Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2020, 10:44 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It certainly pisses me off that Trump has made light of COVID-19, but I'm a lot more pissed at the Chinese than anyone else. This pandemic was 100% their fault, and because they treat their citizens as cheap slave labor, they've taken over the manufacture of absolutely everything. So now we're SOL for medical supplies that only China makes anymore. Medical supplies that are needed to deal with the stupid Kung Flu those bastards started in the first place. Yes, we were the idiots who let it happen. I voted for Barack Obama once because I thought he'd actually do something about that and John McCain had no intention of fixing it. Obama didn't do a damn thing about it. And now the USA -- the country that stopped making stuff for ourselves -- gets to hunker down and wait this thing out. But don't expect China to send N95 masks or any other medical supplies our way. They'll keep those for themselves, thank you very much. Better fire up some factories post haste and hope we can remember how to make stuff for ourselves.

How many of us will die because of all the outsourced manufacturing? When you don't actually make anything, you become powerless. All it takes is a catastrophe that forces you to do everything for yourself to force you to realize how screwed you really are.
Yes.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:46 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The British Health Minister has tested positive.
It is not reassuring when people who are supposed to know about public health become infected by a virus from the public.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:52 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
One silver lining may be we'll come out on the other side of this realizing how much independence we've lost.
And we'll realize what a bunch of evil bastards the Chinese government really is.

Granted, many of us already know all about it. It's one of the great tragedies of human history. 1.4 billion people are trapped under the thumb of some of the most evil and sadistic *******s the world has ever seen. They're also first rate organ donors for some reason.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:54 PM

21,483 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Get off it. The human race is ripe for viruses like this. Look at H1N1 and HIV. And I guarantee you there will be more and they probably will not come from China. This is not China's fault it is part of the territory of being a biological organism in a world that is chock full of hungry pathogens and a finely tuned evolutionary system that will help them make the zoonotic jump to humans. Blaming the Chinese for the reality of evolution is asinine.
Just about all of them come from China. Even the Bubonic Plague came from China. And the first identified influenza cases.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/206309#1

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Coldan...ory?id=5677533

Can’t really blame people for viruses, though I suppose we could definitely lay the blame for this one on them for failure to regulate wet markets.

Old 03-12-2020, 10:59 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,671 times
it's funny this is playing out exactly as people predicted....

pointing fingers, xenophobia, racism, overpanic,

I look at all the coronavirus articles, and not one of them emphasizes that coronavirus is just a mild flu for most people.

No one is puking their eyeballs out, bleeding through the ears, or pooping their intestines out.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:03 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,773,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Just about all of them come from China. Even the Bubonic Plague came from China.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/206309#1

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Coldan...ory?id=5677533
The first wave of Bubonic plague came from the middle east and traveled east to Mongolia. The second wave brought it back west. But so what?

HIV came from Africa.

H1N1 came from Mexico.

Ebola is African.

Spanish flu, the biggest killer of all time has been pegged at American in origin by some (it was first ID'ed in Kansas) but realistically it is unknown.

Why do some people want to blame China? Pathogens are part of our biome. We live with them daily.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Get off it. The human race is ripe for viruses like this. Look at H1N1 and HIV. And I guarantee you there will be more and they probably will not come from China. This is not China's fault it is part of the territory of being a biological organism in a world that is chock full of hungry pathogens and a finely tuned evolutionary system that will help them make the zoonotic jump to humans. Blaming the Chinese for the reality of evolution is asinine.
China was screwing around with this virus in laboratories. It's apparently endemic in bats. The lab in question was just 30 feet away from the much maligned food market. Turns out that the laboratories can turn a quick profit selling dead lab animals to the food markets. That's one possible source. A Chinese doctor from that lab got bit by and peed on by an infected bat at that lab. That might also have been the source. But clearly, a lot of irresponsible behavior was rampant. Who puts a highly infectious bio-lab right next to a food market for heaven's sake??

Whatever the true story is, we'll probably never know. The Chinese Communist Party already buried it. They'll fabricate a new origin story that makes them sound brave and heroic soon enough. They've already started.

Anyways, the disease gets out. And then, the insane totalitarian government of China comes down hard on anyone who dares even admit that it exists. Doctors and a lot of other brave souls who were desperately trying to blow the whistle have all either disappeared or died from the Coronavirus. Those that died of the disease, by all indications, really died because no effort was made to treat or support them medically. But eventually, China's government could no longer deny it was all happening. They pulled a huge 180 degree turn and made themselves out as heroes waging war on the Coronavirus.

But no, of course we can't blame China. That would be racist or something, am I right??

Old 03-12-2020, 11:08 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Don't wait on the government to tell you what to do. Sickly and the elderly should hibernate NOW.

Old 03-12-2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
it's funny this is playing out exactly as people predicted....

pointing fingers, xenophobia, racism, overpanic,

I look at all the coronavirus articles, and not one of them emphasizes that coronavirus is just a mild flu for most people.

No one is puking their eyeballs out, bleeding through the ears, or pooping their intestines out.
Death rate is somewhere between 92 and 160 times deadlier than the flu. It's way more contagious than the flu. Can we please shut up about "just a mild flu"!!!

No, I'm not suggesting panic. I'm not suggesting hating anyone except for the obvious: The Chinese Government, without whom this disease would still only be found in bats and we'd have never heard of it.

If you wanna tell me that a deep and passionate hatred for the Chinese Communist government is racist, or xenophobic, or whatever else, then obviously you're one of those people who would call anything and everything racist or xenophobic. There are evil people in this world, and the tyrants ruling China are some of the most evil human beings ever spawned. But if you really feel that such sentiments are racist and xenophobic, might I suggest a one-way ticket to Wuhan so you can tour the city licking as many doorknobs as possible? That's sure to prove that you're not one of those evil racist Americans!! Prove your righteousness!!

Old 03-12-2020, 11:27 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, Wife of Canada’s Leader, Tests Positive for Virus

She just flew in from UK...but of course we don't ban UK

The Canadian Prime Minister is now in isolation along with his children.

Wife only had a mild fever.....but she got tested!

Last edited by pbmaise; 03-12-2020 at 11:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies