Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 08:42 AM

25,942 posts, read 12,960,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
It is also spread via aerosol emission from a person, the guidance is to maintain 6 feet to mitigate this risk. Given a crowd will often come with six feet of any given person, it would not be conducive to slowing the spread of the virus to have areas where large amount of people can gather and be in close proximity toe each other.

I am also seeing a liability issue, I am just waiting for that first lawsuit against the government to happen "I got infected while at the park, you should have closed it knowing it was a safety risk".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the first lawsuits will be filed in New York.

There's already proof that the New York Department of Health warned Cuomo, in a formal written status report, that the state was grossly under supplied with ventilators. They suggested buying Thousands, and Cuomo bought ZERO! That could be proven to be gross negligence imho.

Now, DeBlasio or Cuomo, or both, are making Covid-19 patients to come into Hospitals to be treated with HCQ rather than having it shipped to the patients homes as is being done elsewhere after they have been properly tested and diagnoed by a Doctor.

I think we'll see class action suits brought by groups of survivors of deceased New York Covid-19 patients.

Old 04-06-2020, 08:46 AM

6,419 posts, read 8,296,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What’s the weather like in Florida right now? Hot and humid, or dry and cool? The aerosol emission from one person to another actually goes further in dry and cool weather, inside in an enclosed space. A hot beach in the midday sun isn’t likely to be an issue for aerosol emissions.

And if I were on your jury, I wouldn’t be convinced people could make the determination that they got it from an outdoor park.
Are you an actual epidemiologist? A scientist? An academic? If not, you should kindly provide a link to a peer-reviewed, credible source that supports your claims. All I hear from you and (people JUST like you) is whining that the beach is soooooooooooo nice right now and that rules/logic/common sense shouldn't apply to you because you're 'special'. As if the virus goes through a mental checklist when deciding who to infect. Do you think those spring breakers from Austin who all got it in Cabo were just sitting in their hotel rooms in isolation, avoiding the beach? Or is Cabo 'less' humid than Florida, so that's why they pretty much all got infected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You realize that Miami is a VERY small part of the ENTIRE STATE?

ROLLS EYES

Keep your county on lockdown. Leave mine where it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less populated and going to the beach isn't a problem alone.
Typical Floridian snowflake

Old 04-06-2020, 08:51 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,100,104 times
This quote applies directly to DeSantis and the floridians who want to see beaches reopened.

The cult of ignorance is the 2020 Republican party.

https://twitter.com/mfstern/status/1247151349206339587

Old 04-06-2020, 09:48 AM

15,004 posts, read 12,208,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Many localities do not have the resources to police a resident only policy. For some beaches, there could be millions of residents also.
And others passing themselves off as residents.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,654,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There is nothing preventing the president from issuing a national order, how it is enforced is another issue. So do you think it makes sense for each state to shut down across the country, delay by some states is dragging this out even those who came to their senses.
Thats my feeling too, this is a national crisis, it requires a national response, the president has the authority to impose a national lockdown or curfew.

This is what they should have done a month ago and we would not be in the present state we are! Right now, every state is different, nothing preventing people from crossing state lines and infecting people there. Heck, the virus can live for like 9 hours on a metal surface, so even a truck making deliveries, could lead to 10s of 1000s being infected in an area. This all should have been stopped right away.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:57 AM

The beaches this time of year are not busy. Spring break's over, most kids across the US are back in school, so even the family vacations have stopped.

Social distancing would be no issue unless you had to use the bathroom.

I'm in Venice, South of Sarasota, South of Tampa, and there would be no issues if they re-opened the beaches here. They'd be mostly empty as usual for this time of year.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:03 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,857,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The beaches this time of year are not busy. Spring break's over, most kids across the US are back in school, so even the family vacations have stopped.

Social distancing would be no issue unless you had to use the bathroom.

I'm in Venice, South of Sarasota, South of Tampa, and there would be no issues if they re-opened the beaches here. They'd be mostly empty as usual for this time of year.
That's correct. Maybe a spike since kids are home, but the beaches are never crowded by me, except on Saturdays... and by crowded I mean people within 100 ft.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
That's correct. Maybe a spike since kids are home, but the beaches are never crowded by me, except on Saturdays... and by crowded I mean people within 100 ft.
The kids are homeschooling, teachers assigning homework via the internet, ect.. Our Son's in College, and everything is the same, except he doesn't go in to a classroom, he does it all from his laptop.

If they opened our beaches right now here in Venice, there would be no crowds. I wouldn't use the restrooms though. I wouldnt park my chair close to the water because people will want to walk along the shoreline, so I'd back it up a lot more than normal and give the beachwalkers their space. They dont like my cigar smoke either, so I try to keep my distance anyways.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:11 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,431,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
So...if DeSantis is dumb enough to reopen beaches, even though most health experts ahve recommended April 30th before reassessing shelter-in-place, and if Floridians are dumb enough to start going back out unnecessarily....

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Florida when they see a spike and surge in cases and deaths?
Well, do not know if feel sorry for, but all it takes is a couple of infected people to "spread the word", and it is not the fault of others who do adhere to the guidance.

Sort of like it is not the fault of students nor responsible gun owners when someone goes to do a school shooting, but at the end, there are victims who did nothing wrong.

Old 04-06-2020, 10:17 AM

8,725 posts, read 7,431,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You realize that Miami is a VERY small part of the ENTIRE STATE?

ROLLS EYES

Keep your county on lockdown. Leave mine where it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less populated and going to the beach isn't a problem alone.
I would agree to that if there was also a restriction on allowing anyone from your county leaving and coming to there.

Also, i would agree if the governor allows individual communities to make the decisions, and remove the idiotic language from the EO that does not allow localities to set more stringent requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.