Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 01:34 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Impact?

A jumbo sized coffin being paraded around town for days, with a lot of forced crying by the masses.

It would be great if they hired that Ugandan funeral team off of Fiver to do the funeral though.

Will they stuff him and put him on permanent display?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 01:35 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
The sister is one hard looking woman. I wouldn't want to cross her.
yea, everything ive ever heard she is the really mean one. Un is a monster who likes feeding people to his dogs.

she is more kill 50k people to stay in power.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-22-2020 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 04-22-2020, 01:38 PM

5,181 posts, read 3,097,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I think the best case scenario would be if North and South Korea are reunited under the South's system of government.
None of the other countries in the region want to see this. It would create a new nuclear military power with a tremendously productive economy. In response, Japan would have to go nuclear (some claim they are secretly there) and others would follow. Extremely destabilizing for all concerned.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:49 PM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I heard that his sister is next in line to rule..do we know anything on her? Will she maintain the deal with Trump? Possibly a coo?
Whats your take?
Lots of sobbing and national mourning if he dies, then a new horrible despot dictator will no doubt take his place.

There will be people manouvering behind the scenes in order to replace him, and I wouldn't bank on his sister taking over, it's all very machiavellian, and his sister could yet disappear again and this time for good.

Older brother Kim Jong-chul, who was already passed over for the role of Supreme Leader in favor of the younger Kim, whilst Kim’s younger sister Kim Yo-jong has played an active role in her brother’s regime, but it would be unprecedented for a woman to head the country.

I don'rt expect a woman to take over and it's more likely that Kim Jong-chul is installed as the Supreme Leader however nothing is certain.

Last edited by Brave New World; 04-22-2020 at 02:06 PM..

Old 04-22-2020, 01:52 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,693,981 times
China would be royally screwed by unrest on their border, and with the epidemic raging there is no way they can go in to fix things.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:58 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
It would be a nightmare. China would want to go take over NK. The NK army would try to retain control. Refugees would flood SK. The US would fight to prevent China from getting control of nuclear facilities. Widespread starvation of NK citizens.
I don't think we'd see refugees flooding South Korea. Remember that the DMZ, the most heavily armed and fortified national border in the entire world, stands between the fleeing hoards and the land of milk and honey to the south. And while the average South Korean might want to help their "brothers" to the north, in the abstract, they're not going to want to see millions of refugees pouring into their country all at once.

Things at the DMZ would get ugly, that's for sure. I'm talking about massacres-of-civilians-on-a-massive-scale type ugly. Yes, it would be a nightmare.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:00 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Sister power - maybe she's not a knucklehead- especially now,,, with people dying everywhere you look and the pot running empty

Old 04-22-2020, 02:05 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
I think if Kim Jong-un dies, China would rush in there and do all that it can to keep North Korea communist.

As for the sister, she'd probably start eating a little more now that her brother wasn't there to eat 90 % of her portions.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:08 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Sister power - maybe she's not a knucklehead- especially now,,, with people dying everywhere you look and the pot running empty
Well, that's what I thought back when Kim Jong-Un first took power after pops kicked the chitcan. Figured he's from a much younger generation and perhaps would want things better for the country. Boy was I wrong.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:09 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
I think he's still alive though not in very good health.

Top US general says Kim Jong Un likely 'in full control' of North Korea, amid reports of failing health
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies