Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 11:04 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post

Among other things, Trump tweeted that "HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine." At a press conference on Friday, he said about the drugs: "It may work, it may not work. I feel good about it. That’s all it is. Just a feeling.”
It's a tense problem and conflating. Together they just have been one of the biggest changers in the history of medicine. Malaria is still killing hundreds of thousands of people a year. They're not perfect drugs but where available they have literally saved millions upon millions of lives. It doesn't mean they cure cancer.

Quote:
So now his "feelings" are determining whether or not a particular treatment is effective and advisable?
Yes, for a lot of people. An awful lot do have TDS and view him as some sort of Messiah that can personally cure COVID-19 by shaking his fist at it or mentioning an anti-malaria drug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 11:08 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Trump's messaging from day 1 has been to try to get people to not panic.....and we ran of out toilet paper anyway
Apparently, after 3 years of observing Trump in action, many people don't find him all that reassuring.

I would be one of those people. OTOH, I am not a TP panic buyer.

I'm very grateful for Fauci.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:09 AM

2,495 posts, read 867,239 times
Hardening of the heart muscle (cardiomyopathy) reported in some primary causes of death:

"“This follows the pattern of SARS in general,” he said. “This virus clearly causes a viral pneumonia” similar to the SARS outbreak in 2003 that infected 8,089 people around the world. Like that outbreak, he said, the chance of serious illness or death is significantly higher in older populations, he said. The average age of the individuals on the medical examiner’s list was 66, with the oldest being 98 and the youngest 44.

"But this new coronavirus is likely more infectious, certainly more insidious, and more lethal that the ‘03 SARS virus. That outbreak killed 774 people before being contained in about nine months. COVID-19 has infected more than 208,000 people worldwide and killed nearly 8,700 of them, and has spread into a pandemic.

"Leibowitz said one thing really jumped out at him from the King County list: the number of cases of cardiomyopathy, a hardening of the heart muscle that can be caused by a drastic immune response. Four of the 22 King County fatalities had cardiomyopathy listed as the primary cause of death.

"Similarly, an article published Thursday in the Journal of the American Medical Association detailing a review of the outcomes of 21 COVID-19 patients admitted to the Intensive Care Unit at Kirkland’s EvergreenHealth Medical Center made a similar observation, finding cardiomyopathy developed in seven of the 21 patients. At the time of publication, 14 of the 21 had died."

https://www.theeagle.com/news/nation...b72d00156.html

Old 03-23-2020, 11:10 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Trump's messaging from day 1 has been to try to get people to not panic.....and we ran of out toilet paper anyway

...thank you liberal media
Thank you people on the beach in Florida who watch Hannity and thought it was a hoax because he said it was.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:11 AM

2,495 posts, read 867,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Thank you people on the beach in Florida who watch Hannity and thought it was a hoax because he said it was.
The hoax talk is a hoax.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnns-j...onavirus-claim

https://twitter.com/abigailmarone/st...onavirus-claim

Old 03-23-2020, 11:15 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
I am a Trump hater and I really really hope this is correct. It seems quite promising, at least for some people. Fauci is handling it properly from a medical/scientific standpoint. You don't promise what is not proven. My biggest reason for optimism in all of this is that I know that brilliant scientific and medical minds all over the world are working so hard to deal with this.

It is clear that although Trump adds his little whispered "it might not work" that his fans only hear miracle cure. I mean, look at all of your threads. That it might not work isn't getting through your heads. Which is why his rhetoric is so dangerous.

I hope it works, or that we find what will work and I will praise the scientists and doctors who got us there.

Not Trump, who denied this would be a problem and delayed preparation so that so many of our doctors are without proper protective equipment to deal with this. So many of my friends are doctors...many on the coasts where they are already knee deep in this. And they don't have what they need. We should have prepared. That pisses me off. Even under the best of circumstances they would be at high risk. Trump put them in third world prep conditions.
Yep, we are very lucky to have all those "ivory tower elitist deep state" types of people who actually know what they are talking about to be able to help us when we need it.

Now if we could just get all the know-nothings to stop slagging them off whenever there is NOT a crisis at hand then we would be in business.

Speaking of know-nothings, where did all the anti-vaxxers go? Shouldn't they be on here railing against the attempts to create a coronavirus vaccine?

Old 03-23-2020, 11:17 AM

Nope

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/20/211867...erage-fox-news

“I mean they're scaring the living hell out of people,” Hannity added. “And I see them again as like oh, okay, let's bludgeon Trump with this new hoax.”

Direct quote.

so now that you've seen this, going around saying he didn't say that would be a lie.

And guess who talks to Trump on a regular basis.

I know you guys love Hannity and that he makes "duh liberals cry", but he isn't escaping what he's done.

Last edited by dman72; 03-23-2020 at 11:27 AM..

Old 03-23-2020, 11:22 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump
They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they've been doing it since she got in. It's all turning, they lost. It's all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know we did something that's been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that.
That's from his rally in South Carolina. So yes, it's basically a fact. He didn't call it a "hoax." He described the criticism of him as a "hoax." But then that's really the same thing. If like Trump used to think it was no big deal, under control, nothing to worry about -- then yes, the response mostly from the left would be a hoax. In reality though it is kind of a big deal, it was not under control, and it's had a huge impact on everyone so certainly something to worry about.

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-...bruary-28-2020

Old 03-23-2020, 11:41 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
you know....posting this partisan crap...takes away from the fact you do make good posts

none of those kids....zero...watched Hannity

Old 03-23-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
you know....posting this partisan crap...takes away from the fact you do make good posts

none of those kids....zero...watched Hannity
Wasn't all kids. Plenty of families and such continued going about their business in places like Texas and Florida, home base for Hannity lovers.

In the case of this scumbag, you are protecting a lying propagandist, and a dangerous one at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies