Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 08:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
It is a right to buy a gun or health care. It is not a right to be provided with either.
You don't have a right to buy anything. That would be your liberty, with consent of the seller. However, You have every right to create it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 08:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Health care is not a human right
It’s something you pay for like your car and house
They are not rights
The concept that being a human gives you certain universal rights is a conjecture
And ignores slavery practiced world wide inc white slavery and human trafficking

Old 03-18-2020, 08:29 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
By health care, does that mean health insurance?

If a man falls down a flight of steps and breaks his neck and he has no insurance, does he not deserve health care?
Not for free

Old 03-18-2020, 08:33 PM

2,923 posts, read 978,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
And what right to health care do the elderly have under a private health care system? If you are a low income senior who can't afford the cost of your medications or even the cost of visiting a doctor in the first place, you are just plain out of luck. You want death panels? The republicans are delighted to comply.
They dont its not a right

Old 03-18-2020, 10:35 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Do you think health care should not be a "right" for all Americans?

If you come down with a contagious disease and you don't have health care, you could infect the entire nation. So I say yes, health care should be a required right of every American.
But you don’t have the right to make others pay for it.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:40 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
[quote=BentBow;57597892]So is gun ownership...

I'm not worried about anyone taking my guns. I just want government to pay for them and as many as I want.

Oh. Is that how it works?
Then why is everyone saying I need to be given healthcare?

" Healthcare Is A Human Right." It is NOT!

Old 03-19-2020, 09:45 AM

It is a right for The People to perform, or obtain their own healthcare, without government saying "only they are in control" of your health & care.
It is not a right, that healthcare be provided for you.
It is a right for you to make or obtain your own weaponry(arms), to protect life, liberty and property, from ALL forms of oppression, to maintain your happiness & freedom.
It is not a right, that weapons you want, be provided for you.

If you are someone else's Property, you can beg to get what you want.
Free People make it, or obtain it themselves.

Old 03-19-2020, 10:14 AM

1,070 posts, read 393,046 times
The 44 million people in the U.S. that don't have health insurance do so for essentially 2 reasons:

1- they simply can't $afford it

2- they prefer to risk that they won't need healthcare, probably because they're young and healthy

If you're a #2 and you get real sick you go to the Emergency Room and get care which the hospitals pay for and then they pass those costs onto eventually taxpayers.

The "Bigger Point" to HealthCare is that it costs $20K per year for insurance and is increasing. If your employer ain't paying for this then many people simply can't afford it

Old 03-19-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
The 44 million people in the U.S. that don't have health insurance do so for essentially 2 reasons:

1- they simply can't $afford it

2- they prefer to risk that they won't need healthcare, probably because they're young and healthy

If you're a #2 and you get real sick you go to the Emergency Room and get care which the hospitals pay for and then they pass those costs onto eventually taxpayers.

The "Bigger Point" to HealthCare is that it costs $20K per year for insurance and is increasing. If your employer ain't paying for this then many people simply can't afford it

Never happened in my case as a youngster, living on the edge. I always got a bill, that a payment plan was set up for.
I did not have insurance, until I got married(28 yo) The first premium I paid was $220 for my wife and I, with a $250 deduct and a $20 co-pay.
Employer? I have always been "Self-Employed"

Old 03-19-2020, 10:36 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
The only think our government owes us is security. Below in a nut shell.

Quote:
The United States government is a federal system in which the federal and state governments share power and the Constitution outlines the responsibilities of the federal government. The main function of the U.S. federal government is creating and enforcing laws to ensure order and stability within society.

Providing housing, food and health care is not the government job...The only thing the government needs to do is create incentives to help create jobs to pay for essentials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies