Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2020, 11:07 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, they didn't use it. They ate fish tank cleaner. That's not hydroxychloroquine.....clearly the fake news worked on you.

And if Trump suggested drinking water, I'm sure you'd be back here talking about people who drowned to death or died from drinking sea water.

Thank you for proving my point though.
Did they think the fish tank cleaner was hydroxychloroquine?

If you think I proved your point, then I think, again, that you should read your own posts to see just how partisan you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Despising Democrats due to how unhinged they've become over the past few years does not suggest that I'm a partisan, it suggests that I don't like the current state of Democrats.

Of course, to a partisan, if you aren't a Democrat, it means you are a Republican and vice versa.

Partisans are small minded people like that.
Despising Democrats certainly does suggest that you are partisan.

Old 04-23-2020, 11:10 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Did they think the fish tank cleaner was hydroxychloroquine?
No, they saw the word "chloroquine" on a bag marked "not safe for human consumption" and they decided to go down the hatch with it anyway.

Talking that up as if it's the president's fault is similar to suggesting that a professor teaching a class about how lithium can be prescribed to help treat certain mental conditions has blood on their hands when people decide to start swallowing batteries.

You'd have to be really, really dumb, or really, really biased to hold that view.

Old 04-23-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Despising Democrats certainly does suggest that you are partisan.
No, it doesn't. It suggests that I despise Democrats because of what they've become. It in no way suggests that I am a partisan......but of course partisans see the world as black and white. If you aren't a Democrat, you have to be a Republican. I think you just exposed yourself killer.

Old 04-23-2020, 11:14 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't. It suggests that I despise Democrats because of what they've become. It in no way suggests that I am a partisan......but of course partisans see the world as black and white. If you aren't a Democrat, you have to be a Republican. I think you just exposed yourself killer.
Hating Democrats makes you partisan. WTF do you think "partisan" means? Do you need someone to buy you a dictionary?

Old 04-23-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
No, they saw the word "chloroquine" on a bag marked "not safe for human consumption" and they decided to go down the hatch with it anyway.

Talking that up as if it's the president's fault is similar to suggesting that a professor teaching a class about how lithium can be prescribed to help treat certain mental conditions has blood on their hands when people decide to start swallowing batteries.

You'd have to be really, really dumb, or really, really biased to hold that view.
I'm not blaming the President for those people's deaths. Your hatred for Democrats is coloring your perspective. What I am asking you is whether the President of the United States should be using the authority of his office to tout, repeatedly, an unproven treatment? Given that the office enjoys a particular authority, and the treatment's efficacy is still unproven, is that how you think the authority of the office should be used?

Old 04-23-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You despise people because of their political party. THAT is partisanship.

Did I ever say you were a Republican? Nope. That's on you. Just like I never brought up the fish tank cleaner couple. YOU did.

Read over the things you have written. Because they don't show an objective, rational perspective. They show hatred and vitriol.

Old 04-23-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Hating Democrats makes you partisan. WTF do you think "partisan" means? Do you need someone to buy you a dictionary?
No....it doesn't.

Perhaps you do need a dictionary in order to alleviate your ignorance.

The word "partisan" implies support of a party, not opposition to one.

Go ahead, look it up.

See this is why I'm here, clearly there are many here who need to be educated on quite a few things and I'm trying to chip away at it little by little.

Old 04-23-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
You despise people because of their political party. THAT is partisanship.

Did I ever say you were a Republican? Nope. That's on you. Just like I never brought up the fish tank cleaner couple. YOU did.

Read over the things you have written. Because they don't show an objective, rational perspective. They show hatred and vitriol.
Okay, well it sounds like you simply are ignorant as to what the word means, which is fair enough.

I suggest you find a dictionary and educate yourself before embarrassing yourself further.

Good luck hero.

Old 04-23-2020, 11:25 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
No....it doesn't.

Perhaps you do need a dictionary in order to alleviate your ignorance.

The word "partisan" implies support of a party, not opposition to one.

Go ahead, look it up.

See this is why I'm here, clearly there are many here who need to be educated on quite a few things and I'm trying to chip away at it little by little.
If we are going to start childishly splitting definitional hairs to distract from the poster's core point that your "hatred for Democrats is coloring your perspective," being a negative partisan is still being a partisan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies