Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 10:18 AM

39,332 posts, read 27,714,397 times

Advertisements

well, I am a conservative, but I disagree with they are doing.

I am not saying they don't have any rights to protest, they certainly do. I also understand their frustration. Quite frankly, I am getting really irritated locking myself up in my house too. But I will still do it. Stay home and save lives.

Most of these people want to go back to work, but OP chose "..do my hair" as his thread title. I think this is the sad part. If you bothered to watch the entire video, you can see overwhelming majority of the people want to go back to work, earn a living.

We are in this sad situation and who knows when this will end. No solution. I thought we as Americans could work together as one nation, but sadly, this virus still has the ability to divide us. This is the sad part for me.

I hope these people hang in there and stay safe. It is really what matters the most. Also, I thought I'd never say this, yes, they do have the right to protest, but carrying their big guns seems pointless. Social distancing is still necessary. Such sad situation we are in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2020, 10:25 AM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I am not saying they don't have any rights to protest, they certainly do. I also understand their frustration. Quite frankly, I am getting really irritated locking myself up in my house too. But I will still do it. Stay home and save lives.

Most of these people want to go back to work, but OP chose "..do my hair" as his thread title. I think this is the sad part. If you bothered to watch the entire video, you can see overwhelming majority of the people want to go back to work, earn a living.

We are in this sad situation and who knows when this will end. No solution. I thought we as Americans could work together as one nation, but sadly, this virus still has the ability to divide us. This is the sad part for me.

I hope these people hang in there and stay safe. It is really what matters the most. Also, I thought I'd never say this, yes, they do have the right to protest, but carrying their big guns seems pointless. Social distancing is still necessary.
The bolded is the key here. The governor of Michigan is taking it too far. I get we have to do all of the recommended measures but what she is doing is nonsensical and too far.

Here in Ca some dude was arrested for being on the beach and no one was around for 100's of yards. Local law enforcement is being told by the dumbass's running the state and is doing what they tell them what to do. That is the problem, they need to be specific like don't be in groups, not just beaches are closed. Open the damn beach and just enforce large gatherings, things don't have to be so white or black.

The OP choose to use inflammatory rhetoric on purpose in an attempt to mock "rednecks with guns" as another poster put it.

Last edited by Chowhound; 04-16-2020 at 10:41 AM..

Old 04-16-2020, 10:25 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,685,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Isn't that the way most communicable diseases spread? That an infected person is contagious before they are aware that they are infected.
Let me Google that for you.

This is how SARS spreads, after a person is showing symptoms. A lot easier avoiding people with symptoms.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...-syndrome-sars

Research suggests that children with SARS are infectious only when they are having symptoms, such as fever or cough. They are most infectious during their second week of illness.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:26 AM

3,360 posts, read 1,240,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
All you have to do is look at the picture of those 3 guys in the front of that protest to realize these are not exactly what we might call "brain surgeons". "This is 'Murica, man, we ain't afraid of no stinkin' virus !"

And when you wonder how Donald Trump ever conned anyone to actually vote for him, take another look at that picture. It will tell you all you need to know.
https://www.newsweek.com/michigan-go...-order-1498228

My favorite part of this story was the protest dude passing out candy to kids with his bare hands! It is so sad what all this has dissolved into. Just stay home.

Last edited by Jstarling; 04-16-2020 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Add quote

Old 04-16-2020, 10:28 AM

11,239 posts, read 8,334,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Why is it sad? This is America. People are fighting to get their freedoms back... There will be many more of these if they don't lift the restrictions soon...
It's only sad when Liberals want to protest to fight social injustice, or NFL players peacefully protest to support the rights in our constitution for all? I get it.

But when R's want to fight for their right to infect me with their virus so they can go to WWE fights in Florida, or Nascar, or their hair-dresser, then that's just 'Murican.

MAGA y'all

Old 04-16-2020, 10:31 AM

11,239 posts, read 8,334,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

I hope these people hang in there and stay safe. It is really what matters the most. Also, I thought I'd never say this, yes, they do have the right to protest, but carrying their big guns seems pointless. Social distancing is still necessary. Such sad situation we are in.

I mostly agree with this post.

And I will add, (so my prior post does not confuse anyone), that I support these people's right to protest. I don't agree with them, but THAT is the beauty of America. I think they are wrong, but support their right to disagree.

I only get upset that many of the people (not you lilyflower) who support these people are the same people who try to tell us that every liberal should stop protesting and get back to work. Or they should protest at home where they won't inconvenience anyone.

Whatever it is you think is right, that is your choice. But be consistent, and support those same rights for the people you don't agree with. I do.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The bolded is the key here. The governor of Michigan is taking it too far. I get we have to do all of the recommended measures but what she is doing is nonsensical and too far.

Here in Ca some dude was arrested for being on the beach and no one was around for 100's of yards. Local law enforcement is being told by the dumbass's running the state and is doing what they tell them what to do. That is the problem, they need to be specific like don't be in groups, not just beaches are closed. Open the damn beach and just enforce large gatherings, things done have to be so white or black.

The OP choose to use inflammatory rhetoric on purpose in an attempt to mock "rednecks with guns" as another poster put it.
yeah I know

I can't wait for the antibody test. Probably some people can go back to work safely after the test.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:33 AM

78,675 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I asked the question because I wanted to get a specific reason, logic, and factually based answer. I'm not saying I'm offended by the comment directly as I'm guessing where it's coming from, but that comment can be incredibly offensive to a whole lot of people.

Just saying.
I know. I wasn't busting on you, just making fun of how in general people whip out the Nazi or dictator comments grossly out of scope or proportion to reality. (Things like criticizing the press as opposed to burning their building and shooting them is "dictatorship")

But hey, I can now better identify with dentured servant because in hindsight I realize that I too was a slave at one point as my father made me mow the lawn as a kid.

Yep, at some point hyperbole becomes offensive but I've decided to play along in mockery.

Old 04-16-2020, 10:37 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,668,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I know. I wasn't busting on you, just making fun of how in general people whip out the Nazi or dictator comments grossly out of scope or proportion to reality. (Things like criticizing the press as opposed to burning their building and shooting them is "dictatorship")

But hey, I can now better identify with dentured servant because in hindsight I realize that I too was a slave at one point as my father made me mow the lawn as a kid.

Yep, at some point hyperbole becomes offensive but I've decided to play along in mockery.
The OP has moved on from slavery back to Nazi Germany. Is he moving forward or backward?

Old 04-16-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I mostly agree with this post.

And I will add, (so my prior post does not confuse anyone), that I support these people's right to protest. I don't agree with them, but THAT is the beauty of America. I think they are wrong, but support their right to disagree.

I only get upset that many of the people (not you lilyflower) who support these people are the same people who try to tell us that every liberal should stop protesting and get back to work. Or they should protest at home where they won't inconvenience anyone.

Whatever it is you think is right, that is your choice. But be consistent, and support those same rights for the people you don't agree with. I do.
yeah, I hear you.

I just want this whole covid-19 thing OVER. Can't wait to get my country back.

I want to see rednecks with big guns, I want to see angry liberals on the street. I want to see my fellow amerians on the street again, safely!!!!!! This virus sucks!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies