Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 03:29 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
There are always going to be contrarians.

Yep, Until it bites them on their a**. The naysayers are the ones that scream the loudest when it happens to them. I mean that in a nice way. Have a nice weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2020, 05:14 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This is how easily a government can take full control of the nation, and all of its people and make them dependent on government hand-outs. This could be a practice run for something even bigger, - a global elite take-over of most of the world.
That is what the globalists have been planning long before Trump became President. This is their latest ploy since they haven't been able to remove Trump yet. The Soros, Rothschilds, elites cabal. Trump is fighting them and all patriots need to stand with our president.

We also need to support global nationalist movements as well.

Old 03-27-2020, 05:41 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
And yet millions get infected, and tens of thousands die anyways. Vaccines were able to effectively eradicate some diseases like polio, smallpox, but it doesn't seem like we can get rid of flu, so why are we ok with that? Why haven't we been shutdown for decades?
Maybe we are coming to a point where some viruses and bacteria can never be eradicated or prevented by modern-day vaccines or other medicines.

If it isn't COVID-19, it'll be "super bugs", bacteria that are now resistant to all available antibiotics...

Maybe we are fighting a battle against Mother Nature that ultimately can never be won...

Old 03-27-2020, 09:45 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
You are not very good at researching.

Let 'papi' help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

There were four last year alone.
And today we have a chance to learn why people came up with separate words for "pandemic" and "epidemic".

Old 03-28-2020, 01:26 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Maybe we are coming to a point where some viruses and bacteria can never be eradicated or prevented by modern-day vaccines or other medicines.

If it isn't COVID-19, it'll be "super bugs", bacteria that are now resistant to all available antibiotics...

Maybe we are fighting a battle against Mother Nature that ultimately can never be won...

There are alternatives in the war on superbugs, such as bacteriophages.

Old 03-28-2020, 09:35 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Bodies stacking up? Really? Only about 600 people have died in New York State. If they're "stacking up" it's only because of mismanagement of getting them out, or because since everything is locked down, no one can have a proper funeral right now. In fact that last part may be the only cause of "bodies stacking up" which just fuels the narrative you're pushing.

Nearly every revolution begins with deteriorating economic conditions. Whether it's an explicit overthrow like 1776 or 1917 and the creation of a new nation, or simply just tossing the other party out.
Okay I will try to explain this to you another way. Read Bloomberg "Morgue Space in NYC Expanded with 45 Cooler Trucks." The city is planning for 3,600 bodies with the hope that it won't be needed. Ever been in a hospital morgue? I have. They don't have the space for that many bodies, so where are you going to put them? I think it's Bellevue Hospital in NYC that's already using a refrigerator truck. Each truck holds about 44 bodies.

Each hospital has a formula for ICU beds, regular beds, and morgue space. The bigger the hospital, the more morgue space, but that formula does not take into account the sentinel event that's happening around the globe now. Spain is using an ice rink as a morgue. To put this in perspective, all of Spain has roughly 40,000 cases. (I'm sure it's more now.) They announced around 7,000 new cases back on March 24th which was updated 3 days prior. They are also reporting 514 deaths in one day for a total of 2,696. Source Fox News "Spain to probe bodies found in senior homes as ice rink becomes coronavirus makeshift morgue."

NYC has more than 25,000 confirmed cases of the over 40,000 cases in the state and that's just the tested cases. How many more are there that haven't been tested? That's more than the whole country of Spain. The good news is that instead of Covid doubling every 3 days, it doubles every 4 days in New York. Now this is just Covid. Never mind the heart attacks, strokes, car accidents, newly diagnosed cancer patients, etc.

Are you beginning to understand the magnitude of this yet? Or do you prefer to dig in your heels and deny that this is deadly serious? Need more?
Health care workers. Hospitals are a business, and in all business models profit is the bottom line. Every time one of the hospitals I worked in was sold, our work loads increased. People get burned out, get sick, and call off. We almost always worked short every day. I was a Respiratory Therapist working in a 600 bed hospital with a bone marrow transplant ICU. Cardiac ICU, Surgical ICU. Pediatrics, Neonatal ICU's, a Heart Transplant ICU, Burn unit ICU, Trauma ICU, and a very busy ER. It was 6 floors of non stop motion. It would not be unusual to have to cover 2 ICU's and a floor. This impossible work load was normal. Add to the mix a pandemic. Are you supposed to ignore your other patients and focus on Covid patients only? Health care workers are getting sick, and unfortunately, there have been deaths, and there will be more because of this. Imagine having to deal with a highly contagious SARS virus while running out of P.P.E. and having to use the same contaminated mask for a whole shift. Recipe for disaster ya think? My friends are doing that now in the 600 bed hospital.

I understand that someone who has never worked in a hospital won't see a flashing red light when "only 600 people die" because of this new virus. I do, but what I can't understand is this bizarre disconnect and not seeing what's happening in the entire world because of this.

Right now we have to slow this down to protect our health care system. What happens if health care workers walk off the job? There will be some that do. My friend is a therapist on immuno suppressant therapy for Crohn's. It would be suicide for her to work under these conditions. She said she is willing to take care of Covid patients but not if she is doesn't have the right equipment. How many more health care workers do you think are like her out there?

Now what happens if we allow each state to become like New York? Washington State? Los Angeles? New Orleans and Chicago seem to be on the path to New York City. What happens if you have a heart attack and need an ICU bed but all beds and ventilators are full because of Covid? It's more than Covid, it's the collateral damage as well. Hard decisions will have to be made like in Italy, where their health care system has more bed to patient ratio than we do here, and has been completely over whelmed.

Are you beginning to understand the magnitude of this yet? I hope so. Spreading this by opening up businesses too soon is not the answer. We should all be concerned with a complete collapse of our health care system and how ill prepared and botched this whole situation was.

Go on the CDC's website and read about the SARS CoV outbreak in 2003 and how efficiently that was stopped. You will understand what having "all the best people" means at times like this.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:29 PM

316 posts, read 214,619 times
I had been out of toilet paper until today only because DH went at 10 a.m. People in the 40 and over age group were taught to wash hands and sneeze into elbows. We've been doing that for years and also taught not to be selfish..We should think about others before we buy all the sanitizers. There's a big difference in panic and being cautious. I get being cautious but feel it's overdone.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
This doctor on the front lines knows the truth and will tell you what you need to know. No fear mongering. Pass the link on to your friends and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp_O5DIYvzg

Old 03-28-2020, 06:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
You folks go ahead with the rampant skepticism.

Me? I’m gonna follow the directions of the experts.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:47 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
You are not very good at researching.

Let 'papi' help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

There were four last year alone.

Apparently you don't know the difference between an "Epidemic", and a "Pandemic". Epidemics happen all the time, Pandemics not so much. As I said 8 "Pandemics" in 80 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies