Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 09:29 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Note - these comments are NOT in any way directed to people of Chinese origin but rather only to the Communist Party of China.

So, it is now known very well that the deliberate recklessness of the Chinese government has caused great destruction of the global economy as well as the death and suffering of many. The specific issues are the concealment of the initial outbreak, lack of regulation with regard to the illegal trade of exotic species creating the huge risk of a pandemic and continued lies and deceit with regard to the spread of this disease.

In past wars (such as WW1) we required countries to pay reparations. I think we should demand China pay $10-20 Trillion as damages... I am dead serious. All our industries are melting down because of this - airlines, service, restaurants etc. It would be a travesty if there aren't consequences - if China can do this with impunity IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Trump was dead right, this IS a Chinese virus and I hold them 100% responsible for essentially everything.
Know what .....there were 6 outbreaks of SARS. Only 1 was natural. The rest...lab escapes.
No one cared outside of the infected countries. And since China wields a great deal of power in the UN The WHO did nothing more than slap their hand..."don't do that again".

So the precedent was set. And now the mother of all escapes is ravaging the world. (That is what I believe until they find the source which they haven't)
All fingers pointed to everywhere except the bio lab next to that wet market.

China says they are fine. China says only 3K died. China has all news released from their government; no foreign journalists allowed in. No foreign medical people allowed in. WHO stands by them and defends them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2020, 09:31 AM

839 posts, read 735,278 times
Why won't you put the responsibility to your president?

Old 04-04-2020, 09:33 AM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
So it's Trump's fault that China is allowed to lie to the world about the virus ?

Old 04-04-2020, 09:37 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Well biden does not see China as a threat.
China controls msnbc and cnn, the dems and the committee who thought it was a good idea to light up the empire state building red and yellow to celebrate the 60th anniv of communist red china. Ask those folks if China will again escape consequences.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:49 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
So people are angry because China seems to have too few deaths?

But China already has the highest death rate along all Far East territories. Why is it not possible that the culture and habits of East Asia prevent them from very high death rates? (e.g. ubiquitous face masks, no kissing)

As we know, Wuhan has the strictest lockdown in the world. Residents were not allowed to go out, even for shopping. All buses and subways were shut down, and trains skipped the city. Why can't that make a huge difference compared to Milan, Madrid or NYC?

China sent 40,000 medical workers to Hubei Province in a short period of time, which no other countries can do. China had sufficient supplies of PPEs, which no other countries can do. And they can't make a difference?

The figures from Wuhan are certainly inaccurate, but so do the figures from Italy and Spain. Even in the US, some states have far higher positive rates (among all testers) than the rest of the world, so under-report certainly exists.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:55 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Only a liberal can think that Trump is responsible for a vicious disease spreading from Wuhan, China to the rest of the world.

Old 04-04-2020, 09:58 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Note - these comments are NOT in any way directed to people of Chinese origin but rather only to the Communist Party of China.

So, it is now known very well that the deliberate recklessness of the Chinese government has caused great destruction of the global economy as well as the death and suffering of many. The specific issues are the concealment of the initial outbreak, lack of regulation with regard to the illegal trade of exotic species creating the huge risk of a pandemic and continued lies and deceit with regard to the spread of this disease.

In past wars (such as WW1) we required countries to pay reparations. I think we should demand China pay $10-20 Trillion as damages... I am dead serious. All our industries are melting down because of this - airlines, service, restaurants etc. It would be a travesty if there aren't consequences - if China can do this with impunity IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Trump was dead right, this IS a Chinese virus and I hold them 100% responsible for essentially everything.
I agree with you on China being 100% responsible for this mess, however, we need to be be careful about the punitive damages levied against it so that history doesn't repeat itself. Though the modern world is completely different than it was after world war I, we have to remember what happened after we punished Germany and nutcases like Hitler arose.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:01 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:

First worry about America getting over this and what YOU can do to help in that regard. Maybe you can challenge a communist party official to a UFC match to the death to play your part in making China pay.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:02 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:

In WWI, Germany was forced to pay reparations after they had been militarily defeated and had surrendered. So if you think we can engage China in a war and defeat them, maybe then we can demand reparations. Not likely.

Note also that the reparations were one of the conditions that led to the rise of the Nazi party and eventually to WWII.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:02 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Yeah.. and while you're at it blame Trump for the sinking of the Titanic..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies