Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2021, 09:10 AM

43,253 posts, read 18,385,032 times

Advertisements

Yesterday the CDC changed their story...breakthrough cases "are to be expected" and they used Miss Cleo's crystal ball to go on to predict "tens of thousands" of cases.
I posted the link from CNN with direct quote from the CDC.

Recovered covid people have immunity 1 year later.
Vaccinated people are losing immunity after 6 months (Pfizer/Moderna).

We don't know much about the numbers of breakthroughs because vaccinated people don't need to be tested and vaccinated people who catch covid aren't counted unless they get hospitalized/die.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:13 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,121,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Sorry not buying the whole conspiracy thing. No proof of that and just piecing together a bunch of unrelated things trying to prove a conspiracy is not of any value. Anyone can do that. And you have figured this out but all the other countries in the world, many who would love to make us look bad and blame us for the pandemic with China and all can't figure out what you have. Or they have and they are all quiet not saying anything. That is a bridge too far.

Did it come from China? Of course like a lot of pandemics have. Was Italy one of the first places it spread? Yes, fashion week was going on. If China wanted to guarantee it spread here quickly before any attempt by Trump or anyone to stop Chinese travel they could have easily done that. Plus Trump let all the American citizens come back from China without quarantine and that quickly spread the virus everywhere. Quicker than if he did not shut off travel from China. Same when we shut down travel from Europe. The airports were flooded with infected Americans coming back from Europe. No quarantine necessary. Soon we had more cases than any other country in the world. We still do. And we have the most deaths. Now under Biden's lack of leadership we lead the world again. Different POTUS same mess.
It will take some time but you are a smart person & I think you will realize it eventually. We probably came into understanding this pandemic from different perspectives based on our life experiences in the past. A lot of people were "shocked" when it started. I was not. I had been waiting for it since around 2016.

When did you first become aware of it & from where? How long have you known about GAVI? Do you know what the Pirbright Institute is? CAPS? Quay's Bayesian Analysis?

Most people my age have only "known" Fauci since January 2020 & think they watched him "try his best for us" at the start of this. Based on what happened in my family in the 1990s; I knew Fauci as someone who would absolutely not do his best & who's every move was suspect.

Maybe you were indifferent to the topic of vaccines before this started, many people were. Not many people have spent days upon days pouring through archived, 900+ page data sets on infectious disease mortality from the 1900's-2010's like I have, long before covid was ever heard of. I don't know many people who know who Dr. Bernice Eddy was, why there was a ban on Rhesus monkey kidney cells in vaccines in the 1960's or who Dr. Michelle Carbone is. A lot of people think the barrage of Mesothelioma attorney ads in the 2000's were coincidental with asbestos in Navy Shipyards; I know differently. Almost nobody else that I know of, has spent months logging in to over 11,000 pages of archived documents from the Big Tobacco trials.

I could go on & on. We came into this from different directions. Sometimes I forget what life was like before I buried my daughter after a vaccine killed her. I forget that nobody else struggled with cognitive dissonance while spending these years reading PubMed like a never-ending novel. Not many posters on CD wake up with their 6 foot 5, 270 lb vaccine injured child curled up next to them. How many posters here have been in a fight for their lives at least once a day, when a 17 year old boy's testosterone floods a chronically inflamed brain? That would be me.

No, I can't expect anybody else to see this pandemic the way that I do. But you in particular ... You are not just smart; you are smarter than most. It's not a matter of "If" you will understand, it's a matter of "when" you will understand. You will just have to arrive at that from a completely different direction than I have.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:21 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,792,078 times
Anti-Vaxxer Solicitor Dies Of COVID-19 9 Days After Posting That It Is “Nothing To Be Afraid Of”

https://vinnews.com/2021/08/06/anti-...-be-afraid-of/

Old 08-07-2021, 10:46 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Well I just came back from vacation only to within 2 days develop a bad cold that turned out not to be covid. I vaccinated in mid-January (first shot) and I'm over age 60 so waning antibodies could be happening.

Still I wasn't in the least concerned I might become very ill fully expecting residual impact from the vaccination to aid my good health immunities should this be covid. And for that good health immunity supplemented by echinacea to take over should this be a cold.

Best of all other than being bored from having to stay home, I was stress-free that I would end up with a covid-case-gone-bad had I tested positive.
Good news!

Old 08-07-2021, 10:58 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,388,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think the big green smiley was them saying they were being sarcastic
Ha Ha!
I also want to say how sorry I am for what you're going through. I wish you well.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:07 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,588,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It will take some time but you are a smart person & I think you will realize it eventually. We probably came into understanding this pandemic from different perspectives based on our life experiences in the past. A lot of people were "shocked" when it started. I was not. I had been waiting for it since around 2016.

When did you first become aware of it & from where? How long have you known about GAVI? Do you know what the Pirbright Institute is? CAPS? Quay's Bayesian Analysis?

Most people my age have only "known" Fauci since January 2020 & think they watched him "try his best for us" at the start of this. Based on what happened in my family in the 1990s; I knew Fauci as someone who would absolutely not do his best & who's every move was suspect.

Maybe you were indifferent to the topic of vaccines before this started, many people were. Not many people have spent days upon days pouring through archived, 900+ page data sets on infectious disease mortality from the 1900's-2010's like I have, long before covid was ever heard of. I don't know many people who know who Dr. Bernice Eddy was, why there was a ban on Rhesus monkey kidney cells in vaccines in the 1960's or who Dr. Michelle Carbone is. A lot of people think the barrage of Mesothelioma attorney ads in the 2000's were coincidental with asbestos in Navy Shipyards; I know differently. Almost nobody else that I know of, has spent months logging in to over 11,000 pages of archived documents from the Big Tobacco trials.

I could go on & on. We came into this from different directions. Sometimes I forget what life was like before I buried my daughter after a vaccine killed her. I forget that nobody else struggled with cognitive dissonance while spending these years reading PubMed like a never-ending novel. Not many posters on CD wake up with their 6 foot 5, 270 lb vaccine injured child curled up next to them. How many posters here have been in a fight for their lives at least once a day, when a 17 year old boy's testosterone floods a chronically inflamed brain? That would be me.

No, I can't expect anybody else to see this pandemic the way that I do. But you in particular ... You are not just smart; you are smarter than most. It's not a matter of "If" you will understand, it's a matter of "when" you will understand. You will just have to arrive at that from a completely different direction than I have.

Thank you for this post, You have posted bits and pieces of your life experiences and I always find it remarkable. And like with all the others there is something new I learn. This time it's Quay's Bayesian analysis of Covid19. Fascinating. Here's a link with a fairly easy to read explanation for those interested.
Quay’s Bayesian Analysis of the Lab Origin of Covid-19 By Brian Simpson (alor.org)

Bonus points for introducing me to the 90% lethal Nipah virus which is/was also being studied at the Wuhan lab.

Last edited by clutchcargo777; 08-07-2021 at 11:27 AM..

Old 08-07-2021, 11:20 AM

30,205 posts, read 11,859,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

Interesting. Well I am not going to claim to have done or understand the research you apparently have done. Nor have I walked in your shoes. Although I tend to be a skeptic about many subjects I also try to keep an open mind that my conclusions may be incorrect. The whole UFO thing would be where it seems be something there that previously I was positive was not real.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:46 AM

30,205 posts, read 11,859,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Thank you for this post, You have posted bits and pieces of your life experiences and I always find it remarkable. And like with all the others there is something new I learn. This time it's Quay's Bayesian analysis of Covid19. Fascinating. Here's a link with a fairly easy to read explanation for those interested.
Quay’s Bayesian Analysis of the Lab Origin of Covid-19 By Brian Simpson (alor.org)

Bonus points for introducing me to the 90% lethal Nipah virus which is/was also being studied at the Wuhan lab.

I read the above link. Very interesting. I have seen even in mainstream news stories that not finding the host is a problem with saying came from nature. But I am going to dig into it further and see what others say on that.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:16 PM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Yup, get the vaccine so you won't get COVID and infect the vaccinated people.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:23 PM

39,266 posts, read 27,666,911 times
Let's face it, we just need to learn to coexist with this damn virus. This virus will never disappear. It's obvious everyone is spreading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies