Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 02:16 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

In Italy virtually all people that died had prior health problems, which is typical of old people.

The death rate varies a lot from country to country, which means it depends on the approach we take.

Regarding Italy and Spain, the EU is also to blame, with its fierce fiscal discipline directive the EU has caused a massive lack of funding for the healthcare systems of southern EU countries.
Here in Portugal the healthcare system was already struggling before the corona mess. Now all of a sudden the EU has made a u-turn and said that EU countries can spend whatever it takes to stop the pandemic. But now is too late, because money can't buy what is not available.
But the reason that it was mostly old people that died in the beginning in Italy was because they responded far worse to hospitalization and medical treatment. Lots of young people will die if the medical system is overwhelmed. They survive now because they respond well to medical treatment and intensive care.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:17 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I'm at the point now where anybody that doesn't take this seriously deserves to suffer from it.
I tend to agree. I mean, what more do you want. Democrats and republicans have all acknowledged that this is a big, big problem.

The president of the United States, congress people, state and municipal leaders, have all briefed their people that they need to stay indoors and avoid going out unless necessary.

So if some dumbass wants to go hang out with friends at a bar that's open somewhere, at this point, you deserve to get sick.

As a whole, the American public is pretty dumb.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:17 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,400 times
Default Epidemiologist Now Admits Virus is Mostly a Nothing Burger

Epidemiologist Behind Highly-Cited Coronavirus Model Drastically Revises Model

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epide...aign=mattwalsh

Epidemiologist Neil Ferguson made a mistake when he originally published his corona virus model, leading people to believe this was going to be a much worse epidemic than it actually is. The death counts likely won't be any worse than an above average flu season, according to his newer model.

I've already said it in many threads, this is now turning out to be a legit nothing burger.

And they closed some of my favorite local restaurants up for this nonsense!
Give me a break!!!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:18 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Not so fast. As an atheist I kind of like that idea. Plus they seem to be saying god will protect them. Lets see how that turns out.
It's quotes like this is that make me realizing spending time in the forum is just not good for the soul. Some of you all have sunk to the very bottom and don't even realize it.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:18 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I’m at that point too, but can’t be flippant about it because those idiots can infect others and can extend the pandemic while increasing strain on the hospital beds.
A certain percentage of the population seems not to care much or at all. Mostly young people, without family and thus responsibility. Some don't even appreciate their own lives.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:20 PM

11,443 posts, read 625,059 times
Yup its all fear mongering and way over reaction...

Insanity is what it is!!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:21 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Yep. Saw this. Already started a thread.

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
But the reason that it was mostly old people that died in the beginning in Italy was because they responded far worse to hospitalization and medical treatment. Lots of young people will die if the medical system is overwhelmed. They survive now because they respond well to medical treatment and intensive care.
Young people are simply much less likely to get seriously ill and die from corona, or most other diseases. Their immune system, organs etc. are usually in much better shape.

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold.

Why does the left continue to tell this blatant lie?
Did Trump Administration Fire the US Pandemic Response Team?
True
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit that experts had praised
Public health and national security experts shake their heads when President Donald Trump says the coronavirus “came out of nowhere” and “blindsided the world.”

They’ve been warning about the next pandemic for years and criticized the Trump administration’s decision in 2018 to dismantle a National Security Council directorate at the White House charged with preparing for when, not if, another pandemic would hit the nation.

“It would be nice if the office was still there,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institute of Health, told Congress this week. “I wouldn’t necessarily characterize it as a mistake (to eliminate the unit). I would say we worked very well with that office.”
https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

'Gross misjudgment': Experts say Trump's decision to disband pandemic team hindered coronavirus response
In May 2018, President Donald Trump’s biodefense preparedness adviser warned that a flu pandemic was the country’s No. 1 health security threat, and the U.S. was not prepared.

“We know that it cannot be stopped at the border,” Luciana Borio, director of medical and biodefense preparedness at the National Security Council, said at a symposium that day.

Borio left the Trump administration in 2019. Other high-level global health experts headed for the exits even earlier, after the White House dismantled the National Security Council’s global health security office.

The demise of that elite team is now under scrutiny as the Trump administration struggles to respond to the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump bristled when asked about his decision to disband the office at a news conference in the Rose Garden on Friday.

“I just think it's a nasty question,” the president responded. “And when you say ‘me,' I didn't do it. ... I don't know anything about it.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/5064881002/

Old 03-26-2020, 02:23 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
He changed the prediction model because of the self isolation campaigns occurring in the UK....

If the UK and US had not done anything to mitigate transmission of the disease his original model still stands.

You should read the sources of your article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies