Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 12:28 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times

Advertisements

The nightmare began in January 2017 with the daily nonstop lies, then divulgence of intelligence information to the Soviets, then attacks on all our allies, then crazy, half-azzed nonstop conspiracy and namecalling tweets, then tariffs which totally destroyed the stock market in 2018 - barely recovering in 2019 - only to have the smarter-than-everyone WH toddler who shoots the messenger bearing bad news ignoring all the warnings out of China in December and January that a plague would soon be upon us. I bought masks in February - why was the great brain in the WH telling everyone that fifteen cases would soon be zero?

So, yeah, it's been a friggin' nonstop nightmare. I now liken this time to biblical plague visited on Pharoah in Moses time. Honestly.

It's in times like these you should have your house paid for, no debt, a huge woodpile, a functioning well, and a darn good garden - and hopefully cash in the mattress. WTH knows where it will end. I'd like to think getting the orange buffoon out of the WH would be a step in the right direction - if it isn't already too late. TBH, he isn't to blame for the virus, but he is to blame for our unpreparedness.

I'm not overly susceptible to fantastical thinking, but I can't help but think the nightmare which began in 2017 and now this plague are messages of warning to this country and the world. Of what, exactly, I'm not yet sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 03:05 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Before this Virus SCAM we had:

It’s tough to pick only 10 accomplishments from such an extraordinary year, but here are just a few of the biggest things President Donald J. Trump has gotten done for the American people in 2019:

The Trump Boom is going strong. The unemployment rate recently hit its lowest mark in 50 years. All told, since President Trump’s election, our economy has added more than 7 million jobs—over half a million in manufacturing alone.

The stock market keeps breaking records: The Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit record closes again on Friday.

The working class is thriving, as are previously forgotten communities. Wages are now rising the fastest for low-income workers, and poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanic Americans have reached all-time lows.

Accountable government is back. Since taking office, President Trump has rolled back nearly 8 regulations for every new one, saving American taxpayers more than $50 billion in the process—with bigger savings still to come.

Better trade deals are putting America back in the driver’s seat. Congress approved President Trump’s USMCA this month—a huge win for U.S. workers, farmers, and manufacturers that will create 176,000 new jobs.

Trade with China, in particular, is about to get a whole lot fairer. As part of a historic “phase 1” deal, Beijing has agreed to structural reforms in its trade practices and to make substantial purchases of American agricultural products.

Securing the border is paying off and making our country safer. President Trump struck new agreements with Mexico and Central American countries this year to help stop the flood of illegal immigration. Thanks to this swift action, border apprehensions fell by more than 70 percent from May to November.

On health care, President Trump is fighting to give our patients the best system on Earth. While Democrats try to take away choice, the President’s focus on affordability led to the largest year-over-year drop in drug prices ever recorded.

American interests are taking center stage abroad. In just one example: After years of not paying their fair share, NATO Allies will have increased defense spending by $130 billion by the end of next year.

Our great military took out the world’s top terrorist in October. (Meet Conan, the hero dog who helped them do it!) Our troops are now getting the support they deserve. President Trump recently signed the National Defense Authorization Act for the 2020 fiscal year, which includes the biggest pay raise for our military in a decade.

https://menrec.com/top-10-president-...ments-of-2019/
Yet, after all that, the economy grew by only 2.3% in 2019. Trump said it would be by as much as 6%. That's hardly any better than Obama did.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:14 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Maybe Trump was a necessary ordeal for our country, to finally drive a stake into the heart of the Conservative/Republican Agenda, that has plagued us for so long.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:18 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Right now the liberals are acting like authoritarians. I can't vote for them. They seem to go ga-ga over the chinese social credit system and want to herd and control the masses much more than I would want to have done... conformity to a narrow set of social mores is not my cup of tea.

On the other hand I don't like Trump's corporate welfare and using the fed to bail out large corporations. I probably won't vote for either candidate and will just go to vote to legalize marijuana in our state (South Dakota)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Maybe Trump was a necessary ordeal for our country, to finally drive a stake into the heart of the Conservative/Republican Agenda, that has plagued us for so long.

Both parties are crazy. It's in the average person's best interest to have gridlock. I wouldn't want the left in total control because they are as nutty as the right.

Last edited by sholomar; 04-27-2020 at 03:44 AM..

Old 04-27-2020, 06:02 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
I read every page of this thread. Fascinating read.

Good for you, OP, for seeing things with such clarity.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:32 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I voted for the man, thought we could "shake things up" and boy did he do that. But for me the problem is that he hasn't come through on any of his promises at all.

- very little change to immigration.
- Do we have a wall?
- Infastructure?
- health insurance?

None of it... we have none of it.

But these have been some of the worse years of my life... with almost every year having some epic drama to wade through.

- attacking Syria
- Replacing staff left and right.
- the drama with North Korea
- the drama shutting down the government?
- Coronavirus.

This last one is the end. Not only was Trump completely out to lunch (and still is) but he seem to not even be supporting the people who elected him. He is acting like a liberal at the same time that they do nothing but attack him. He clearly doesn't have a leadership bone in his body. I even suspect this corona virus was a way for China to get out from under the "trade war" -- and probably wouldn't have ben released if Trump wasn't so obvious about his plans to put them under pressure.

In any event, I am done. He has brought this country to absolute ruin in 4 years. I don't like Biden but maybe I can get back to some semblance of life.
"Were liberals right?" Are they EVER RIGHT?

"- very little change to immigration." I quit right there. You really need to expand your sources for "news"!

Old 04-27-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
That's what happens when you have essentially a game show host in charge. Time for the American People to chant "you're fired" and cancel the show.
And you probably think that is his ONLY accomplishment.

And WE are called the "UN-educated"!

Old 04-27-2020, 06:50 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,361,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Probably better and likely a little safer than in Beijing.

The Left will claim that the Republicans are controlled by Moscow and the Right, in return, claims that the Democrats are controlled by Beijing... This is the furthest from the truth, but the truth no longer matters to most Americans... So here we are since WE have allowed the media to control and shape the message.

Trump, without question has his faults, but I think he's doing a overall good job since 2017. I'll most likely end up voting for him again... I was kind of looking at Biden, but he's not the person that I thought he was and age hasn't been good to him.
He is not the person you thought he was? What kind of a person is that? A narcissistic, lying, phoney who cheats on his wife when she just had a child and married an immigrant gold digger who posed nude for magazines?

Come on. You never considered Biden.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
He is not the person you thought he was? What kind of a person is that? A narcissistic, lying, phoney who cheats on his wife when she just had a child and married an immigrant gold digger who posed nude for magazines?

Come on. You never considered Biden.
"What kind of a person is that? A narcissistic, lying, phoney who cheats on his wife"

Describes a LOT of dem politicians, some who were presidents.

"Come on. You never considered Biden. biden fits you quoted sentence above. 7 WOMEN have now come forward accusing him of sexual mistreatment.

Old 04-28-2020, 04:50 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Trump makes John Maynard Keynes look like an Austrian economist by comparison. Running massive deficits during prosperous times and look where we’re at now. Paying people a thousand bucks a week to sit on their ass when they were only making $500 a week working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies