Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 10:49 AM

242 posts, read 352,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Left-center here, you are wrong.

The American Flag is a symbol of America. That some right wingnuts wrap themselves in it and use it as a shield for their hate is no more relevant than some left-wingnuts wanting to socialize everything and eliminate our borders altogether. In BOTH cases, it represents a very vocal minority.

People on either wing/extreme get a lot of attention, and they are equally wrong.
I am against the wall, but also against totally opening the border.

You are just as bad as the people you are criticizing. There is room for most Americans in the 80% middle, and we can all get along.
I agree with this - the middle is much larger than either of the extremes, but above all we all need to do a better job of working to get along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 10:51 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,216,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
If we sweep everything else out of the way, what this nation needs right now is 100% testing capability. Nothing can move or change until we are certain who has had it, who is over it, and who has never had it. Once we have that info, at least the people who are over it (and supposedly can not get it again) can begin to possibly go back to work.

I do not know if that is how it would work, but I do know I would love to be tested because about 6 people I worked with closely every day, about two months ago, were deathly sick and took off work for a week or more. This was before the Corona virus was on the radar, and they were just told they had type A or B virus and were all given a Z pack and sent home. Now I wonder what they really did have...….could it have been this virus ?

Here we are, America, the greatest nation on the planet, and we can not tool up to test our people ? Ridiculous !!
Repped...I agree wholeheartedly.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:06 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,123,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Sorry Sis, but you must have your own pink hat on way to tight, because it is clearly cutting off blood flow to your brain. These guys, rough as they seem, are protecting YOUR rights. What is ignorant and idiotic is you and others judging them based on them carrying weapons and several of them being obese.

Your TDS is showing by saying over 60 million Americas have no brain activity.
Why did they need guns to protest? Because they are a bunch of ignorant, unintelligent rubes. You might not like that, but there is absolutely no other reason for the guns but to showcase their ignorance in thinking their guns will somehow fix the situation at hand. Seems pretty stupid to me. Tell me another reason for them to be brandishing weapons, if you are able.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:11 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,957,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Why did they need guns to protest? Because they are a bunch of ignorant, unintelligent rubes. You might not like that, but there is absolutely no other reason for the guns but to showcase their ignorance in thinking their guns will somehow fix the situation at hand. Seems pretty stupid to me. Tell me another reason for them to be brandishing weapons, if you are able.
It's called the right to self defense. Earlier you you making a big deal about a group YOU said was against the "LBGT" rights. Yet here you are, having a problem when straight white men, exercising their rights.
So much so, that you make up deceitful statements about their intent in order to cast them in a bad light. Despicable and hypocritical.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:11 AM

7,368 posts, read 6,568,146 times
Quote:
How about reminding the government that this land's first government was overthrown in an armed revolution? Good enough for you?

Old 04-17-2020, 11:22 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,123,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
How about reminding the government that this land's first government was overthrown in an armed revolution? Good enough for you?
So they are threatening an armed revolution if the country doesn't open up fast enough to suit them? Who the hell are they to make that decision for millions of Americans who don't want to die?

Old 04-17-2020, 11:46 AM

7,368 posts, read 6,568,146 times
Quote:
So they are threatening an armed revolution if the country doesn't open up fast enough to suit them? Who the hell are they to make that decision for millions of Americans who don't want to die?
The same minority that decided the same thing 244 years ago.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:11 PM

29,544 posts, read 22,872,402 times
What are the odds that some of the same people screaming that their 'civil liberties' and 'rights' are being violated by our 'tyrannical' government in issuing stay at home and wear mask orders, are the same people that would be cheering if our government ordered that every Muslim American and American of Middle Eastern background were to be detained and processed for months in the wake of a mass terrorist attack on U.S. soil?

Old 04-17-2020, 01:46 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,810,080 times
Try this: grow up! No one cares about your damn hair.

Old 04-17-2020, 02:25 PM

19,768 posts, read 10,217,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Try this: grow up! No one cares about your damn hair.

Here, will this work?
Attached Thumbnails
I got to be able to do my hair. The injustice of stay at home orders.-hair.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies