Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 09:43 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I had the virus in December and got vaccinated in April. For myself before I even consider a booster shot I want to know what my antibody level is first. Seems to me everyone should be tested for that before they get the vaccine or a booster. If my levels are fine I would prefer not to keep getting jabbed since there is risk in doing so.
that makes too much sense, and is kind of like practicing science. Which us everyday people are strictly discouraged or forbidden from doing.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Difference is if you were screaming VINEGAR IS NOT A WINDOW CLEANER! like the folks screaming ivermectin is not a horse dewormer and then someone points out the obvious that it is a horse dewormer as one of its uses.
no, it's the pejorative "using a horse dewormer" as if the drug wasn't approved for human use when indicated.

See, one of the "horse dewormers!!" could just as easily educate themselves enough to not swallow the handbook line, and actually pivot to "under the care of your personal physician". But they don't.

Why is that, you think?

Old 09-07-2021, 09:47 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Probably not good for men wanting to have kids in the near future to take a bunch of Ivermectin, even in otherwise appropriate human doses-

https://www.scholarsresearchlibrary....s-patients.pdf
Probably not a good idea for men wanting to have kids in the near future to drink, smoke pot and/or cigarettes, take opioids, certain antibiotics or any of the hundred other things that can effect their sperm count.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:01 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Probably not a good idea for men wanting to have kids in the near future to drink, smoke pot and/or cigarettes, take opioids, certain antibiotics or any of the hundred other things that can effect their sperm count.
In addition, some scientists have also raised fertility concerns about the vaccines that have been ignored. Those raising the concerns said it would take one single day to test the theory and put the concerns to bed but no one in a position to test it will do so.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
This stuff only creates fear in the unvacciated. None if it scares me.

Well the virus is still around and now effecting lots of people in my life who opted out on the vaccine. Was it not fake and suppose to end on election day or the day Biden took office? I recall that chatter on your side. My side is common sense not left or right.

I would suggest against horse dewormer. Although the upper case lower case stuff you do is a bit out there.

Go to a real doctor and get real ivervectin not at the feed store if one has that proclivity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I saw that. It may be vaccine-resistant. Very troubling.
no, that line "may be vaccine-resistant" obviously scares the bejeebus out of a lot of vaxxed people. Case in point.

Old 09-07-2021, 10:16 AM

Get ready for our President to read a speech prepared for him off the teleprompter on Thursday pushing more mandates and the doubling and tripling down of doing the same things that haven’t worked for the last 18 months.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/07/polit...mic/index.html

Quote:
President Joe Biden is set to deliver a major address on the next phase of his pandemic response this week, two sources familiar with the speech tell CNN.

While officials were still finalizing specifics early this week, the speech will have multiple components related to schools, private companies and requirements for federal employees. It's the most they have done to date, one person said. The speech was initially slated for Wednesday, but a White House official told CNN later Tuesday morning that the timing is still fluid and would instead come on Thursday.

"On Thursday, the President will speak to the American people about his robust plan to stop the spread of the Delta variant and boost vaccinations. As the President has said since Day 1, his administration will pull every lever to get the pandemic under control. On Thursday, the President will lay out a six-pronged strategy that will help us do just that, working across the public and private sectors," the official said.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:52 PM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
Looks like Cornell University face the same music as Israel and Iceland got with Covid surge despite over 90% people vaccinated.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/despit...ime-last-year/
Too bad there no way to sue Pzifer and Moderna....

Quote:
Cornell University has aggressively pushed its students to get vaccinated, announcing a vaccine mandate for the 2021-22 academic year in April and frequently denying religious and medical exemptions.

As a result, 95 percent of the campus population, both students and faculty, is vaccinated.

Despite this, Cornell University has more than five times the amount of confirmed positive cases during its first week of this academic year than it did during its first week of the 2020-21 academic year, according to the Cornell COVID dashboard.

By the numbers, during the first week of school that ran from Aug. 27 to Sept. 2 of this academic year, Cornell reported 322 positive COVID-19 cases.

In comparison, during the first week of school last year, which ran from Sept. 3 through Sept. 9 of 2020, Cornell reported 59 positive COVID-19 cases.

That is 263 more cases, or more than five times the amount of positive cases, when comparing the first week of school.

Most students attended in-person classes in the fall of 2020 and were required to wear masks, just like this academic year. The increase in positive cases cannot be attributed to an increase in testing — in fact, more tests were administered in the first week last fall, according to the Cornell COVID dashboard.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:01 PM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
They're also the ones letting their guard down and not masking.
When it comes to indoor dining, everyone does it. You can’t wear a mask when you’re eating. Thus other mitigation is needed, such as ventilation, rapid testing, or vaccines.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Looks like Cornell University face the same music as Israel and Iceland got with Covid surge despite over 90% people vaccinated.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/despit...ime-last-year/
Too bad there no way to sue Pzifer and Moderna....
When are people going to wake up? The vaccines are not working.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:44 PM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
When are people going to wake up? The vaccines are not working.
The community transmission rate is another variable. In 2020, there were still a lot of capacity restrictions in place, driving the numbers much lower. While the campus policies themselves may be very similar between 2020 and 2021, a lot of the positive cases may have been people that contracted covid off campus rather than on campus.

If you have a partially effective vaccine and very high community transmission, it is very plausible that you could end up with more cases than you would with a much lower community transmission rate and no vaccines. But that does not mean the vaccines don’t help.

To determine if the vaccines are working at all, you would need to compare the vaccinated people to unvaccinated people at the same time or with a similar community case rate. Otherwise it is not a valid comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies