump, for that matter; but Trump's brand of snake oil is far less toxic than that peddled by Sanders, Bloomberg, Warren, or any Democrat,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies