Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 01:28 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,606,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Rands a good guy, thankfully he’s remaining asymptomatic to this due to his lung condition. To the idiotic post above, is your cousin a US Senator? Does she have to travel and vote on bills?
He caught it at a fundraiser...

Old 03-23-2020, 01:29 PM

20,288 posts, read 21,044,722 times
Whelp. Looks like we need to begin rounding up and quarantining and possibly euthanizing kids. They are the number one spreader of the virus. Got this from a reliable source, it's still closed door intel as of now.

Stupid parents lock up your kids. Be parents.
We know you're sick of being trapped with them so you've been letting them go out under the "fresh air" premise, but it's really because you're selfish and can't be bothered with them.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,182,604 times
Quote:
Rands a good guy, thankfully he’s remaining asymptomatic to this due to his lung condition. To the idiotic post above, is your cousin a US Senator? Does she have to travel to vote on bills?
"Good Guys" don't prevent 911 first responders from getting the assistance and care they deserve.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:32 PM

17,399 posts, read 12,362,507 times
Quote:
Rands a good guy, thankfully he’s remaining asymptomatic to this due to his lung condition. To the idiotic post above, is your cousin a US Senator? Does she have to travel to vote on bills?
Um, did you not read his statement? He calls for more testing immediately, essentially without conditions, for everyone. That is not happening.

“I believe we need more testing immediately, even among those without symptoms. The nature of COVID-19 put me – and us all – in a Catch-22 situation. I didn’t fit the criteria for testing or quarantine. I had no symptoms and no specific encounter with a COVID-19 positive person. I had, however, traveled extensively in the U.S. and was required to continue doing so to vote in the Senate. That, together with the fact that I have a compromised lung, led me to seek testing. Despite my positive test result, I remain asymptomatic for COVID-19.

“Perhaps it is too much to ask that we simply have compassion for our fellow Americans who are sick or fearful of becoming so. Thousands of people want testing. Many, like David Newman of The Walking Dead, are sick with flu symptoms and are being denied testing. This makes no sense.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:33 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,940,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
He caught it at a fundraiser...
They dont know exactly when it happened.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Um, did you not read his statement? He calls for more testing immediately, essentially without conditions, for everyone. That is not happening.

“I believe we need more testing immediately, even among those without symptoms. The nature of COVID-19 put me – and us all – in a Catch-22 situation. I didn’t fit the criteria for testing or quarantine. I had no symptoms and no specific encounter with a COVID-19 positive person. I had, however, traveled extensively in the U.S. and was required to continue doing so to vote in the Senate. That, together with the fact that I have a compromised lung, led me to seek testing. Despite my positive test result, I remain asymptomatic for COVID-19.

“Perhaps it is too much to ask that we simply have compassion for our fellow Americans who are sick or fearful of becoming so. Thousands of people want testing. Many, like David Newman of The Walking Dead, are sick with flu symptoms and are being denied testing. This makes no sense.
Man. If only the Administration knew about this in January, they could have taken steps to make sure there was plenty of testing to go around and largely avoid decimating our own economy like the South Koreans did. Knowing about this in January would have given us that opportunity. If only...

But on the plus side, asymptomatic Rand Paul gets testing while the rest of us are told that the dearth of tests precludes the testing of many symptomatic people. Good on Rand Paul - I'm sure he deserves every once of the extra special treatment he gets.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:38 PM

32,185 posts, read 34,874,250 times
Quote:
Man. If only the Administration knew about this in January, they could have taken steps to make sure there was plenty of testing to go around and largely avoid decimating our own economy like the South Koreans did. Knowing about this in January would have given us that opportunity. If only...
Man. If only the prior Administration had had a team of experts and scientists specifically tasked with dealing with pandemics. Too bad that never happened. If only...

Old 03-23-2020, 01:39 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,191,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
"Good Guys" don't prevent 911 first responders from getting the assistance and care they deserve.
In that case, no one in charge of making major decisions for the rest of us is "good" anymore - if they ever were. But as I've said before, no one has to be "good" either, just so they can get what they want out of it in the end.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Man. If only the prior Administration had had a team of experts and scientists specifically tasked with dealing with pandemics. Too bad that never happened. If only...
Oh that would have been a good idea too. Presumably this fiasco is really on Obama for failing to create a pandemic team to help plan for things like this.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:46 PM

17,881 posts, read 13,816,805 times
Quote:
Oh that would have been a good idea too. Presumably this fiasco is really on Obama for failing to create a pandemic team to help plan for things like this.
^
Sadly, if right wing media headlined this post here today (3/23)... about 40% of the people in the country would believe it is the gospel truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies