Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 12:44 PM

25,839 posts, read 12,881,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't know why but it never ceases to amaze me how the left is so negative about a possible cure.
I agree 100%, but its not actually a cure, only a vaccine can be a cure. Its a treatment, or a therapeudic to treat the symptoms.

The Dems are scared to death that the Trump Drugs will be highly effective, and his pal Benjamin Netahyahu over in Israel will be pumping out Milions of doses to save American lives. This is their worst mightmare

If this comes about, the election is even more in the bag than it was before, and they'll have Trump on steroids for 4 more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 12:46 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,719,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If you get Covid-19, you most certainly WILL be buying it, and Trump Drugs will literally be inside your head!
You damn right I would!!! I have been rooting for the drug all the time. I will give credit to the first doctor or researcher who discovered that it was effective to COVID patients. Apparently that person deserves no credit. Trump should get the credit for being told by someone, who was told by someone who had read the research of someones, who had heard of some doctor using it.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:47 PM

11,226 posts, read 8,315,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It drives liberals crazy because they have concluded that more deaths is good for them and something to reduce deaths goes against their political wishes. Yes I realize there are some liberals that don't think this way but this is the thinking of the fake news media and their democrat political lackeys.
So, my observation has been that it has been the more left-leaning people who have tried to follow the CDC and WHO recommendations to flatten the curve.

it has been people on the right who first tried to act like it was not a problem, because they (aka "trump himself") thought it would be better to act like he had it under control, when he didn't, and then after that, it's the people on the right attacking Fauci, because they know the truth is no friend of the right, and now it is RW media sites spreading fake news that is causing fauci to need more security.

From the get-go, it has been the right who has denied this thing is for real, who has called it overblown or a hoax, and who has been politically motivated to fight what needs to happen.

As for actual statements, I've ONLY seen politicians on the right to say it is patriotic for old people to take one for the team.

But by all means, keep making things up, and projecting your own warped values.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:48 PM

21,878 posts, read 25,195,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You damn right I would!!! I have been rooting for the drug all the time. I will give credit to the first doctor or researcher who discovered that it was effective to COVID patients. Apparently that person deserves no credit. Trump should get the credit for being told by someone, who was told by someone who had read the research of someones, who had heard of some doctor using it.
That's going to be a problem since he or she is most likely Chinese for some people. Though really, probably should look back to SARS. The reason they tried it was it showed some positive early results in SARS.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:51 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Fauci is older than Biden. This Trump cocktail looks like the real deal. Don Jr. and Eric ought to take this to market.
And how would they do that, exactly? Last I checked, neither one of them are doctors, so they can't write prescriptions.

Do they own a pharma company that I'm not aware of?

Old 04-02-2020, 12:54 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
How about quinine? Could a good preventative measure for CV be simply having a couple of gin and tonics? I think I'll be proactive with the idea.
It can't hurt.

Well, alcohol is an immunosuppressant, so I suppose it could hurt, but it probably won't.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:54 PM

2,066 posts, read 902,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't know why but it never ceases to amaze me how the left is so negative about a possible cure.

Posts on this thread prove, once again: Good for Trump, Good for America, … bad for democrats.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:55 PM

15,867 posts, read 6,569,892 times
Trump Drugs Syndrome?

Old 04-02-2020, 12:57 PM

25,839 posts, read 12,881,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
do you have TDS? Why would our POTUS keep this from the american public when he has daily briefings?

That is a really big accusation. I don't even like the guy and I'm don't think he'd do that. (In fact, I think it's more likely he'd try to claim credit for a French study of a drug that existed long before Trump's presidency.)
To avoid a run on the healthcare system by the general public. Things could get very ugly. I could see pharmacy's being held up and broken into overnight.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:59 PM

20,155 posts, read 9,055,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I pray that the New York Times verified their story in today's news. If they did their jobs properly, then I agree with your assessment. Trump was all over this almost 2 weeks ago.If the Trump Drugs saves Thousands of lives here, his approval ratings will soar.

Fauci looks younger than sleepy Joe, and is so much more alert, and articulate.
Absolutely will. But it will be important to weigh the lives it saves versus the mass suicides that would be in pandemic proportions among Democrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies