Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 02:22 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
We're moving into the phase of the pandemic where it is dawning on people that this won't go away. It was a fantasy that 'if we all just masked we could end this' or if we 'locked down until the vaccine came we could end it.' We can't. Even scientists are admitting how we've over-estimated our ability to control this.

Many people did hunker down for a long time--my family included. People didn't have funerals, let relatives die alone in hospitals, closed their businesses...that can only go on for so long. People aren't morons for not distancing. They are just being people.

But if Covid is going to be with us for a few more years, maybe forever in some form, you can't vilify people for trying to live. What does living with Covid mean? We should be trying to figure that out rather than chasing fantasies or scapegoating the 'unvaccinated.'
Absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I agree........like I said we should just let it rip and then the unvaccinated and the vaccinated who are engaging in risky behavior can just be people and learn the hard way.
Or most can just have their little annoying 3-day, kind of like a cold with losing smell, minor illness and get about living. It is not going to be hard at all for most people. It’s like the flu. People die every year from the flu. People get hospitalized every year from the flu, I did a couple of years ago. However, for most that get it it’s an annoyance. The numbers are so high because it’s a “novel” virus. Once the “novel” part is over it will probably have the same public health impact as the flu, or at worst the Epstein-Barr virus.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:35 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I find nothing new to support the goal of giving patients Vit D to lower their risk of hospitalization and death with Covid 19.

I would appreciate your sources that say different.
This is quite outrageous that we keep having to go around this same misleading circle with you again and again.

Nobody of note is suggesting that Vitamin D has any direct effect on this virus. Your attempt to misrepresent the role of Vitamin D in this process is disturbing. What Vitamin D is critical for is as a nutrient that the effective functioning of our immunity system depends on to operate effectively - as you know very well.

If someone is severely Vitamin D deficient, their immunity system can be expected to be weakened by that deficiency. People who are healthy and who have healthy and fully functional immunity systems have the built in capacity to fight back against this virus, and in a huge number of cases, reducing the symptoms to be insignificant to basically non-existent.

And then add to that the people who were naturally immune to this virus even before this all started at the end of 2019. That is also a function of and it is dependent on having a reasonably healthy immunity system. It is really remarkable how reluctant and avoidant you and the rest of your cabal are about discussing the critically important role of our individual immunity systems and the centrally important concept of natural immunity as it relates to the establishment of herd immunity towards this or for that matter any other virus.

Having natural immunity is better than getting this short-term "vaccine," and you do not need, nor should you get both. To the extent anyone here tries to represent this "vaccine" as providing a better quality of immunity than natural immunity, that person either 1) does not know what they are talking about, or 2) they are lying straight through their proverbial teeth. That is true regardless of how many PhDs or MDs a person holds. And I respect you enough to know and correctly observe that 1) is not an option that is applicable to you.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:35 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Two months to become fully vaccinated? For the people rushing to get vaxxed because of Delta, it's surge is likely to be over before you are protected. J&J is two weeks from a single jab. It would seem to have an advantage there.
That's the problem (my bold of your text), specifically for Delta. The UK spread out its shots last winter to the extent believed possible - initially to 12 weeks - to ration scarce vaccine. A pleasant surprise was that the disappointing 2-shot efficacy for AstraZeneca soared.

For Pfizer, one-shot was less effective than two in the interim but the difference wasn't that significant for for wild covid/B.117. So those only partially vaccinated waited it out, and public health restrictions remained in place. THEN along came Delta.

One shot efficacy plunged. The UK shortened the interval where possible, particularly for older people. What that may mean is that if the virus is in wide circulation and people can't wait - then two shots. For possibly more durable protection then that much later booster.

Bourla (Pfizer) seems to imply a later booster could result in an exponential impact on efficacy. Even if the first go-around had shots spaced too closely ... with a waning immunity ... that doesn't necessarily translate into vaccines every six-months. Of course the virus has a vote.

These are the types of questions that never had the opportunity to get trialed prior to the EUA due to pressure from the virus.

J&J isn't well-studied, with now conflicting data. There are on-going studies about combining mRNA vaccines and vector vaccines. Accessing different-acting immunities - that include natural infection to even an earlier variant - may be beneficial.

Last edited by EveryLady; 07-31-2021 at 02:54 PM..

Old 07-31-2021, 02:43 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
See the attached photo.

These two should be fired. Vaccinations should be mandatory at all hospitals. No Jab, No Job.
If you work in the healthcare sciences, you implement and follow the science. You don't get to pick and choose which part of the science you do based on your "feelings."
Nurses have a professional obligation to protect their patients from infection. If they can't fulfill that basic requirement, they are in the wrong profession.

Coronavirus News/Updates  MERGED-idiot-nurses.jpg

Old 07-31-2021, 02:43 PM

2,047 posts, read 857,616 times
If you are not obese, in relatively decent health, AND your vitamin D levels are either normal or slightly elevated, YOU WILL BARELY KNOW YOU CAUGHT IT! There is definitely something with a direct correlation with having adequate vitamin D in your body. Everything they discuss is all oriented towards you getting that vaccine. They won’t discuss any other outlining factors and it’s driving me crazy. There are several of them. There are several different options that people have.

You hear all over the news every five minutes how 98% of the people hospitalized with Covid right now are unvaccinated. Well how come they don’t tell you the exact same statistic about vitamin D? And it’s been known since almost the beginning days of this pandemic. Only 2% of those requiring hospitalization had adequate vitamin D levels. Think about that for a minute. And of that 2% required hospitalization most of those people had other extreme health issues so even a common cold would’ve landed then in the hospital.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:44 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am saying the numbers show this to be the case. I don't need to opine. Educated people tend to make better decisions in life. They make more money, have more things and have a better life. Sure there are exceptions to everything but lots of jobs require a college degree like working at car rental agencies. Why? Is it not a fairly easy job that most people can grasp? I was a manager at a pharmacy chain out of college. I had no special training for working there but they wanted people who at least had the ability to complete college.

So yes the data shows a lack of education and vaccine hesitancy go together. Sorry that touches a nerve. Sometimes the truth hurts.
You are conflating things such as "making better decisions in life" and "making more money" with making the better, more informed assessments with the vaccine. Do not mix these things. I've made it clear that I've been around people whose credentials put them at the very top of U.S. society in terms of academic achievement, but that does not make them reasonable and it surely does not prevent them from gullibility.

A lot of college-educated people have taken this vaccine and many are paying for it, unfortunately with their lives in some cases. Funny how you ignore this and evidence show in these threads about vaccine injuries.

And again:

Tons of educated people have fallen for the lie that Covid-19 was "ten times worse than the flu" as per Fauci when Fauci co-authored an article in The New England Journal of Medicine which said that "... This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively."

College-educated, yes, and they fell for it.

There are PLENTY of extremely educated people, including doctors and scientists, whose views are what feed mine on the "pandemic" and on these experimental treatments. Look up the Great Barrington Declaration - it wasn't written by illiterate people who are both stupid and lack degrees. Look up Dr. Robert Malone - he CREATED mRNA technology and he's been giving warnings about these experimental treatments. Is he uneducated?

Do you want a survey from a U.S.-based group of doctors who said that they refuse to get the experimental treatment because of adverse effects? Are these doctors uneducated and stupid and clueless? If you're open to it, I will GLADLY present it here.

Are you MORE educated than the scientists who wrote the Great Barrington Declaration? I mean, do you even know about it? Do you know what it says? And are you more educated than the very scientist who created the mRNA technology used in the experimental vaccines? What do you know that YOUR education gave you that Dr. Robert Malone doesn't know?

Old 07-31-2021, 02:46 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
See the attached photo.

These two should be fired. Vaccinations should be mandatory at all hospitals. No Jab, No Job.
If you work in the healthcare sciences, you implement and follow the science. You don't get to pick and choose which part of the science you do based on your "feelings."
Nurses have a professional obligation to protect their patients from infection. If they can't fulfill that basic requirement, they are in the wrong profession.

Attachment 230961

I’m far more appalled by your sentiment.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:48 PM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post

J&J isn't well-studied, with now conflicting data. There are on-going studies about combining mRNA vaccines and vector vaccines. Combining different-acting immunities - that include natural infection to even an earlier variant - may be beneficial.
Because the push is mRNA no matter what shot you had...mRNA.
The flu vaccine is now mRNA and in trial. Don't know if it will be ready for fall.
The combo flu/covid mRNA is also in trial.

J&J has no place in this new mRNA world.

Old 07-31-2021, 03:00 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You are conflating things such as "making better decisions in life" and "making more money" with making the better, more informed assessments with the vaccine. Do not mix these things. I've made it clear that I've been around people whose credentials put them at the very top of U.S. society in terms of academic achievement, but that does not make them reasonable and it surely does not prevent them from gullibility.

A lot of college-educated people have taken this vaccine and many are paying for it, unfortunately with their lives in some cases. Funny how you ignore this and evidence show in these threads about vaccine injuries.

And again:

Tons of educated people have fallen for the lie that Covid-19 was "ten times worse than the flu" as per Fauci when Fauci co-authored an article in The New England Journal of Medicine which said that "... This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively."

College-educated, yes, and they fell for it.

There are PLENTY of extremely educated people, including doctors and scientists, whose views are what feed mine on the "pandemic" and on these experimental treatments. Look up the Great Barrington Declaration - it wasn't written by illiterate people who are both stupid and lack degrees. Look up Dr. Robert Malone - he CREATED mRNA technology and he's been giving warnings about these experimental treatments. Is he uneducated?

Do you want a survey from a U.S.-based group of doctors who said that they refuse to get the experimental treatment because of adverse effects? Are these doctors uneducated and stupid and clueless? If you're open to it, I will GLADLY present it here.

Are you MORE educated than the scientists who wrote the Great Barrington Declaration? I mean, do you even know about it? Do you know what it says? And are you more educated than the very scientist who created the mRNA technology used in the experimental vaccines? What do you know that YOUR education gave you that Dr. Robert Malone doesn't know?
The Pandemic has been on the order of about 10X as lethal as Influenza.
Hundreds of thousands of US deaths vs tens of thousands.

Old 07-31-2021, 03:02 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because the push is mRNA no matter what shot you had...mRNA.
The flu vaccine is now mRNA and in trial. Don't know if it will be ready for fall.
The combo flu/covid mRNA is also in trial.

J&J has no place in this new mRNA world.
Most likely correct. The mRNA's can be the simplest of vaccines. If effective, simple is better with fewer chance of side effects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies