Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 08:35 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear09 View Post
What did Trump do in the past 3.5 years other than corporate tax cut?

I voted for Trump in 2016, but I don’t think I will vote for him this year.

1. He couldn’t fix Obamacare. He promised comprehensive healthcare plan includes pre-existing condition, but nothing worked out.
2. Couldn’t protect American Jobs specially high-tech jobs.(h1b, H4EAD)
3. Did nothing against offshoring.
4. Couldn’t bring back manufacturing jobs from China
The tax cut is the issue sold to rest of the USA but I suspect most Republicans/conservatives are thrilled with the court appointments.

Tax cut is for show...as far as true, deep, conservatives ---the court thing is for real long term benefits -- or so they hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 08:36 AM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
There is a list that is so long, it won't allow me to post. I will carve it into chunks later when I get more time.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:38 AM

As for trade deals -- the only real one is the new NAFTA and that is 90-95% old NAFTA with a bit of tweaking. Nothing wrong with that. It's not a bad thing -- it's just not a really significant change in how the USA trades with Mexico & Canada and won't have short or long term significant impacts. It just won't.

Not a bad deal -- not what was suggested by Trump.

No deal with China, no deal with India (which funnily enough is almost as critical if not more than China but somehow never gets the focus)....and no real deal with the UK/Europe/etc......

Trump may make great deals in selling his brand and even in real estate land development....but representing your own company with your own interests is different than representing a country.

I will say -- the one area I thought Trump was going to be good at, 'budget' has been very disappointing for me. I'm not saying he's worse than any other politician at all -- just more of the same -- no accountability for how they spend our tax dollars.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:39 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Trump is building the Mexican Border Wall. That in itself is reason enough to reelect him.

Not to mention all the other reasons.

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Anyone who goes onto a web forum and asks "what has the President done in the past 3 years because I don't know" and follows with "I'm not voting for him anyway" is a ringer.

So I'll respond with this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eicVr8fgGlY

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:

1. He couldn’t fix Obamacare. He promised comprehensive healthcare plan includes pre-existing condition, but nothing worked out.
I appreciate you being honest. Very few Trump supporters are willing to admit that Donald has not accomplished very much in his first four years.

His biggest promise to his voters was that he'd repeal and replace Obamacare. "Day 1" were Trump's exact words. Three years later, Obamacare still exists and has not been replaced.

Hats off to you for being able to be honest. I wish more Trump supporters would be honest and not so disingenuous all the time. It's not easy to admit when you were wrong about someone.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:43 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trumps greatest achievement was beating Hillary and pulling America into a rest stop off the highway to hell the Dems had us on and vow to put us back on.
This is perhaps the most accurate statement I've heard a Trump-supporter say on these forums in a long time. I know it sounds like I'm trying to make a clever jab, but it really is accurate.

Hillary was 100% the "rest-stop off of the the highway to hell". I stated before, during and after the election that it was my belief that she was "more of the same politics as usual" as both parties were offering. I also stated that 4-8 years of "rest stop" was better than what we would get with Trump, and I was right.

So yeah, Trump "pulled America off the rest-stop" off the rest-stop, and put us right back in the HOV lane to hell.

Good job Trump, and good job to his supporters for fast-laning our decline as a great nation.

(EDIT: I misread your quote, I thought you said he pulled us off of the rest-stop, not into it. So actually, your quote was not accurate.)

Hillary = no progress
Trump = rapid decline

With those choices, I'll take a stalemate.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Trump is building the Mexican Border Wall. That in itself is reason enough to reelect him.

Not to mention all the other reasons.
That kind of thinking boggles me. Of all the immigration policies/measures we need to take to address the existing illegal resident issue and going forward -- the wall is the most expensive and LEAST effective.

It may stop a handfull of refugees/assylum seekers....but that's not the issue with illegal residents in the USA.

It's what we do with who is here.....

It won't sotp the 'criminals', 'terrorists', etc...

It should be the last step to enforce immigration.

But it is good for show'..It's a symbol...simplistic...and doesn't really alleviate any of the issues that impact us right now.

Old 02-25-2020, 08:55 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:

Removing a ton regulations has been hidden, but huge. Businesses have a more solid foundation on which they can operate. Costs with regulatory compliance has decreased, which allows them more resources to hire.

Old 02-25-2020, 09:04 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:
I feel economy is doing well because of lower interest rate and stock buyback.
I for one don't care about your feelings !!! No one I've ever heard of recommends emotional investing !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies