Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2021, 06:31 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times

Advertisements

Chicken Little the sky is failing we're all going to DIE!!!!!!!

Shut down the economy, inject the children with POISON and mask them up PTSD Forever!!!!

Fear, FEAR, FEEEEEEEAR!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2021, 06:35 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This is all incredibly depressing.

It explains why we can't get control of this outbreak in Sydney even with serious lockdowns, as we have before.

The ramifications of this are awful.

The good news is that vaccines still prevent serious illness and death. Without that, given the level of infectiousness, god knows where we'll all be.

It's pretty scary to contemplate what happens when the variants get more deadly and more infectious.
Lambda will be the next big threat. I don't know if it matches Delta on how easily it is transmitted but if it breaks through the vaccines and has the potential to make anyone ill that is a huge problem.

There may be a point where we just let it rip. And whoever survives it can pick up the pieces.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:43 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Lambda will be the next big threat. I don't know if it matches Delta on how easily it is transmitted but if it breaks through the vaccines and has the potential to make anyone ill that is a huge problem.

There may be a point where we just let it rip. And whoever survives it can pick up the pieces.
That's not how I envisioned the world for my 14 year old kid.

My husband's parents are in the US and usually visit us in Sydney every Christmas, they're old now, we may never see them again.

I hope they are iterating the vaccines as we speak, so we can continue to fight this in some way or other. I don't care if we get one every 3 months, as long as we can keep people from getting sick and get some semblance of normality back.

I really thought we were on our way out of this in the beginning of the year.

Ugh.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:51 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Chicken Little the sky is failing we're all going to DIE!!!!!!!

Shut down the economy, inject the children with POISON and mask them up PTSD Forever!!!!

Fear, FEAR, FEEEEEEEAR!!!!!!!!!

You and a few dozen others in the echo chamber here may buy into this paranoid nonsense - but the rest of us know better.

Make this "argument" to my co-worker and his wife and family who are watching him suffer and drown in his own fluids in a hospital bed. What do you think their reaction would be to this ridiculous statement? Most likely - you don't care. I get it.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM

21,147 posts, read 19,729,843 times
Is that before or after one has had the chickenpox vaccine?

Old 07-30-2021, 06:57 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,010,515 times
This whole thing is complete BS.. everyone deep down in their guts knows it too.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:59 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I'm afraid that will be necessary, looking at the upsurge in cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Even the areas that don't have severe transmission today are beginning to be affected by nearby hot spots.

Covid is horrific, Delta or otherwise. Have a co-worker here in the "large engineering enterprise" that I work for who was infected a few weeks ago. It was shocking to all of us as he is young and fit. His whole family (all un-vaccinated) got it as well but he ended up with the severe disease - in the hospital on a vent and the outcome looks grim. His suffering is hard to even grasp - seems clear he will either die or survive it with long term lung and throat damage.

We can have word play all day here and elsewhere about this but make no mistake, this virus is relentless and it can affect you and yours in terrible ways, especially if you are not vaccinated. This is reality.
Our daughter who works in ICU in a big city hospital says they have gone from two covids a few weeks ago to a "code red" condition where most of the ICU is again covid and expanding to additional floors. About 2/3 of those intubated will die and all of them there now except one who got the J&J are unvaccinated.

Forget noses, and chicken pox, and masks and closures. There is an easy fix to this. If people are unwilling to take the simple step of getting vaccinated, then it should be on them. We who have done so can't save them from themselves and should not be asked to.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You and a few dozen others in the echo chamber here may buy into this paranoid nonsense - but the rest of us know better.

Make this "argument" to my co-worker and his wife and family who are watching him suffer and drown in his own fluids in a hospital bed. What do you think their reaction would be to this ridiculous statement? Most likely - you don't care. I get it.
Perhaps the people in YOUR echo chamber should focus your emotions on the *******s playing with GoF viruses and RELEASING THEM ON THE WORLD!!!!!

Old 07-30-2021, 07:05 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Our daughter who works in ICU in a big city hospital says they have gone from two covids a few weeks ago to a "code red" condition where most of the ICU is again covid and expanding to additional floors. About 2/3 of those intubated will die and all of them there now except one who got the J&J are unvaccinated.

Forget noses, and chicken pox, and masks and closures. There is an easy fix to this. If people are unwilling to take the simple step of getting vaccinated, then it should be on them. We who have done so can't save them from themselves and should not be asked to.
My SIL is an ICU nurse. A few weeks ago they hit zero patients for the first time since this started. They are now filling up again quickly.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-30-2021, 07:09 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,475,901 times
Does this mean we should get all of our kids together for delta variant parties?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies