Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 09:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easternman View Post
Where do I have to self report? My wife had Covid in September, she has the official paperwork and she is in the system. I also had to go into quarantine with her since we leave in the same household. I have the official negative antibody tests both from last year and a fresh one.

I'm sure there are countless examples like mine in every country. It's a well-known phenomenon.

Wouldn't it be the health officials duty to set up a research center and do studies on us? I'm sure many would contribute without giving it a second thought. Wouldn't it be beneficial for humanity to know at least some of the major contributing factors of being unable to catch Covid? What if it's such a simple thing as a robust amount of Vit-D level like in my personal case? If it turns out that things like this can prevent the illness, we could head out of this pandemic much faster.

Most importantly, what if the unfortunate event occurs that vaccines turn out to be useless for another future variant with another mysterious greek letter? What weapon will we have against it?

The question still persists: what is the reason that the medical establishment refuses to research the factors that make some us (with clear traceable proof) immune to Covid-19?
Plenty of international studies have concluded blood type and Vitamin D are not major factors of immunity.

Immunity acquired from a prior infection has been substantially studied with no scientific consensus. 8 months seems to be the maximum durability of immunity. All bets are off when it comes to dominate variants, like delta.

This has not prevented businesses from driving traffic to their sponsors who sell vitamins and mineral supplements with fake news claims, from doing so.

Alex Jones and Jim Bakker were among the early opportunists who were doing so. State AGs sued to get them to cut the crap.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:48 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't think any perfect choice exists. You get the vaccine you might have side effects. You don't get the vaccine you might get sick from covid. Only way to avoid all of this is be a hermit up in a cabin all alone until its over. But who would want to do that.

So everyone just rolls the dice one way or another. With Delta I am glad I am vaccinated. With Lambda if that hits hard I might regret it. Assuming Lambda can evade the vaccine. And the one after that if there is one? Who knows. I might start looking for that cabin at that point.
If it gets to that point, a lot of people will be looking for cabins.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:56 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,751,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Really ? And just who has this crystal ball that is predicting the future for a virus and vaccine that has never been used before and has no history ?

Think about that for a moment.
from CDC Website

:Types of Post-COVID Conditions
New or Ongoing Symptoms
Some people are experiencing a range of new or ongoing symptoms that can last weeks or months after first being infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. Unlike some of the other types of post-COVID conditions that only tend to occur in people who have had severe illness, these symptoms can happen to anyone who has had COVID-19, even if the illness was mild, or if they had no initial symptoms. People commonly report experiencing different combinations of the following symptoms:

Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
Tiredness or fatigue
Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental activities
Difficulty thinking or concentrating (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
Cough
Chest or stomach pain
Headache
Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
Joint or muscle pain
Pins-and-needles feeling
Diarrhea
Sleep problems
Fever
Dizziness on standing (lightheadedness)
Rash
Mood changes
Change in smell or taste
Changes in period cycles

My point is we are being told most of the vaccinated will require no hospitalization, but even if they get asymptomatic or mild symptoms they might still be hospital bound down the road if they get covid. The threat of vaccinated hospitalizations is not what the CDC/media is emphasizing right now to get everyone vaccinated.

Last edited by wp169; 07-31-2021 at 10:06 AM..

Old 07-31-2021, 09:58 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
from CDC Website

:Types of Post-COVID Conditions
New or Ongoing Symptoms
Some people are experiencing a range of new or ongoing symptoms that can last weeks or months after first being infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. Unlike some of the other types of post-COVID conditions that only tend to occur in people who have had severe illness, these symptoms can happen to anyone who has had COVID-19, even if the illness was mild, or if they had no initial symptoms. People commonly report experiencing different combinations of the following symptoms:

Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
Tiredness or fatigue
Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental activities
Difficulty thinking or concentrating (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
Cough
Chest or stomach pain
Headache
Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
Joint or muscle pain
Pins-and-needles feeling
Diarrhea
Sleep problems
Fever
Dizziness on standing (lightheadedness)
Rash
Mood changes
Change in smell or taste
Changes in period cycles
Most /all of those can be experienced in someone that never even heard the word Covid.
Was that supposed to scare us?

Old 07-31-2021, 09:59 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
If it gets to that point, a lot of people will be looking for cabins.
This is why in my rural AZ town we have a home buying/building boom. Plenty of Californians with the means and now desire to flee their higher Covid 19 risk/mandate areas.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
My doctor completely poo poos me every time I bring it up. She strongly believes that everyone who gets covid IS GOING TO DIE... and if you haven't gotten it yet it is just dumb luck. For political and professional reasons she would not take me seriously at all. Even now there are many people trying to prove that "O" blood type will not protect you.

I no longer believe most health officials want to protect people from Covid. They just want you to do what they say. Period.

They are like invasion of the body snatchers.

I remember seeing someplace early on that something like 40% of the population is naturally immune to covid because of prior infections with another corona virus.

My question:

- if 50% of the country has covid 19 antibodies (and the CDC says that based on blood donor studies)
- If 50% of the country is fully vaccinated
- if 40% are naturally immune.

Why do we continue to have 100K cases? I am starting to wonder if the testing is inaccurate.
Your doctor claims everyone who gets Covid dies?

Either this doctor is whacked or you misunderstood.

Nothing factual supports most, let alone all, who test positive die. It’s always been the opposite.

Having said this, there is a huge gap of experiences between being asymptomatic/ pre- symptomatic and death.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:01 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And guess what?
I looked at the survey and there was NO question as to whether or not the respondent did or did not take the shot or did or did not have Covid..
They know to what extent a zip code is vaccinated.

You gave them that info when you got a shot.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:03 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Yes, we could see that with the legions of people taking vaccine selfies and proudly declaring they got their "Fauci Ouchie" (Ewww...) Many have lost their ability to be objective especially where Fauci is concerned. It's evolved into this bizarre sort of fandom around him. (we know "fan" is short for fanatic )

Fauci has become quite the celebrity and he likes it that way. You can see how he reacts when anyone disagrees with him. I'm waiting for the inevitable celeb "do you know who I am?!?!?". Oh wait, he basically said that already with his "if you attack me you attack science" statement. Sheesh, get over yourself.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:05 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
My point is we are being told most of the vaccinated will require no hospitalization, but even if they get asymptomatic or mild symptoms, they might still be hospital bound down the road if they get covid.
Well that doesn't seem to be the case in other countries.
I guess the US must be special. So special that the CDC is not releasing any data on those hospitalized.
They just keep telling us the people that die are unvaccinated.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You might not be making it up, but your sources of information are misleading.

Colds do not prevent Covid 19 in a broad enough sense. If it were that simple the world wouldn't have had the Pandemic in the first place. As there are so many cold viruses out in the world, it is possible that some may have some immune cross reactivity with the Covid 19 virus. But the effect is certainly not significant enough in the USA. Early on it was suspected in other countries, but that idea is fading as the Covid 19 virus has mutated.

Covid 19 does tend to reduce the incidence of common colds and flu due to Pandemic protocols.
A record number of people chose to get the seasonal flu shot in the 2020-1 flu season. Some obviously did so to avoid the risks of complications with Covid.

The Covid protocols and state/ county/local government restrictions played a huge role in what was a very mild flu season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies