Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2020, 09:57 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump and his supporters have made hydroxychloroquine political.

Absolutely laughable....

Quote:
The studies are far less positive about its use than Trump is. We have never had a president decide he is also a medical expert.

And we still don't.

Quote:
Other president have relied on those with actual medical training.

As does trump.

Quote:
We have seen Trump supporting nurses say regardless of the negative outcomes cited by medical journals, they themselves have seen great results and calling Trump a hero for recommending it.

WOW, talk about politicizing something without backing it up...typical.

Quote:
That's how it became political. We may see post-presidency lawsuits as a result.

It started when it was mentioned, and the left wing rag msm went crazy politicizing it...

Quote:
Because of this, I would want to know the doctor's political affiliation before treatment.

LOL...sure you will.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:04 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Trump and his supporters have made hydroxychloroquine political. The studies are far less positive about its use than Trump is. We have never had a president decide he is also a medical expert. Other president have relied on those with actual medical training. We have seen Trump supporting nurses say regardless of the negative outcomes cited by medical journals, they themselves have seen great results and calling Trump a hero for recommending it. That's how it became political. We may see post-presidency lawsuits as a result.
Because of this, I would want to know the doctor's political affiliation before treatment.
At worst/best, both sides have made it political. In your view, the Republicans moreso; in mine, the Democrats and primarily their willingness and desire to oppose everything Trump. Maybe you see more "Trump is a genius having discovered HCQ!" posts. I see more "How dare he claim to be a medical expert and tell people to drink pool cleaner/drink bleach!"

The VA "study", the Lancet study, and perhaps a few others....those you can find all over CD and the MSM. The Lancet study is CLEARLY troubling in the desire to find SOMETHING that will be a therapeutic for COVID, and that it included a LARGE dataset. But the Lancet did not follow the patients, it followed the data.

But I do assume scientists would point out - just as they did when HCQ was first mentioned - "cannot be deemed effective until ACTUAL properly-done randomised studies are performed, and that takes > 12 months." There are studies announced right now (one on HC workers in UK) that say "we'll be following them for 12 months".

The NYU study, which showed favorable results and at 900 patients the largest behind the Lancet - none of the left like to talk about that one. MSM mentions are rare.

"NYU HCQ study" .... halfway down the 1st page, there's a Barron's link. At the bottom of the page - a WaPo link on the Lancet study.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Really? You'd go with a racist, corrupt candidate with early stages of dementia,
That is what we currently have the WH. Of course, it could be the syphilis talking.

Here's a sample:

Quote:
‘And I tested very positively in another sense, this morning. I tested positively toward negative, right? So I tested perfectly this morning. Meaning I tested negative. ... But that’s a way of saying it: positively toward the negative.’

Old 05-24-2020, 10:21 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It was on a podcast I was listening to (NYT, BBC, NPR), whether that result was a factor of the Rx or the patient, they didn't go into, just the part that I said: studies show a higher fatality rate with that med.

Now studies come and they go, and a bunch come to different conclusions, but that is what it is.
yeah see, I've heard that phrase for years, "studies show" and I'm not attacking you, just sayin, that it's an old stand by

what studies?
Who performed the studies?
where were the studies performed?
How long were the studies, months, years, ?

Old 05-24-2020, 10:26 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Oh God. I am pretty sure HCQ side effects which include cardiopulmonary issues are magnified with Covid-19. The likely Covid-19 patients to need HCQ are the ones in the hospitals are also having severe breathing issues. Think for yourself for a minute.
I don't believe in all patients cardiopulmonary is a factor while yes, it can logically be a side effects, not all side effects manifest themselves the same way in every patient...

Old 05-24-2020, 10:33 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is what we currently have the WH. Of course, it could be the syphilis talking.

Here's a sample:

I'd like to introduce my wife....oh wait, this is my sister.....we can go tit for tat all day long....

And you want to see something creepy, google joe biden kissing his 19 year old granddaughter....

Old 05-24-2020, 10:35 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah see, I've heard that phrase for years, "studies show" and I'm not attacking you, just sayin, that it's an old stand by

what studies?
Who performed the studies?
where were the studies performed?
How long were the studies, months, years, ?

We JUST had a whole discussion the study, with a link to the study itself. How in the world do you expect a year long study on a disease that has been around for less than 6 months?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-24-2020, 12:01 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
No. there are potential complications side effects with all medications.
Wouldn't you love to look thru the medicine cabinets of some of Trump's more vocal critics, to see what medications they have taken in the past, or are taking today, and chastise them for their pill popping risk taking.

This is just how pathetic the Trump-haters are; they'll criticize anything Trump does.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:26 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
One has to take a lot of the claims with a grain of salt. Some that make those claims actually demonstrate that their medical knowledge is quite limited but their devotion to Trump is infinite.

Here's the results from a very recent study:

"For those given hydroxychloroquine, there was a 34 percent increase in risk of mortality and a 137 percent increased risk of a serious heart arrhythmias. For those receiving hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic — the cocktail endorsed by Trump — there was a 45 percent increased risk of death and a 411 percent increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias."

Antimalarial drug touted by President Trump is linked to increased risk of death in coronavirus patients, study says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...navirus-study/

While a study published in the Lancet medical journal is nothing compared to the claims made by devoted Trump supporters; one has to choose who is actually correct.
Everyone is quick to jump on a report which validates their views on taking HCQ. If a study is not a controlled study, then it's just anecdotal, and subject to numerous errors and biased opinion.

For one thing, there is no money to be made in HCQ, since it's been around so long. There is a very large and very motivated lobbying group pushing new drugs, because that is where the big money is. So keep in mind that when you read reports like this one, ask yourself if they are being influenced by the almighty dollar, to trash existing drugs?

What looks very off to me in your article is that HCQ has been around for 65 years, it does not have a "37 percent increased risk of death and a 256 percent increased risk of serious heart arrhythmias."

Old 05-24-2020, 12:29 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
lol, no one even cares anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6xVdyhyVWc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies