Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 05:32 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,606,008 times

Advertisements

The short answer is that Covid has exposed Americans as the weakest, most selfish, and stupidest people on Earth. We are the laughingstock of the planet.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,938,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Me going out doesn't affect you if you stay in your house. If you choose to go out, you accept the potential dangers associated with it. If you are afraid of the big bad COVID, stay home, then nothing anyone else does affects you.

Cancer surgeries have been delayed because of this virus. Essential employees have sickened and died. So have healthcare workers. Most people can't stay home all the time. It would be nice if we could rely on the intelligence of the American people but look at our 2 choices for President come November.

Having said that re-opening is simply a matter of when. I suggest we all get together and ask --where the hell are all the tests?

A larger death toll will result in more social distancing regardless of government actions. Business was slow at my favorite restaurant before restaurants were shut down by government. Layoffs were about to occur.

The fact is our federal government, most notably the CDC, failed miserably in the first critical weeks and we are suffering an economic and health disaster due to it.

Last edited by whogo; 04-18-2020 at 05:41 PM..

36,853 posts, read 17,431,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Problem is they have been indoctrinated by the left wing school system and media for decades.
It's a double whammy. That's for sure.

This is the first time since 9-11 that we've been "personally inconvenienced" at this level by the government. I would argue that this is much worse impacting more and to a much greater extent.

What I want people to realize is that for many of us who are relatively healthy, have a roof over our head, and can spend time b.s.ing on a message board what we are experiencing is what government, all over the world, does to certain segments of the population on a daily basis. Sometimes it's worse...much worse.

I want people to remember what is going on now and understand that this is just business as usual for the government. It has never and will never care about you, your rights, and your loved ones.

5,655 posts, read 6,249,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Ballony, work next to BI and it is pretty calm. Just another drama queen spreading rumor to advance their lazy agenda.
I am working long hours from home and am not getting any break from this. I am an attorney and on point for keeping track of how all the executive orders in the ~35 states in which my company does business impacts our business. So I'm as busy as ever. It's not laziness. My life would be easier without all these orders that I have to track and advise on. I simply trust my doctor and nurse friends when they say how hard it is for them right now. And a number of them are scared. I have known them a very long time and their communications seem both legitimate and consistent with what is being reported generally. Don't shoot the messenger.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:34 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,869,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Yes, but all of those people that I would be interacting with, are people who CHOOSE to go out and take that risk. So, I ask again, how does that hurt people who CHOOSE to remain hidden at home?
I'm saying the virus is extremely contagious so until everybody takes precautions like social distancing and wearings masks, then everybody is at risk. That being said, I have no problem with people going back to work or going out. But they should maintain their distance, wear masks and not be in crowded offices, school rooms, etc. We are never going to go back to the way things were. I know we have to go about our lives at some point, but there will never be getting back to normal. Not unless we want this virus to stick around indefinitely.

BTW, I'm isolating, not hidden, lol. I'm lucky enough not to have to be out and about except on my terms. But I will probably not ever go back to a restaurant or public gathering place for a very long time, if ever. Not that anyone cares what I do , lol.

We're all going to be treading water until we have the tests we need to test the majority of people.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:36 PM

7,248 posts, read 4,584,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I am working long hours from home and am not getting any break from this. I am an attorney and on point for keeping track of how all the executive orders in the ~35 states in which my company does business impacts our business. So I'm as busy as ever. It's not laziness. My life would be easier without all these orders that I have to track and advise on. I simply trust my doctor and nurse friends when they say how hard it is for them right now. And a number of them are scared. I have known them a very long time and their communications seem both legitimate and consistent with what is being reported generally. Don't shoot the messenger.
As a lawyer I am sure you know the tendency for people's testimony to be self serving.

I no longer buy it. I have been to hospitals lately and seen videos of them... they are not overwhelmed.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:37 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,869,736 times
Quote:
How is that my problem? When did I become the insurer of YOUR health.
You're not. But a person sick with the virus will pass it on to somebody. It may not be me. We all live in this society together so what affects one of us, affects numerous others.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:37 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,431,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Say there are two people in a coffee shop. Both are in their 40s, going about their business, working, getting a coffee. No 60 year old in there. But one of those 40 somethings catches the virus from somebody else in the shop and brings it home to their isolating elderly relative or to one of their children or a spouse. What then?
Before you go inside the shop ask the owner what his/her precautions are to mitigate your chances of being infected.

If you agree to his/her terms and go inside that's on you.

If you don't like what he/she is doing present the owner with a list of what you want done and hold cash in the air.

Market pressure folks. It works every single time.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:39 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,114,218 times
Quote:
Exactly. If you are over 60 STAY HOME. But everyone else... get to work.

I think Trump is going to have to force some people off their butts.

No doubt some lazy people are milking this for all it is worth.
Nobody is begging to go back to work. Even you dont' say -- Im begging to go back to work - you are telling other people get to work.

Opening up the economy isn't about getting the economy working for most people --- it's about having access to things they can play with while they self isolate and spend their stimulus checks.

You folks are being played.

Nobody is protesting Boeing not opening yet or Ford, or jblah blah.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:39 PM

7,248 posts, read 4,584,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You're not. But a person sick with the virus will pass it on to somebody. It may not be me. We all live in this society together so what affects one of us, affects numerous others.
Ohhh nooos this might happen, that might happen, blah blah blah.

The boot lickers also refuse to remember that people who have antibodies can cure them with their blood so not sure why we are all hiding from the cure... other than CLEARLY people are milking this for all it is worth so they can stay home and watch netflix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies