Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 07:33 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,591,534 times

Advertisements

A bunch of clowns, and those that justify that behavior, because, you know "rights" are just as foolish. Stupid is as stupid does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 07:36 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,010,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
What reasons are there for carrying a gun other than to indicate that you have the ability to shoot someone?

None of the posters in this thread who are praising these protesters is willing to answer the big question.

Why bring guns to this protest? It wasn’t a protest over open carry or any other gun related issue so why did they bring guns?

You know the answer. Are any of you willing to admit it?
The protest was over what the protesters felt was the government abusing its power and doing things that it shouldn't be allowed to do. The firearms were there as a form of showing the government that it should think twice about continuing that abuse.

What is wrong with that?

Old 05-03-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
A bunch of clowns, and those that justify that behavior, because, you know "rights" are just as foolish. Stupid is as stupid does.
Nothing foolish about exercising your rights. I am sorry that you feel otherwise.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:28 AM

1,768 posts, read 567,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
The protest was over what the protesters felt was the government abusing its power and doing things that it shouldn't be allowed to do. The firearms were there as a form of showing the government that it should think twice about continuing that abuse.

What is wrong with that?
You’re avoiding the question.

What is it about brandishing a gun that would make them think twice? Hmmm... it’s a mystery!

Old 05-03-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
And why should the government think twice?

What is it about brandishing a gun that would make them think twice? Hmmm... it’s a mystery!
Do you truly not understand what was going on or are you trying to make some kind of back hand statement that I am not understanding?

Old 05-03-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Do you truly not understand what was going on or are you trying to make some kind of back hand statement that I am not understanding?
I absolutely do understand what was going on. You people aren’t ones who pretend it’s something else.

This wasn’t a protest about gun rights. So why did they bring guns?

And yet if I say “they brought guns to intimidate, to imply that they will shoot government officials if they don’t do what these people want” you will gasp and splutter “how dare you! What a dreadful notion! It’s nothing of the sort!”

Old 05-03-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I absolutely do understand what was going on. You people aren’t ones who pretend it’s something else.

This wasn’t a protest about gun rights. So why did they bring guns?

And yet if I say “they brought guns to intimidate, to imply that they will shoot government officials if they don’t do what these people want” you will gasp and splutter “how dare you! What a dreadful notion! It’s nothing of the sort!”
You basically have the idea but it seems you are intentionally not grasping the concept. You may want to study the 2nd Amendment and the history behind it and why we have it.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:36 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,193,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
So civil unrest has begun. It's only going to escalate as "lockdowns" continue. Things are going to get so ugly. I fear for this nation.

I know this thread is about MI - the NJ governor is pushing his luck as well. He from political pressure reopened our parks and golf courses on May 2, 2020 - this morning on a NJ radio station while I was in my car he said that so far so good on day 1, and if we stop social distancing in those venues the governor will close them down again. I didn't like what I heard and lets say that I'm lucky that my car windows didn't shatter.

Now that "B" and evil of a MI governor ooops, I mean tyrannical dictator - she better watch her step. I want to elaborate but not on a internet forum.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
You basically have the idea but it seems you are intentionally not grasping the concept. You may want to study the 2nd Amendment and the history behind it and why we have it.
So you are advocating that people shoot government officials if they feel their rights have been infringed? Or just threaten to shoot and hope that does the job?

Old 05-03-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
So you are advocating that people shoot government officials if they feel their rights have been infringed? Or just threaten to shoot and hope that does the job?
I am not advocating anything. I am explaining what I believe these protestors were trying to achieve. Its obvious you do not agree with them and in their right to carry. That is fine. No one is forcing you to carry so I do not understand why you have this hate toward those who do exercise their rights.

I have one question for you which, if you answer truthfully, I believe will answer whether their is any reason to continue this debate with you.

Do you believe in the 2nd Amendment and what it stands for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies