Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 03:46 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not wound up, just pointing out that you were complaining about someone "mining" quotes all the while you were doing the same thing.
No back peddling, you changed your quote to make it seem like you did not "mine" a quote....
You would have a case if indeed my intent was to quote mine Trump.

However since you think that was my intent that's your issue not mine.

My intent was to provide evidence that Trump downplayed this pandemic for 6 weeks before he had no other choice but to face reality.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
ok, that's March 31 (article date). Since then, cases have gone from 125K to 1MM. What have they learned from all those cases since then? Especially the asymptomatic ones?
I think you will have to ask them what they've learned.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:56 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Default U.S. death toll passes 60,000 mark Trump said would mark success in coronavirus fight

All I can say is "what a fools believes."

Quote:
The United States passed 60,000 coronavirus deaths on Wednesday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, more than three months earlier than had been predicted by a model the White House has frequently used.

Until recently, the 60,000 mark was touted by President Trump as a measure of success.
Just 10 days ago, Trump said that as many as 60,000 Americans were expected to die from the coronavirus. That was far below earlier estimates of 100,000 to 200,000 from the White House coronavirus task force, and the high range of over 2 million predicted by British researchers on the assumption that no social distancing measures would be implemented.

“Now we’re going toward 50 — I’m hearing, or 60,000 people. One is too many. I always say it,” Trump said during a coronavirus task force briefing at the White House. “But we would have had millions of deaths instead of — it looks like we’ll be at about a 60,000 mark, which is 40,000 less than the lowest number thought of.”
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-coronav...195436039.html

Old 04-29-2020, 03:58 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Another day, another shameless attempt to politicize a global pandemic and the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans. You are hopefully aware that 60,000 died of the flu a year or two ago? At least, that's the number CNN was throwing around.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:00 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
That model is now at 72K and will likely grow even more than that as it gives very heavy weighting to social distancing and closures that are now being rolled back prematurely (for the model). It was rerun again yesterday and already is underpredicting by over 1000. 100K is certainly not out of the question by August.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:01 PM

4,025 posts, read 1,878,692 times
Look, this is not bigfoot or flatearth or 5G. This is life or death for some people.

It's sad, but some people, for lack of IQ or common sense - will, in fact, do whatever you tell them. They won't research it, they won't learn it on their own, they won't know right from wrong. They will simply do what the nice dr. on TV told them.

And those guys are saying, "It's safe! You are free to infect the country!"

We can't have that. They are LIKELY incorrect - and that is unsafe. Not a little unsafe. Hugely unsafe. I'm not saying it's NOT censorship, although I confess to not understanding the legal things there.

Let's leave covid out for this example:

If those two doctors posted a video that said Ebola isn't contagious, but to cure your own, you must tongue kiss your neighbor - that would be hugely irresponsible, and censorship or not, it's gotta go. Can't have that. Too many morons right now. It's not about what you do to yourself - it's that you believe the video, and then you kill your neighbor.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:03 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You would have a case if indeed my intent was to quote mine Trump.

However since you think that was my intent that's your issue not mine.

My intent was to provide evidence that Trump downplayed this pandemic for 6 weeks before he had no other choice but to face reality.

And when you add I hope that's true....that takes the narrative away from being down played.

But whatever, you're just like most anti-trumpers....you'll spin, twist, and whatever it takes to be proven correct.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:06 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
They've used absurd methodology to arrive at an implausible number.
Thanks for explaining that, although I fear it likely will fall on deaf ears.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:07 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Donald Trump's failure to test and impose distancing rules for two months let virus gain a foothold and led to the current increases in cases and a death toll of over 60,000 and counting.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
And when you add I hope that's true....that takes the narrative away from being down played.
I don't think so even after removing the quote that's driven you to hysteria.

In the early days of the virus’s spread in the United States, Trump repeatedly emphasized that everything was “under control” and that the virus would just “disappear” in warmer months.
  • Jan. 22 Trump states: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”
  • Feb. 24 Trump tweets: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
  • Feb. 27 Trump states: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
  • March 4th Trump claims: “I think the 3.4 percent [fatality rate] is really a false number.”
Quote:
But whatever, you're just like most anti-trumpers....you'll spin, twist, and whatever it takes to be proven correct.
So are you trying to claim that Trump did not drag his feet for 6 weeks all the while downplaying the seriousness of this virus?

Trump fans act just like Trump in downplaying this virus...not only that, they downplay that Trump downplayed this virus. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies