Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 06:47 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,462,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think many parents will also stay at home.

From what I have observed, grandparents taking care of kids is not really common in Europe.
Perhaps, but several interviews I've seen with parents they said grandma would be watching the kids.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:48 PM

18,491 posts, read 15,300,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Link?
You give me a link for your claim that Trump called the coronavirus a hoax, I got it from the same site.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That’s wild.

I did not see/ hear this. Do you have a link?
You seem to be somewhat reasonable. Did you see/hear Trump call the coronavirus a hoax? Why not question the poster who claimed that?

Old 03-12-2020, 06:50 PM

48,581 posts, read 34,994,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You give me a link for your claim that Trump called the coronavirus a hoax, I got it from the same site.
Ah, well we've ALL seen where Trump called the coronavirus a Dem hoax.

But I googled Biden and Greenland, and nada.

Henceforth, I pay no attention to your posts.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-12-2020, 06:52 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,950,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You seem to be somewhat reasonable. Did you see/hear Trump call the coronavirus a hoax? Why not question the poster who claimed that?

Are you trying to catch me here? That Trump called it a hoax 20 times, but then later clarified that when he stated HOAX he meant the Dems blowing it out of proportion? Either way, he was wrong, right?

He stated the media response was a dem hoax, that it was nothing and would be over soon, that some people even went to work with it, and then he went golfing. True story. Tough job you've got defending that.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:52 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,842,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Guy was most likely just lying. Trump supporters apparently think that is an acceptable way to debate. I have NO idea where they could be getting it from....

Old 03-12-2020, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

You are a moderator. You know very well he never called it a Dem hoax. He called the democratic reaction to his handling of the virus, a hoax.

To say that he called the coronavirus a hoax is every bit as truthful as me saying Biden thought the virus is from Greenland.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:58 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,842,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsltrk View Post
What many other nations?

Korea, with a land area 100x smaller than the USA? What country with similar demographics to the US has 'figured it out'?

This desperate attempt to pin 100% fault on the US gov't is pathetic.
We aren't talking per capita. Why has South korea, a country much smaller than the US, tested orders of magnitude more total people than the larger nation? Why does a much smaller country continue to have a much higher testing throughput?

Because they prepared.

If we were running MORE total tests but could not keep up per capita, you would have a point.

But we aren't, and you don't.

Old 03-12-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Are you trying to catch me here? That Trump called it a hoax 20 times, but then later clarified that when he stated HOAX he meant the Dems blowing it out of proportion? Either way, he was wrong, right?

He stated the media response was a dem hoax, that it was nothing and would be over soon, that some people even went to work with it, and then he went golfing. True story. Tough job you've got defending that.
He only needed to clarify for dimwits. Anyone with an IQ over 80 did not need clarification. He was very very clear. Please show me which part of his entire quote confused you.

“Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.” —snopes

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...-rally-remark/

Old 03-12-2020, 07:01 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,837,389 times
Quote:
Why is this so hard for them to understand? When he was claiming it was a hoax he SHOULD have been prepping for the inevitable. Now we are all left to deal with his utter incompetence.
Trump did not claim the virus was a hoax. He claimed the criticism of his Admin was a Democrat hoax.

Until the markets reacted, Trump continuously downplayed the virus and that the restriction on Chinese tourism was effective mitigation.

We saw in the first press conference of the newly formed task for how each speaker felt obligated to praise the leadership of Trump before communicating anything of importance. It was bizarre.

So while the Admin played another round of Emperor’s New Clothes.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies