Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 09:40 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,966,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Lead NIH coronavirus researcher suggested pandemic could be 'genocide', said doctors would let blacks die.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cor...ide-blacks-nih
Well, first of all, it's Fox and second of all, it's Tucker Carlson who is Fox on steroids.

Third of all, the person in question is Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett who is a black scientist. So where you get the title of this thread from is a mystery to me.

As usual, you are trolling the liberals here with your nutty conspiracy theories and wild-eyed accusations. You are like the Rush Limbaugh of this board with your crazed assertions. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go frighten the little black kid across the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 09:47 AM

16,178 posts, read 10,861,459 times
The more you watch Fox the stupider you get. Look at Trump. There are many others on this forum as bad or worse.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:50 AM

34,310 posts, read 18,690,459 times
So what part of the article is untrue? Did Fox misquote this stooge?

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, who is described by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as the "lead" member of the U.S. government team racing to find a coronavirus vaccine, has engaged with online theories calling the pandemic a black "genocide" and condemned what she called "systematic oppression" by white people, a review of her social media posts by "Tucker Carlson Tonight" reveals.

Corbett has also reposted a tweet urging Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), and Dr. Jerome Adams, the surgeon general, to "check" their "privilege."

She further slammed the White House coronavirus task force in February, saying it "is largely people (white men) he appointed to their positions as directors of blah blah institute. They are indebted to serve him NOT the people."

Late Friday, a senior Health and Human Services (HHS) official told Fox News: "HHS career ethics officials are reviewing the matter." Fox News is told the inquiry is being taken “very seriously.” Making unprofessional social media posts about sensitive government work can violate federal ethical guidelines.

Corbett, 34, is an immunologist with the Vaccine Research Center, a division of NIAID. In her social media posts, first reported Friday by "Tucker Carlson Tonight," Corbett adopts a strikingly casual and conspiratorial tone. Her Twitter biography reads: "Virology. Vaccinology. Vagina-ology. Vino-ology. My tweets are my own. My science is the world’s."
So CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NPR, NYT, Washpo are all real "NEWS", right???

Old 04-18-2020, 09:51 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,067,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The more you watch Fox the stupider you get. Look at Trump. There are many others on this forum as bad or worse.

It is basically a lightning rod for mentally unstable people.

Old 04-18-2020, 11:04 AM

11,368 posts, read 11,113,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
It is basically a lightning rod for mentally unstable people.
And MSNBC is yours. At least FOX has people on with dissenting viewpoints. MSNBC is a nonstop leftist circle jerk. One of more than ten.

Old 04-18-2020, 11:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times
Fearful & Hateful? Naaaaaaaaah.

Distrustful and highly suspicious? That’s a whole nother matter, and none of you REALLY wanna get into THAT one!

And believe me when I tell you that it had nothing to do with “Liberals.” It has everything to do with TRACK RECORD!

Old 04-18-2020, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,303,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Mmm... I don't think it was the liberals that made it this way.
The OP knows damn well that liberals had nothing to do with it.

Old 04-18-2020, 12:47 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,794,436 times
I find most of your posts to be sickening and disgusting.

Old 04-18-2020, 12:59 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,368,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Lead NIH coronavirus researcher suggested pandemic could be 'genocide', said doctors would let blacks die.

"I tweet for the people who will die when doctors has [sic] to choose who gets the last ventilator and ultimately... who lives," Corbett wrote. "The poor. And, while the article doesn’t explicitly say it... the black."https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cor...ide-blacks-nih

I haven't seen the specific context of that post. However, regarding the link from this comment:

Corbett herself commented, “Pasting this thread here because it’s appropriately put. Black people are not dying more because of their behaviors. That is just a cop out to adjust accountability.”
https://archive.is/h7Kie

There's nothing in that string of posts that should alarm anyone. It's just a pretty reasonable woman making pretty reasonable comments, more or less.

You're garbage, biased article paints her like someone who believes most white people are actively attempting to use the coronavirus to kill off all African Americans...when in fact she seemed to me to be just concerned about a larger effect on African Americans than much of the rest of the population, due to increased poverty.

Look at this part of your garbage, biased article:

On April 11, Corbett implied black people are "doomed."

That totally ignores her context. Here's her actual tweet:

first tweet:
unfortunately this virus is happening, but it is allowing the effects and impact of institutionalized & systemic racism in this country to be seen clearly. Once we've P.U.S.H through we can't go back to normal we must move ahead to better for all. Normal wasn't working.
1 reply0 retweets0 likes

her response:
More
I am praying that policies reflect this is multiple ways. They must or we will be doomed in the next pandemic(s) too.
0 replies0 retweets1 like

She obviously wasn't literally saying black people are doomed. She's probably referring to economic disparities resulting in the coronavirus (and likely future pandemics) having a more harmful effect on the African American population...

...NOT the majority of our government being a secret KKK organization.

I can't find a single thing that woman said that anyone should have more than a mild disagreement with.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Keeping that in mind...have the insurance companies agreed to pay for coronavirus treatment yet?

Also:

In the city of St Louis, at least 16 of the 19 people who have died from coronavirus were African American
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...residents.html
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

You, Sir, appear to have been brainwashed...as have anyone who agreed with you. Now, to be fair, there could be things she's stated that I don't know the context of yet that do show that she is a lot less reasonable than she seems to be...but I don't think there's a sign of that unless we rely on trusting your clearly biased news source rather than her own comments that we can see the context of.

Last edited by Clintone; 04-18-2020 at 01:08 PM..

Old 04-18-2020, 01:12 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,116,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
"I tweet for the people who will die when doctors has [sic] to choose who gets the last ventilator and ultimately... who lives," Corbett wrote. "The poor. And, while the article doesn’t explicitly say it... the black."https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cor...ide-blacks-nih

I haven't seen the specific context of that post. However, regarding the link from this comment:

Corbett herself commented, “Pasting this thread here because it’s appropriately put. Black people are not dying more because of their behaviors. That is just a cop out to adjust accountability.”
https://archive.is/h7Kie

There's nothing in that string of posts that should alarm anyone. It's just a pretty reasonable woman making pretty reasonable comments, more or less.

You're garbage, biased article paints her like someone who believes most white people are actively attempting to use the coronavirus to kill off all African Americans...when in fact she seemed to me to be just concerned about a larger effect on African Americans than much of the rest of the population, due to increased poverty.

Look at this part of your garbage, biased article:

On April 11, Corbett implied black people are "doomed."

That totally ignores her context. Here's her actual tweet:

first tweet:
unfortunately this virus is happening, but it is allowing the effects and impact of institutionalized & systemic racism in this country to be seen clearly. Once we've P.U.S.H through we can't go back to normal we must move ahead to better for all. Normal wasn't working.
1 reply0 retweets0 likes

her response:
More
I am praying that policies reflect this is multiple ways. They must or we will be doomed in the next pandemic(s) too.
0 replies0 retweets1 like

She obviously wasn't literally saying black people are doomed. She's probably referring to economic disparities resulting in the coronavirus (and likely future pandemics) having a more harmful effect on the African American population...

...NOT the majority of our government being a secret KKK organization.

I can't find a single thing that woman said that anyone should have more than a mild disagreement with.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Keeping that in mind...have the insurance companies agreed to pay for coronavirus treatment yet?

Also:

In the city of St Louis, at least 16 of the 19 people who have died from coronavirus were African American
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...residents.html
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

You, Sir, appear to have been brainwashed...as have anyone who agreed with you.
You must not spend much time on this board. The OP starts crappy, misleading and outright lying propaganda threads like this one again and again and again, and all the cultists inevitably line up and agree with him. This is what we've come to here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies