Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 09:13 AM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
So if it turns out that the vaccine protected you from Covid for six months, and then a lifetime of boosters with unknown negative health consequences.... maybe we dummies were onto something after all.
I don't think any perfect choice exists. You get the vaccine you might have side effects. You don't get the vaccine you might get sick from covid. Only way to avoid all of this is be a hermit up in a cabin all alone until its over. But who would want to do that.

So everyone just rolls the dice one way or another. With Delta I am glad I am vaccinated. With Lambda if that hits hard I might regret it. Assuming Lambda can evade the vaccine. And the one after that if there is one? Who knows. I might start looking for that cabin at that point.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:18 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am saying the numbers show this to be the case. I don't need to opine. Educated people tend to make better decisions in life. They make more money, have more things and have a better life. Sure there are exceptions to everything but lots of jobs require a college degree like working at car rental agencies. Why? Is it not a fairly easy job that most people can grasp? I was a manager at a pharmacy chain out of college. I had no special training for working there but they wanted people who at least had the ability to complete college.

So yes the data shows a lack of education and vaccine hesitancy go together. Sorry that touches a nerve. Sometimes the truth hurts.
No they don't. You stated that and said the numbers were from the Census Bureau which I proved to you isn't true.
You just ignore and continue to repeat .

Old 07-31-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wrong.

Black people make up 14% of the population, that’s about 46 million people, many of which are obese and disproportionately dying from covid.

Less than 25% of African Americans are vaccinated. The numbers don’t lie.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...s-biden-491973

https://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/b...lvl=4&lvlid=25

So yes, I would call that a black boycott. When the highest risk demographic of dying of covid is the lowest vaccinated, that’s called a boycott.

Liberals think we blacks are permanent helpless victims, so it’s now blowing up in their face when they complain that we can’t even get a vaccine.

Why aren’t blacks getting vaccines? Because we don’t trust Biden. Period.
Your example was totally bogus. You know that. Now since that didn't work its time to blame Biden. I don't like Biden and how he is dealing with the pandemic. Its no better than how Trump dealt with it which was rightfully criticized.

You may not get the vaccine because of Biden but if Trump had remained in office the numbers would have been just as bad. Black people tend to not trust white people and the government which is run mostly by white people. You think that black people who mostly voted for Biden would trust Trump more? Most are not conservatives like you. Truth is the majority of people not vaccinated in America are white. And that is because 60% of the population is white.

But like I have said. I don't care about changing anyone's mind on the vaccine. Let it rip through the country and whatever happens happens.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
No they don't. You stated that and said the numbers were from the Census Bureau which I proved to you isn't true.
You just ignore and continue to repeat .

Its from census data. You keep saying the census bureau. Why try to argue that? Its easy to take official census data, like income and education by zip code and compare that to vaccination rates in each zip code. More educated zip codes have higher vaccination rates. What is so hard to understand about that?

Old 07-31-2021, 09:28 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,751,273 times
We heard that asymptomatic or mild cases can develop heart/lung issues 8 or 9 months down the road, but that information has been silenced all of a sudden, we are only hearing most of serious illness/hospitalizations are the unvaccinated. Will the mild case vaccinated be admitted to hospitals around Sept/Oct from the January vaccines from heart/lung issues?

Old 07-31-2021, 09:29 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Your example was totally bogus.
No it wasn’t. Numbers don’t lie.
Quote:
Race/Ethnicity of People Receiving a COVID-19 Vaccine in the U.S. as of June 28, 2021

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditio...ion-rates.html

Old 07-31-2021, 09:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
My husband is overweight , eat semi healthy because of me. He walks but no other exercise. He does take lots of vitamin supplements. He hasn't been sick at all for for a year and half. Ever sense he started taking his vitamins He has stayed free of any symptoms.

Im A-. I never tested for covid. I work in a hospital as a CT tech and xray tech. I literally touch covid sick patients, hands on. Many times not even knowing if they are sick. So I have for sure brought it home. Our family has been spared from it all.
I'm a runner. Well..not so much the last couple of weeks sense I started working 3rd shift. It's hard to adjust.
Covid spreads primarily by exposure to respiratory droplets and aerosols, expressed by an infected person. In 2020 I had routine blood work done, a mammogram, ultrasound and a CT. In all cases, I was required to be masked as were the techs. Unlike me, the techs wore N99 and N95 masks.

They also wore gloves and gowns. In a few cases the techs also wore face shields.

Most healthcare professionals who comply with their employer’s PPE protocols do not become infected by patient contact.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:36 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
There were no lockdowns in the US.

Heck, no one exposed to or who tested positive was forced into isolated quarantine, unless incarcerated.

People have been free to go outside for a walk, a run, a bike ride, skating etc., all along.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:39 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Its from census data. You keep saying the census bureau. Why try to argue that? Its easy to take official census data, like income and education by zip code and compare that to vaccination rates in each zip code. More educated zip codes have higher vaccination rates. What is so hard to understand about that?
And did you actually do that? Look up the figures on 42,000 (approx) zip codes, the income and education levels and vax rates?
Are you a programmer by any chance?
I'll take back all that I said if you did since you said it's so easy.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:42 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
We heard that asymptomatic or mild cases can develop heart/lung issues 8 or 9 months down the road, but that information has been silenced all of a sudden, we are only hearing most of serious illness/hospitalizations are the unvaccinated. Will the mild case vaccinated be admitted to hospitals around Sept/Oct from the January vaccines from heart/lung issues?
Really ? And just who has this crystal ball that is predicting the future for a virus and vaccine that has never been used before and has no history ?

Think about that for a moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies