Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 04:27 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, I never suggested ignoring it, but I'm just pointing out the obvious, that nothing they did or attempted to do played any part in the outcome of the election. If you weren't merely looking for an excuse for why things didn't go your way, you'd be able to admit that. You don't want to accept the fact that the American people simply rejected your criminally incompetent candidate.

This wasn't the first time there has been attempts at foreign interference in elections, it won't be the last. It was just the first time that pathetic partisans blamed losing a presidential election on it. It's something you'd criticize Trump for doing had he lost instead of Hillary.....but then again, all you've seemed to have done thus far is parrot DNC talking points, so I might be wasting my time with you.
Republicans should be more concerned than democrats, because the Russians are targeting republican voters with "psychological operations."

From 2014-2016 the Russian IRA used 1,000's of workers and tens of milions of dollars on psychological operations for American republican voters. 1,000's of Russian workers used "video, visual, memetic, and text elements designed to push narrative themes, conspiracies, and character attacks" to manipulate American republicans minds.

They use a Soviet concept called “reflexive control” and psychological operations using confirmation bias. "The intention of these campaigns was to activate—or suppress—target groups (republicans). And not to change their views, but to change their behavior."

These Russian psychological operations purposely stoke divisions and tensions within the republican party with propaganda memes. These Russians posing as Americans even have the power to get American republicans to form/start public events and public demonstrations. And ideas created by Russians get talked about on conservative news outlets.

These Russians also "used data-driven targeting and analysis to assess how their content was received, and they used that information to refine their messages and make them more effective."
https://www.wired.com/story/did-russ...ow-undeniable/

"The IRA was able to reach up to 126 million Americans on Facebook via a mixture of fraudulent accounts, groups, and advertisements, the Mueller report says. Twitter accounts it created were portrayed as real American voices by major news outlets. It was even able to hold real-life rallies, mobilizing hundreds of people at a time in major cities like Philadelphia and Miami. Fake online personas were able to communicate with members of the Trump campaign — who were unaware they were ever communicating with foreign nationals."
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-detailed-2016

https://www.wired.com/story/did-russ...ow-undeniable/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Research_Agency

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-detailed-2016

Last edited by chad3; 04-22-2020 at 04:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 04:49 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,464,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
But would people, other than liberals, vote for her? Moderates 1) will be angry with the way the DNC sneakily snuck in a female minority, b) won’t agree with her leftist policies. Also, she is very resentful of whites, so much so that the Obama campaign had to hide her thesis, and it will be trotted out to show the favoritism she will bestow upon blacks in particular, and other minorities more generally.
I don’t think there are any DNC voters particular excited about Biden, the impression I get from everyone is they feel like “he’s good enough”. think some moderates would vote for her. But I also think she would excite progressives a d minorities enough to get the voter turnout needed to win.

Again, my policies don’t align with hers but I can see a path to her winning.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:56 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Donald Trump is president and he knows how to use that power, why are Trumps campaign associates in prison while Hillary Clinton is free?
Due to corruption inside the FBI, no one argues that she didn't commit multiple felonies, I mean, it's just a matter of fact. The argument is that she shouldn't be charged for her crimes.....because......reasons.

We have text messages from the very FBI agents who were in charge of looking into her case talking about how they were going to stop Trump.....

I mean, sure you can celebrate that corruption if you want, but it really kills your credibility when you do, even more so than all the DNC talking points you keep parroting.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:05 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,464,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Disclaimer: I'm a proud Trump supporter.

What the Dems are doing to Biden, by propping him up and putting his onset dementia and habitual gaffes on full display for all to see, is inhumane and unforgivable.

The Dems should be ashamed of themselves for what they are doing to Biden, who apparently lacks capacity to catch on himself.

It's disgusting.
I’m not a proud Trump support and I agree with this. I don’t have a strong pro-Trump or anti-Trump stance, my opinions on Biden are not in response to anything to do with Trump. I watched him in the debates and felt sorry for him, and Ive watched him in interviews and continue to feel for him. He reminds me of my grandfather who was able to hide his dementia for awhile before we realized how bad it had become. I think that’s why it makes me so sad, when I see his obvious memory lapses I think of my gray father. At least my grandfather has the benefit of dealing with his struggles out of the public eye.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:12 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,512 times
Trump supporters criticizing anyone’s public speaking skills are hypocrites of the highest order. They both suck.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:15 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Trump supporters criticizing anyone’s public speaking skills are hypocrites of the highest order. They both suck.
Biden has always said dumb things, but that's not what he's being criticized for. We've seen this guy talk for decades, he's a career politician, his cognitive decline is too obvious to deny.

If it was just criticizing him for the same kinds of dumb things he's said his entire career, you'd have a point, that's not why anyone is criticizing him. Normal gaffes are one thing, signs of dementia is another.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:20 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Dems seem to be fixated on getting Biden through a debate or election without any regard to the four years after the election when we all agree he's failing now. Pathetic....

Old 04-22-2020, 05:23 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,287,342 times
You guys do realize that what you're seeing of Biden is videos right now....videos that can be cut, spliced, edited
and taken over and over..and after all that.. that's the best they've got

Nothing of Trump's is cut, spliced, or edited...he's live

Old 04-22-2020, 05:28 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,831 times
The only rational explanation why a brain dead sexual predator ended up as Trump’s opponent in November is Russia has infiltrated the Democratic Party and rigged the nomination.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:35 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
The only rational explanation why a brain dead sexual predator ended up as Trump’s opponent in November is Russia has infiltrated the Democratic Party and rigged the nomination.
Russia hell...if it's anything it's China
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies