Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 04:30 PM

53,057 posts, read 34,858,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
No...at most she's more politically active than she should be with her position. I don't think you have any reason to believe she's a conspiracy theorist.
her tweets offer dozens of reasons to believe exactly that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 04:37 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,368,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
her tweets offer dozens of reasons to believe exactly that.

If you're concerned about her behaving unprofessionally through her tweetings, you may have a point.

If you're concerned about her actual beliefs, I think you're being unreasonable if you assume she is a conspiracy theorist. She might be. She probably isn't. Some people are just going to get pretty ticked off about the following, and I think that probably has something to do with economic disparities, and those people may feel like people not of those cultural groups most afflicted won't care enough about the issue because they're not experiencing it.

That's not a conspiracy theory. That's just a way of looking at things that's, in some ways, probably pretty accurate...given the amount of ultra-wealthy white people in our government.

According to the CDC, even though the racial breakdown from the population in the report was 59% white, 14% Latino and 18% black, 45% of hospitalized coronavirus patients were white and 8% were Latino, while 33% were black, "suggesting that black populations might be disproportionately affected by COVID-19."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/coro...ry?id=70011986

She's probably thinking that the way our current government works, it doesn't have enough safeguards against circumstances like our current one for the poorest people, and that could be, or is, the result of the greater number of deaths.

__________________________________________________ _

Louisiana released data showing that while African-Americans only make up roughly 32% of the population they account for 70% of the deaths in the statehttps://abcnews.go.com/Politics/coro...ry?id=70011986

A range of studies conducted by such organizations as the American Journal of Public Health and The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality over the past few decades have shown black people are less likely to have insurance and access to affordable medical testing.

Black Americans are also more likely to have underlying conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma and if a patient with those underlying conditions gets a severe illness they tend to fare worse.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/coro...ry?id=70011986

And if these health aides and other blue-collar workers do get sick, a lot of them won’t be able afford to stay home from work because, unlike many developed nations, the United States also doesn’t guarantee paid sick leave: though 90% of America’s top quartile of wage-earners have access to paid sick leave, only 47% of the bottom quarter of American workers do, according to the Economic Policy Institute. “I cannot afford to take a day off if I’m sick,” Maurilia Arellanes, a San Jose, California McDonalds employee, said in a statement demanding the fast food giant change its policies.

Limited access to healthcare is another issue that might exacerbate the spread of the virus. Even as private insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid all vow to test symptomatic patients free of charge, 28.6 million people across the U.S. are not covered by any form of insurance at all. “There’s a lot of legitimate fear about whether they would be able to afford the services that they might need,” says Dr. Irwin Redlener, the director of the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia University. “Most people will not need much in the way of services and they should not be going to the emergency rooms, but [for] people that live their lives in constant fear of medical bills that they wouldn’t be able to handle—this is putting additional stress on them.”

https://time.com/5800930/how-coronav...hurt-the-poor/

Last edited by Clintone; 04-18-2020 at 04:53 PM..

Old 04-18-2020, 05:19 PM

20,954 posts, read 5,565,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It’s Sickening & Disgusting ...

False premise. Post and thread fail.

Post fail.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:25 PM

15,360 posts, read 12,688,059 times
Liberals? Lmao.. trust me, politics have nothing to do with the way Black people have been treated by white America

Old 04-18-2020, 06:07 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,790,028 times
"Poisoned" is a good term to describe Dr. Corbett. She's as racist as they come. And yes, promoting her is just another aspect of the liberal media campaign to ramp up anti-white sentiment.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:14 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,447,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Lead NIH coronavirus researcher suggested pandemic could be 'genocide', said doctors would let blacks die.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cor...ide-blacks-nih
You're surprised that blacks view US medical professionals with distrust?

Could that be perhaps since as late as the 1970s mostly white doctors were conducting unethical medical experimentation on poor rural blacks?

Old 04-18-2020, 06:21 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,790,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You're surprised that blacks view US medical professionals with distrust?

Could that be perhaps since as late as the 1970s mostly white doctors were conducting unethical medical experimentation on poor rural blacks?
You're a white guy working in Atlanta, right? How do you think you'll benefit, personally, from the campaign to make blacks ever more hostile toward whites?

Old 04-18-2020, 06:30 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,909,438 times
My son is black and he detests whites with an over developed sense of societal guilt. That said he also has no problem taking advantage of liberal white girls who want to hit it with a black man to prove they aren't racist.

As a young sailor I would have taken full advantage of that if it had been an option for me, so I can't really condemn him for it. I simply caution him to use protection because they are likely putting out to every other black guy they meet as well.

I saw this in action with him a few times. I have also seen liberals react in shock when they hear he owns his own home, or that he has a his own welding shop. They. just can't believe that a black man can be successful in the white world.

He doesn't tell them that when I retired I sold him the above for $1. His inheritance early. A gift from a white man.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:30 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,192,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You're a white guy working in Atlanta, right? How do you think you'll benefit, personally, from the campaign to make blacks ever more hostile toward whites?
How about no more working or living anywhere near each other. Problem solved. No racial hostility if no one of the opposite race is around to be hostile toward the other. The Japanese and Chinese do it because they know what works and what doesn't. It's just the US and similar societies that want to separate but won't because they really enjoy stirring the pot.

Old 04-18-2020, 06:54 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,368,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
"Poisoned" is a good term to describe Dr. Corbett. She's as racist as they come. And yes, promoting her is just another aspect of the liberal media campaign to ramp up anti-white sentiment.
How? Do you disagree with anything from long above post? I did mention that she might be described as unprofessional. I didn't see anything in her statements that made me think she was racist though.

I do think it's important note that there's a big difference between being racist and perceiving the way your government works as harming your cultural group more than some other groups.

Hell...in Louisiana 70% of the deaths were black people and they only make up 32% of the population. I doubt that's intentional...and I don't see a reason so far to believe she's doing anything more than wondering if it's intentional, and I bet she thinks a lot of it is not intentional...but even though that's unintentional the effects of it do appear to be pretty screwed up.

It's a valid argument to bring up the fact that at least black people, if not other minority groups (I haven't looked into them much) are being dispraportionately harmed by the coronavirus...quite possibly due to the way our government works, presumably involving there not being a good enough of a safety net for situations like this.

Therefore, if people argue that a lack of paid sick days is a form of institutional racism...I wouldn't phrase it like that but I don't think we can say that's a completely unreasonable way of putting things. When 70% of the deaths in a state are black, despite them making up 32% of the population...it seems pretty reasonable to not just brush that under the rug. I'd be understanding of some people getting pretty annoyed by that.

The way she described her views is not the way I might have phrased things...but it's a reasonable way of looking at things, from what I've seen, and society needs to understand that rather than just casting her aside as some loony white-person hater.

Last edited by Clintone; 04-18-2020 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies