Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 10:57 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times

Advertisements

The rest of the world, i.e. outside China, accounts for more than 50% of global Corona cases as of today.

Old 03-15-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
German newspapers reporting that Trump tried to bribe German scientists to relocate their research on a cure or vaccine to the US, to develop exclusively for the US. Trump is the scum of the earth. And so is every senator who voted to acquit him.
Yes, makes you wonder what kind of -ist mindset that guy has.

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Did you think that Trump could keep the virus out of the US ?

There is no unified strategy anywhere in the world for this virus. We have not had a pandemic like this since 1918.

My friend, this is a life changing event that is affecting every single person on the face of this earth.
And we don't have a solution. We can't stop the spread. We have no vaccine yet.

People are not heeding the warning to isolate and keep your distance.

Spring break is in full force down in Miami Beach. Have you seen pictures of the crowds ?
I do not hold Trump responsible for a failure to contain the virus, despite his apparent belief and messaging he could. He and some of his key people said from the onset “ we have this under control”. I have no doubt, Trump believed it and likely still does.

Nearly 2 months elapsed between the first diagnosis in the US and the Federal Government taking any serious action. Even then.....

I feel sorry for Pence and the Task Force who seem to be doing the best they can with the hand they have been dealt, which includes Trump’s contradictory messaging.

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I will be celebrating the good fortune that has befallen we the people, if the USA is unscathed by this global public health issue and new disease that is sweeping the globe.
Obviously this would mean the US government had done a much better job of slowing the spread of the virus than most other nations, no?

What wii be your excuse for not giving Trump credit besides the fact that you just don’t like him and still have hurt feelings from the 2016 election?

Old 03-15-2020, 11:01 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
We are 69 and 72 and we go out still. My wife still goes to her classes that are still open. We wash our hands a lot and practice social distancing to the extent we understand it. If we get sick we will stay home. We have a trip to Arizona planned in April and are still going but if things get bad we will cancel it.
I can understand if you go out for a walk in the park, I don't know the nature of her classes, so I cannot comment on it.

For my state, most schools move the classes online. I think it is a great move. it is not the college students should be overly protected, it is the elderly college professors should be protected.

just my .02

Old 03-15-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Russia has full bans..no one in and no one out.

We're not doing that.
On paper maybe, but can the Russians control all the borders of their giant country? I doubt it.

Old 03-15-2020, 11:02 AM

1,065 posts, read 472,357 times
I believe in capitalism and think this is a great thing.

Also, this is not illegal in Florida. Hand Sanitizer and Clorox cleaning wipes are not essential commodities such as food, gas, water, etc.

Old 03-15-2020, 11:03 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I do not hold Trump responsible for a failure to contain the virus, despite his apparent belief and messaging he could. He and some of his key people said from the onset “ we have this under control”. I have no doubt, Trump believed it and likely still does.

Nearly 2 months elapsed between the first diagnosis in the US and the Federal Government taking any serious action. Even then.....

I feel sorry for Pence and the Task Force who seem to be doing the best they can with the hand they have been dealt, which includes Trump’s contradictory messaging.
If they don't stop travel we're gonna end up like Italy before long.
But will Americans accept that ?

I already see posts about "my rights" with regards to the Hoboken NJ curfew.

Old 03-15-2020, 11:04 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
Not ONE Democrat posting in this thread believes any meaningful number of people are infected.

Haha, so if hardly anyone is sick what exactly are you all blaming Orange Man for?

There’s no vaccine, so all this social distancing and quarantines would be happening regardless.....

Old 03-15-2020, 11:04 AM

29,827 posts, read 24,917,786 times
What's the difference between that, and going to a hospital where you will be charged $10 for an aspirin or a tylenol?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies