Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 11:13 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
So are you going to vote for the rapist who forgets where he is or what he's doing OR are you going to vote for a third party?
Or vote for the President who has 22 accusations of sexual assault as opposed to Biden who has one accusation. Hmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 11:15 AM

29,520 posts, read 14,684,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
- He disbanded the pandemic response team.

- Fired key personnel who participated in the pandemic drill who learned from the Obama administration

- Failed to follow the Obama pandemic playbook.

- Fired the CDC team of expert stationed in China whose job was specifically to detect outbreak in China, months before the outbreak.

- Tried to save the stock market before tackling the virus.

- Called the pandemic a hoax.

- Failed to grasp the seriousness of the situation.

- Held a briefing where he completely melt down and looked scared, resulted in an historic tanking of the market.

- Contradicts his team of experts fighting the pandemic.

- Failed to provide adequate supplies to states fighting the pandemic.

- Actively interfered with states trying to acquire supplies to fight the pandemic.

- Fight with governors and mayors for no good reason.

- Assigned his son-in-law with no medical background to the pandemic response team, who then made a huge blunder publicly.

- Encourage protests to break the very protocol that he himself put in place.

- As of this moment, still is not providing states with adequate supplies.

I'm sure I forgot some.

Literally a person who is in a coma would have done better because at least that person would not have frack up all the measures already put in place to fight a pandemic, would not interfere with states and hospitals, and would not contradict our own experts.

Just out of curiosity. Did you read through the "playbook" and match up the responses the Trump team did in relation to the playbook and time frame ? I've only made it through a few pages but it seems like what China and the W.H.O. did really effected the response and time frame on when things should have been kicked into action.

Some of your points are pure conjecture and others can be debunked, I won't bother though.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-Playbook.html

Old 04-24-2020, 11:18 AM

1,378 posts, read 738,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Before this Virus SCAM we had:

It’s tough to pick only 10 accomplishments from such an extraordinary year, but here are just a few of the biggest things President Donald J. Trump has gotten done for the American people in 2019:

The Trump Boom is going strong. The unemployment rate recently hit its lowest mark in 50 years. All told, since President Trump’s election, our economy has added more than 7 million jobs—over half a million in manufacturing alone.

The stock market keeps breaking records: The Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit record closes again on Friday.

The working class is thriving, as are previously forgotten communities. Wages are now rising the fastest for low-income workers, and poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic Americans have reached all-time lows.

Accountable government is back. Since taking office, President Trump has rolled back nearly 8 regulations for every new one, saving American taxpayers more than $50 billion in the process—with bigger savings still to come.

Better trade deals are putting America back in the driver’s seat. Congress approved President Trump’s USMCA this month—a huge win for U.S. workers, farmers, and manufacturers that will create 176,000 new jobs.

Trade with China, in particular, is about to get a whole lot fairer. As part of a historic “phase 1” deal, Beijing has agreed to structural reforms in its trade practices and to make substantial purchases of American agricultural products.

Securing the border is paying off and making our country safer. President Trump struck new agreements with Mexico and Central American countries this year to help stop the flood of illegal immigration. Thanks to this swift action, border apprehensions fell by more than 70 percent from May to November.

On health care, President Trump is fighting to give our patients the best system on Earth. While Democrats try to take away choice, the President’s focus on affordability led to the largest year-over-year drop in drug prices ever recorded.

American interests are taking center stage abroad. In just one example: After years of not paying their fair share, NATO Allies will have increased defense spending by $130 billion by the end of next year.

Our great military took out the world’s top terrorist in October. (Meet Conan, the hero dog who helped them do it!) Our troops are now getting the support they deserve. President Trump recently signed the National Defense Authorization Act for the 2020 fiscal year, which includes the biggest pay raise for our military in a decade.

https://menrec.com/top-10-president-...ments-of-2019/
Trump boom is going strong is not because of Trump but because of his hands off policy on businesses. Anyone could have gone in and done the same exact thing. Also the economy started to take off with Obama and Trump "inherited it". So he got a good start. All he had to do was keep it going, but its not all him.

Trade with China is terrible and made trade wars happen. The reason that they had to go to the table in the first place is due to the trade war that he started in the first place.

On health care, we had a good idea, but it was badly implemented. Trump took it away and scrapped the whole deal. Actually the price of drugs has not really gone down with Trump. He also blamed WHO and suspended payments to them which is not a good idea considering that the virus will be around for a while.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...n-his-state-u/

The military taking down the greatest terrorist was Osama Bin Laden. No dog is a "hero dog" and the military should not be getting raises as that comes out of our taxes. They have gotten a raise every year that he has been in office since 2016.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:21 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,886,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
So are you going to vote for the rapist who forgets where he is or what he's doing OR are you going to vote for a third party?
Nope Ill vote for Trump,over the rapist i,.nfant killer

Old 04-24-2020, 11:22 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,703,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
OK - let's talk this out. Be specific. Describe ONE thing he has failed at in this crisis, and how anyone else could or would have done better.
Irrefutable item on that list:

Pushes unproven treatments to Americans and some of his supporters actually listen and worsen their situation. There was a study by the VA about patients taking hydroxychloroquine, which Trump touted in a press conference. "What do you have to lose?"

Admitted patients that took that drug died at a rate about 3-4 times higher than those who didn't.

Literally... he's killing people.

The President has no business giving medical advice. Even worse, it isn't like he is listening to his Coronavirus team when it comes to this. He has platform where millions of Americans are listening to him, gives them bad medical advice which is then refuted later by actual medical professionals ON his team.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:23 AM

8,514 posts, read 4,759,184 times
I think actual liberals have some good points about his election, but mere leftists are off the rails. I’m still not a Trump convert, but I do acknowledge that he’s done a few things I’m fond of, and a few things I think are up for grabs which I think he’ll pursue.

I had said I might well vote Democrat for POTUS for the first time ever given an interesting candidate, but Biden isn’t it. I don’t buy the dementia thing - ever since I can remember, he’s been lampooned for being a fumbly public speaker, and even Obama didn’t exactly let him out very often to speak. Biden’s surface appeal is that he’s of the normal, orderly side of politics without Hyperbolic Trump Twitter, but he’s also, at heart, a lot of the things I think are wrong with Washington.

Right now, I’m still leaning third party as I have done in the last three elections.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:24 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,886,067 times
We are still waiting for the Chinese N95 masks thanks to China Biden's son.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:26 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,468,814 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
If Trump had Obamas press.Trump would be thought of as in the top 5 US Presidents.
If Trump has Obama press, he'd be thought of as born in Kenya, went to a Muslim school, and has a fake birth certificate.
Exactly. All hoaxes perpetrated by crazy RWNJ's.

Both Obama and Trump had one foreign born parent, but somehow they decided they could pull this hoax about Obama and get away with it. No one was accusing Trump of being born in Scotland (and even if he had been having one parent a US citizen is sufficient to be regarded as a native), so those two were actually equivalent in standing.

Obama's heritage goes back to before the Revolution on his mother's side. Trump's heritage goes back two generations to a German pimp and bordello owner.

Somehow, the lifelong con artist and hoaxer with an obviously very shallow American heritage (and low morals) wrangles the Republican Party nomination and literally destroys what's left of the tattered reputation of the grand old party.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:29 AM

14,507 posts, read 12,148,609 times
Quote:
- He disbanded the pandemic response team.
He formed a different team that is much more powerful.

Quote:
- Fired key personnel who participated in the pandemic drill who learned from the Obama administration
Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Quote:
- Failed to follow the Obama pandemic playbook.
Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Quote:
- Fired the CDC team of expert stationed in China whose job was specifically to detect outbreak in China, months before the outbreak.
Be more specific. Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Quote:
- Tried to save the stock market before tackling the virus.
Be more specific. Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Quote:
- Called the pandemic a hoax.
Quote:
- Failed to grasp the seriousness of the situation.
No one "grasped the seriousness of the situation" before he did.

Quote:
- Held a briefing where he completely melt down and looked scared, resulted in an historic tanking of the market.
So which is it now? failed to take it seriously or he looked scared? Be more specific. Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Quote:
- Contradicts his team of experts fighting the pandemic.
Like what.

Quote:
- Failed to provide adequate supplies to states fighting the pandemic.
Who could have possibly provided more supplies sooner? Where would these supplies have come from?

Quote:
- Actively interfered with states trying to acquire supplies to fight the pandemic.
Some fog of war here. But of what consequence was it?

Quote:
- Fight with governors and mayors for no good reason.
So? That's what problem solving looks like in a crisis... people disagree.

Quote:
- Assigned his son-in-law with no medical background to the pandemic response team, who then made a huge blunder publicly.
What was the consequence?

Quote:
- Encourage protests to break the very protocol that he himself put in place.
No, he encouraged protest about silly restrictions that went far beyond those protocols, and

Quote:
- As of this moment, still is not providing states with adequate supplies.
Where are these supplies supposed to come from? Who could have made them faster? What state doesn't have what they need and who could get more faster?

Quote:
Literally a person who is in a coma would have done better because at least that person would not have frack up all the measures already put in place to fight a pandemic, would not interfere with states and hospitals, and would not contradict our own experts.

There....I wanted ONE good example, not a big laundry list, but I tried to give attention to each thing on your list. The vast majority are stylistic complaints that would not have made ONE bit of difference in ONE case.

So I'll ask again.... Beyond just "Trump being all Trumpy" - what has Trump done wrong, and what would you imagine someone else could have done sooner, or better?

Old 04-24-2020, 11:31 AM

21,484 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Irrefutable item on that list:

Pushes unproven treatments to Americans and some of his supporters actually listen and worsen their situation. There was a study by the VA about patients taking hydroxychloroquine, which Trump touted in a press conference. "What do you have to lose?"

Admitted patients that took that drug died at a rate about 3-4 times higher than those who didn't.

Literally... he's killing people.

The President has no business giving medical advice. Even worse, it isn't like he is listening to his Coronavirus team when it comes to this. He has platform where millions of Americans are listening to him, gives them bad medical advice which is then refuted later by actual medical professionals ON his team.
This is so much bs. He let a drug that showed promise be used, but the doctors are the ones who had to determine if it should be prescribed on a case by case basis. No doctor is basing their treatment on what the non doctor President is saying. If Obama had said the FDA could allow use of treatments of drugs long in use for other afflictions in this type of situation, he would have been hailed for it instead of vilified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies