Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 10:03 AM

284 posts, read 78,401 times

Advertisements

New York and New York Alone is going to make the Entire United States go into trillions of Debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 10:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I agree. I watched Cuomo's public address and thought it was well done except for the part where he basically started yelling at Trump admin for more ventilators. They are both doing everything they can, and are really just the puppets in this game relaying the information to America. Globalization is the reason we don't have more ventilators. Those other countries that make them, mainly China and Korea, are now giving us the finger because they need them for their own people. It will take time for US manufacturers to re-tool to make them, and it will take time for foreign manufacturers to make more and get them on a plane/ship to the USA *IF* we can get any at all.

Petch, 30000 ventilators would require another 1500 nurses, you think that's feasible in NY? Maybe being brought in by the guard?
for 30,000 ventilators another 1500 nurses won't touch it. They will need a lot more nurses than that. I know nurses are hard workers but that nursing to patient ratio is ridiculous and certainly not safe for anyone.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:05 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I could write a book in response but just a simple example. In order to ventilate the patient, the airway must be kept clear, you should see a lot of the nurses run away when a patient needs his/her airway cleared (suctioned).

No, I don't think Cuomo addressed the ICU staff realistically.
I have no way of knowing. I know 40,000 medical professionals have volunteered to make up for the shortfall. I don't know the breakdown of who those 40,000 people are and what their credentials are. If its 40,000 ICU recently-retired ICU nurses, then they are in good shape. If its 40,000 hospital custodians, then they are not.

They (two of the doctors on the panel with Cuomo) also just said they had already reached out specifically to respiratory therapists across the county and expect to have a large increase in those people specifically. This was in response to a question from the press and they were prepared to address it. Again, this is obviously something that they have thought of and are doing their best to deal with.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:05 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Smile Andrew Cuomo For President in 2024!

He proven himself to be an exemplary no-nonsense straight talking leader who can manage a crisis deftly. I would vote for him in a New York heartbeat. Either Trump will have maxed out or Sleepy Joe Biden will be too old and tired to run a 2nd term.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:08 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I have no way of knowing. I know 40,000 medical professionals have volunteered to make up for the shortfall. I don't know the breakdown of who those 40,000 people are and what their credentials are. If its 40,000 ICU recently-retired ICU nurses, then they are in good shape. If its 40,000 hospital custodians, then they are not.

They (two of the doctors on the panel with Cuomo) also just said they had already reached out specifically to respiratory therapists across the county and expect to have a large increase in those people specifically. This was in response to a question from the press and they were prepared to address it. Again, this is obviously something that they have thought of and are doing their best to deal with.
Medical professionals can entail a lot of different job titles. hmm, I'm retired but I didn't get a call from Cuomo.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:08 AM

Hard pass. His disbanding of the Moreland Commission disqualifies him on that basis alone.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:09 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He has 6,125 mental health volunteers too !!! Can you imagine what a liberal mental health professional sitting down with a conservative would look like ? I can see them handing out bibs and a crying towel to liberals but no conservative is going to handle that well !!! There might be a struggle to see who sits on the couch !!!
Obviously someone who knows very little of the profession in mental health... and instead plays on the liberal vs conservative card.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:10 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Oh no !!! Cuomo is an expert on triage now !!!
I wonder if he is going to be giving classes on how to run and repair ventilators too !!!

This isn't Governor Cuomo is it ? Sounds like Jack of all Trades Cuomo !!!

Old 03-25-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Medical professionals can entail a lot of different job titles. hmm, I'm retired but I didn't get a call from Cuomo.
So perhaps you should volunteer.

Old 03-25-2020, 10:14 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickafro View Post
All good. trump is going to have to take the credit for BOTH. Deaths from covid AND the economy. The incompetent one had a chance to, at least minimize deaths from covid, but like everything he touches- he fumbled. THE WORLD SEES IT. trumpist cult on city data won’t be able to change facts. It’s documented. NOBODY is going to blame Gov Cuomo. It’s ALL on trump.
No matter what happens, the media will spin it against Trump. This is just a given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies