Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2020, 11:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,398,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
You said last 2 weeks.. that no one was interested in it. That ban was before jan 29th.. thats just the article date.. if the useful idiots would pay attention instead of trying to fake impeachment maybe the markets and panic wouldnt be going on right now.
Hell, on Feb 10th Trump was saying it was nothing to worry about and it would "miraculously disappear" by April.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/polit...lly/index.html

But go ahead and tell me more about how the impeachment trial hamstrung Trump from what he really wanted to do to address COVID-19. I'm fascinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2020, 12:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
Quote:
So during the time the administration should have been 100% on this virus they had to deal with an impeachment trial. I guess the media and dems don’t want that mentioned now do they? And the president still restricted travel from china during that time while getting criticized for that too. Now all these threads on here saying how bad a job he is doing protecting americans. Libs and media needs to stop this political bs before they crash our economy. But that might just be their goal..
The Federal Government employees 2 million people and tens of thousands of contractors. Only one employee was impeached and then acquitted.

Markets are global. The world is not reacting to US media. This is the cusp of a global recession.

Trump did not cause the virus. Trump can’t control the virus. Trump can’t cure the virus. And he most certainly, does not control global markets. No POTUS does.

The first confirmed case in the US occurred on 1/19, nearly 2 months ago. This was the same date the first case was diagnosed in South Korea.

Trump down played the virus and called criticism of the Admin’s lack of response a hoax. The likes of Limbaugh and Hannity blew it off as the common cold. In the meantime, South Korea got busy manufacturing tests and testing. Trump resisted testing because if you don’t test you don’t know. If you don’t know you can sustain the narrative that the virus is magically under control.

It was not until global markets reacted that Trump got real. Despite this, Trump’s messaging continued to be inconsistent with the experts on Pence’s team. This team seems to be doing the best they can with the hand they have been dealt, which includes Trump’s inconsistent messaging.

And here we are, 7+ weeks after the first US diagnosis and MDs can’t test their patients when they believe it is necessary and ERs are being overwhelmed by patients referred for testing.

The Coronavirus is an equal opportunity infector and does not distinguish politics.

Old 03-12-2020, 12:39 PM

25,459 posts, read 9,825,519 times
Quote:
Good thing President Trump was on this at end of January. And some of us have been paying attention since it started. I heard about it in December.. but media was all about impeachment.. thats all you guys heard about. Perhaps the media dropped the ball here?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...citizens-china
Do you think Trump should be lauded about his China travel ban when he has done nothing but botch the rest? I'm sorry, but Trump has never been "on" this.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:23 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,572,323 times
No need for more impeachment talk when Trump* is digging his own grave quite nicely, thank you very much.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:44 PM

46,317 posts, read 27,139,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Hell, on Feb 10th Trump was saying it was nothing to worry about and it would "miraculously disappear" by April.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/polit...lly/index.html

But go ahead and tell me more about how the impeachment trial hamstrung Trump from what he really wanted to do to address COVID-19. I'm fascinated.
Why do yo have to lie? That or you have no comprehension....which is it?

Here is what trump said, by your own link:

Quote:
21. "And by the way, the virus. They're working hard. Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer it miraculously goes away."

I guess you forgot to even read you own link.....what else is expected from you.<<<<Comment not a question.

Old 03-12-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
No need for more impeachment talk when Trump* is digging his own grave quite nicely, thank you very much.

Hahahaaaaaa.....you and your ilk failed for over 3+ years....but NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW you got him, on something, not sure what....but he is digging....LOL...

Old 03-12-2020, 04:46 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,398,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why do yo have to lie? That or you have no comprehension....which is it?

Here is what trump said, by your own link:

I guess you forgot to even read you own link.....what else is expected from you.<<<<Comment not a question.
What the hell was a lie about what I posted?!?!?!

Your own quote shows he said it would "miraculously disappear" when the weather warmed up.

Old 03-12-2020, 08:37 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,632,736 times
Quote:
So during the time the administration should have been 100% on this virus they had to deal with an impeachment trial. I guess the media and dems don’t want that mentioned now do they? And the president still restricted travel from china during that time while getting criticized for that too. Now all these threads on here saying how bad a job he is doing protecting americans. Libs and media needs to stop this political bs before they crash our economy. But that might just be their goal..
So basically you are saying Trump can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
Presidents always have to deal with multiple situations at the same time so you are making up a excuse that he couldn't focus on the Corona Virus because he was being Impeached?
Last week Trump said the virus was going away so obviously it wasn't a concern to him despite the evidence that he dismissed to the contrary.
But hey you guys are always making excuses for his incompetence so knock yourself out.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
They're too busy babysitting Biden.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What the hell was a lie about what I posted?!?!?!

Your own quote shows he said it would "miraculously disappear" when the weather warmed up.

In theory.....do you know what a theory is......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies