Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 07:29 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,599,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsltrk View Post
This is exactly what I'm talking about. These leftists twist and distort; any iota of Trump's speech will be used to deny, deflect or disdain the administration's handling of this disease.

Yet, yet, yet, we only have to go back a few weeks to find many on CD calling it a hoax, saying it's like a cold/the Flu, and all the hype/attention is not warranted.

Virtually every G20 country has taken this issue very seriously (see Angela Merkel's speech) whereas our own POTUS has consistently downplayed the seriousness of what we are facing.

To all the Trump apologists would any of you be of the same opinion if these any of these actions were undertake by the last guy who was president ? (rhetorical question because we all already know the answer to that one).

Old 03-12-2020, 07:30 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,833,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This is it, folks. We may be quickly approaching the "crisis point," when crap really starts to hit the fan as this thing accelerates into another gear.

Ohio health officials estimate 100,000 people in the state may have coronavirus.
Bless the people in Ohio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Easy, you go back in time two months ago and start stockpiling tests and increasing infrastructure like we FAILED to do.

You build out the needed resources BEFORE you need them
Exactly moving forward we need to accelerate the testing and if the current testing kits aren't suitable enough to test thousands.... then we need to use the ones from Germany. I'm so darn tired of the CDC making excuses. Frankly the Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo is doing a better job handling this crisis than our president.

I shared this video in the closed thread but its interesting how the FDA isn't really in a hurry to get this approved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtY1GVfaK9I

Why is the FDA holding this up???

1,439 posts, read 783,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What nonsense. As soon as the FDA got themselves out of the way for profit Quest Labs has upped the test capacity by over 20000 a day.
Are they making it available for free?

63,919 posts, read 46,903,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I stand corrected. I feel like arguing is useless. Instead, I should be using the same tactics that people on the left use. That is what I was doing here. I will continue to do it, because it seems like a much more effective way of getting to the truth, than just arguing with the other person.
Thank you.

Why take sides, left right? Focus on facts.

This damn virus sure does not care about left or right.

6,913 posts, read 3,421,012 times
Quote:
I wish this weren't true...but never underestimate how truly deranged the Republican party is.

We are literally in the middle of a national emergency...and the GOP is worried about abortions.

https://twitter.com/elwasson/status/1238133144173281280
Not true - that is a tweet from a hard core Dem trying to pressure GOP, the abortion bill is a separate bill. The reported sticking point is Dem insistence of making some of the assistance permanent.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:33 PM

48,641 posts, read 35,125,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He wasn’t even saying they were blowing it out of proportion. He was saying their criticism of his handling of it was out of proportion. That is what the “hoax” was. He was saying that they are politicizing the virus as a weapon against his administration. Whether you agree with him on that or not, is besides the point. He clearly wasn’t calling the virus a hoax. In fact, in the same speech, he called the virus a serious threat.

While I do agree with him stopping people who had recently been to China.... the rest of his responses are subject to a LOT of criticism. Rightful criticism.

Almost literally, the majority of the world is criticizing him. Not for the travel bans in whole (which I think are fine), with his whole downplaying of this, with his whole communication style of "word salad" where no can quite make out exactly what he means (I believe he does this on purpose to not be accountable), to his CONSTANT erroneous statements.

The WHO, world leaders, the stock market.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-12-2020, 07:34 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,847,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Bless the people in Ohio.

Exactly moving forward we need to accelerate the testing and if the current testing kits aren't suitable enough to test thousands.... then we need to use the ones from Germany. I'm so darn tired of the CDC making excuses. Frankly the Governor of New York Andrew is doing a better job handling this crisis than our president.

I shared this video in the closed thread but its interesting how the FDA isn't really in a hurry to get this approved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtY1GVfaK9I

Why is the FDA holding this up???
This is actually when executive orders come into play. If there are regulatory problems blocking say... the use of the WHO tests for example, it would be absolutely appropriate to bypass those regulations via executive order to bridge the gap.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:36 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,904,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
And it turned out that their criticism of him wasn’t out of proportion either. He spent weeks tweeting favorable comparisons to the seasonal flu and went on tv and told Americans we had 11 cases and that it would magically disappear by April. And that isn’t even getting into the issue of rejecting the WHO tests, setting us weeks behind.
Trump said again today that the testing was going smoothly. Either he doesn't know what he's talking about or he is outright lying. I usually assume the latter but this time I'm not sure. He had a "deer in the headlights" look in his eyes. He doesn't look well at all.

I feel like there is no leadership at the top; no one steering the ship. Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the Republicans are wasting valuable time trying to insert abortion language into an emergency bill, and in the meantime we are quickly losing our window of opportunity to flatten the curve and keep this manageable. If we don't act soon, we are going to end up like Italy.

And still no real testing to speak of...

Old 03-12-2020, 07:39 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,903,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Are they making it available for free?
Public and private insurance will cover it 100%. No copays. It has been deemed an Essential Benefit under the ACA model.

I DK about the uninsured.

Old 03-12-2020, 07:43 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,953,625 times
Quote:
Oh man, I hope this goes viral.

#exposedonny

https://twitter.com/emilynussbaum/st...24377944117248

And now we know why the high level Corona Virus meetings have been deemed classified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies