Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 04:56 PM

7,182 posts, read 4,585,399 times

Advertisements

I have one friend that’s 74 with multiple serious issues that goes out every day to a store to get out. She is also getting together with friends. The rest of my friends are staying home and being responsible. She wanted to come to my house and visit 6 ft away. I said no. She said she is staying home and I told her my husband has been to a grocery store twice in 6 weeks. We cancelled all medical appointments. That’s what staying home looks like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 04:56 PM

7,245 posts, read 4,564,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
they'll get another month of compliance then after that nationwide insurrection.
I like your style.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:57 PM

20,168 posts, read 9,073,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Honestly what is the difference. Other than my home is slightly bigger than a cell. A lot of people that committed crimes get "home detention" -- and that is what I have. But I didn't commit a crime.

we're all like Manafort, home confinement.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:59 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
Totally illogical, fraidy-cat'ish overreaction .......... dumb way to respond to this health-crisis.

This virus is going to be hanging around for a long time, is this economic disaster going to repeat itself each and every time CV flares-up?????

Old 04-26-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Totally illogical, fraidy-cat'ish overreaction .......... dumb way to respond to this health-crisis.
This virus is going to be hanging around for a long time, is this economic disaster going to repeat itself each and every time CV flares-up?????
Logic - amazing.

The only hope I have is I saw an article that business leaders are pressuring my state's governor. But they really need to push hard.

14,489 posts, read 6,113,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I have one friend that’s 74 with multiple serious issues that goes out every day to a store to get out. She is also getting together with friends. The rest of my friends are staying home and being responsible. She wanted to come to my house and visit 6 ft away. I said no. She said she is staying home and I told her my husband has been to a grocery store twice in 6 weeks. We cancelled all medical appointments. That’s what staying home looks like.
Yes and that’s something you can do for a while but not forever like some “experts” are hinting

42,867 posts, read 26,361,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
But you live in Russia because you expect that sort of thing.

What is bothering me is the open ended nature of it. When exactly will we be able to return to our lives? Mum is the word on that, just keep promises and vague talk.
You said you are independently wealthy I would expect that such a person would have enough toys in their home to keep them entertained for quite awhile. Think about someone who lost their job and just got their cable TV turned off then come back and we can talk about how inconvenienced you are.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You said you are independently wealthy I would expect that such a person would have enough toys in their home to keep them entertained for quite awhile. Think about someone who lost their job and just got their cable TV turned off then come back and we can talk about how inconvenienced you are.
Huh? Regardless of my ability to enterain myself that does not change the fact I don't have freedom and have to stay in my "cell".

Old 04-26-2020, 05:09 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,402,375 times
Today in prison some guy just traded the newbies anus for a couple of packs of smokes. No, this is nothing like prison, by a long freaking shot.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:09 PM

569 posts, read 287,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Movies: Who goes to the theater for movies anymore? 1998 called, they want their entertainment back. Any decent home A/V system sounds better and looks better than a movie theater, plus you don't have to deal with obnoxious people.

Bars: If going to bars is that important to you, there's an organization that can help. You can locate a nearby AAA chapter quickly using any internet search engine.

Shopping: Amazon. Learn it. Live it. Love it. Again, who shops in stores anymore if they can help it? Are you 85 years old?

Fun: I have tons of home improvement projects, car/motorcycle projects, and other things I can do it home that I enjoy.

Yes, there are some things I can't do because of the shutdown, but equating the situation to being in prison is a bit over the top.
All good suggestions for the OP. I hiked and mountain biked for a couple of hours today. It was a gorgeous day here in the Inland Northwest. DW and I have read a lot and watched a bunch of really good Netflix and Amazon Prime. Lots of household chores and gardening season is cranking up. Getting outside really helps.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-27-2020 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies