Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2020, 12:18 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times

Advertisements

I love how the focus is on those few in which the visa is actually for, but some posters being totally obtuse to the thousands in which all in all, is abuse of the visa and is used to undercut US workers.

Yes, the visa does have a purpose, a great purpose, to expand the search for highly qualified people. This purpose is being abused, as are many programs with good intentions, but seems no one is doing anything about this abuse.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:18 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idophysicsphd View Post
i did nothing of the like. That's all in your head.

I never said this. It must be the voices in your head that you're hearing.

Of course, you did.

it says a lot about you if you have to say things to flatter yourself. Whatever floats your boat.

In fields where all the smart people have jobs, no amount of advertising is going to get you enough people.

Of course, it will. You just have to pay the market rate.

if you bump up a lower salary of $300k to $400k, don't you think that the company they are working at is going to to the same?

Don't know; don't care. The market rate is the market rate, if they're worth it, pay them. If not, don't.

and if one company is able to steal an employee from another company, than that other company needs someone.

Right. So what?

there's not an unlimited number of highly skilled people in a finite place.

Rght. So pay them the market rate. If the market rate is too high, then your business model is not viable. Move on.

that's why we tap the pool of 7 billion people.
That's cheating!

Old 04-06-2020, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Everything you post is worth questioning. You're the one making personal attacks:

You're not paying attention. The other guy started the personal attacks.

If you can't get a job, that's on you. Perhaps it's because of the way you treat people. Just look at the quotes above. No one would want to hire you.
And now YOU'RE making personal attacks with no prompting from me. It would be hard to say your words don't apply to your own behavior.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:28 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,816,223 times
People forget that it actually costs a company more to hire someone on a visa. Not only does it meant that they've exhausted a search for local talent, but they have to pay visa fees -- which are not cheap. Contrary to what people with agendas want you to believe, h1b candidates hired by US companies are paid competitive market-level wages. So add on the additional time and fees, it's telling of how much corporations need talent.

This is different than the consulting companies that abuse the system. That's a different topic.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:29 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,816,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
And now YOU'RE making personal attacks with no prompting from me. It would be hard to say your words don't apply to your own behavior.

You were the first person to use name calling. You calling people cheapskates is before anything else was said. Reread the posts.

Nothing in my post was a personal attack.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:32 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,356,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's cheating!

How big is your team? How many people are you hiring or have you hired in the past year? It doesn't seem like you have much knowledge of the workplace and hiring in general. The US has finite talent and growing demand. The economy would collapse if we decided not to grow.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDoPhysicsPhD View Post
How big is your team? How many people are you hiring or have you hired in the past year? It doesn't seem like you have much knowledge of the workplace and hiring in general. The US has finite talent and growing demand. The economy would collapse if we decided not to grow.
I don't have to hire anyone to understand the laws of economics. "Knowledge of the workplace and hiring in general" is 100% irrelevant. You're cheating by going outside the market to hire scab labor. If you want workers, pay them what it takes to get them to agree to work for you.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:36 AM

6,348 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
But I thought you were pro free-market?
Pro free-market with America first.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:37 AM

Quote:
You were the first person to use name calling. You calling people cheapskates is before anything else was said. Reread the posts.
"Cheapskate" is not name-calling. That's simply characterizing his point of view.

Not that it matters since you jumped in with your depraved personal attacks against me before I even addressed you.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:38 AM

2,495 posts, read 868,168 times
Quote:
People forget that it actually costs a company more to hire someone on a visa. Not only does it meant that they've exhausted a search for local talent, but they have to pay visa fees -- which are not cheap. Contrary to what people with agendas want you to believe, h1b candidates hired by US companies are paid competitive market-level wages. So add on the additional time and fees, it's telling of how much corporations need talent.

This is different than the consulting companies that abuse the system. That's a different topic.
They're importing nincompoops who have trouble doing common tasks, replacing Americans who are easily qualified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.