Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:43 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by KevK Uh, maybe I don't read you right, but are you implying that criminals can only be stupid?
I mean white-collar crime criminals are exactly like us (non-criminals).
As for the non white-collar crime criminals, only the ‘foot soldiers’ are mostly fools. The higher you climb up the criminal career ladder the smarter you have to be.
As for getting caught, I believe that most criminals know the risk they are taking. It is not as if they were totally blind when they had chosen for a criminal career. The thing is that most people cannot resist the fast track to success and crime is just like any other business.
But criminals, for some reason or other, often don't mind the risk of getting caught.
I don't think he was implying that criminals are stupid per se, but that the criminal mindset is such that perhaps they are attracted to the unpredictability of the criminal lifestyle, the chance of getting caught etc.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 01:36 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,068 times
What does this have to do with Russia? I was expecting a comparison between the treatment of prisoners in Russia and the US. I like the way Russia treats it's prisoners and hate how the US spends too much money on them. Also, if you want to end the prisoner surge than end the war on drugs and start regulating it like tobacco. Watch the numbers of gangbangers numbers rising end. and beings to decline due to no more income. It is a fact that if you made cocaine legal, a hit of it would cost less than .5Cents rather than the 20 dollars. See the difference in the two? If the government ran the drug trade(legal one btw than they could tax it up to 5 dollars a hit.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:40 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Amazing stat considering here in Charlotte our jails have a revolving door. Sooo many damn criminals that are caught have several prior arrests. Why are these people out of jail in the first place? Why are they given every chance to beat the system?????

That being said, I agree about de-criminalizing drug sales as long as its regulated by state governments. Think of the revenue it will bring in.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET You don't view the death penalty as a strong enough deterrent?
What death penalty? They get appeals for years and live a comfy life in prison.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01 View Post
legalize drugs, that will end a lot of crime.
I disagree for all the obvious reasons- but that's a different thread.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I disagree for all the obvious reasons- but that's a different thread.
It will end the gangbangers and organized crime as we know it.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:03 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
It will end the gangbangers and organized crime as we know it.
Doubtful. Those people are involved with drugs because they're criminals and they can make money that way. If you take that away, they will find some other criminal way to make money. I don't see them becoming bankers and accountants.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:11 PM

^You didn't understand. The reason they have A LOT of money is due to drugs being illegal. Drugs were legal they wouldnt have a cash crop like they do now.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:54 PM

471 posts, read 1,475,800 times
-yawn-

Well, That's good.

Perhaps we can start doing some human experiments on those in for long years? :O

Old 04-24-2008, 03:59 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
^You didn't understand. The reason they have A LOT of money is due to drugs being illegal. Drugs were legal they wouldnt have a cash crop like they do now.
If drugs were legal, you would have the same (if not more) amount of addicts running around committing crimes to pay for their habit. It would not matter to them if they are paying a dealer on the corner or the cashier at the 7-11, they will steal to get the cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies