Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 11:26 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times

Advertisements

I am not a huge Bush fan for a lot of reasons, but I never had a doubt that he actually wanted the best for ALL Americans, whether they voted him or not.

He just released this video. Compare it to the way Trump has dealt with Covid-19, and tell me which one is more Presidential.

https://youtu.be/E6lxKOfn8_E

I miss the time back when America had actual presidential Presidents, on all sides of the political spectrums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 11:28 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
you serious dude?

Democrats attacked George Bush nonstop for his response to disasters

but now suddenly they are trying to rewrite history and say they appreciated him? LMAO

Old 05-03-2020, 11:30 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
you serious dude?

but now suddenly they are trying to rewrite history and say they appreciated him? LMAO
You didn't watch the video, did you? You immediately jumped into reaction mode. Typical.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:39 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Getting tired of people talking about how “presidential” they think the president isn’t.

Nobody cares, except those who don’t like him. Seriously. Obama was as “presidential” as they come, and he was a disaster. Stagnant economy, zero respect from our geopolitical adversaries, ACA catastrophe. But he sure did have a nice smile, didn’t he?

How “presidential” the candidate is is very, very low on the list of things I give a crap about. That stuff is for form-over-function types, and I’m a function-over-form guy. Can he do the job? That’s the question I care about. Trump has been pretty damn effective, whether you like what he’s done, or not. He can do the job. I don’t really care if he uses language people don’t think is polished enough, or that he calls people out when a more “presidential” president would give them a pass.

If you care more about the words he uses than the ideas being expressed, you’re not just part of the problem, you are the problem.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:41 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
President Bush shows how it's done....

I was sure he was going to invade Iraq again …….but I guess not !!!

Old 05-03-2020, 11:48 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
you serious dude?

GWB brought us together and made us stronger during 9/11. Trump is causing division among us.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Getting tired of people talking about how “presidential” they think the president isn’t.

Nobody cares, except those who don’t like him. Seriously. Obama was as “presidential” as they come, and he was a disaster. Stagnant economy, zero respect from our geopolitical adversaries, ACA catastrophe. But he sure did have a nice smile, didn’t he?

How “presidential” the candidate is is very, very low on the list of things I give a crap about. That stuff is for form-over-function types, and I’m a function-over-form guy. Can he do the job? That’s the question I care about. Trump has been pretty damn effective, whether you like what he’s done, or not. He can do the job. I don’t really care if he uses language people don’t think is polished enough, or that he calls people out when a more “presidential” president would give them a pass.

If you care more about the words he uses than the ideas being expressed, you’re not just part of the problem, you are the problem.
Trump is neither presidential nor an effective leader or president. His inaction has left us in a colossal mess!

Old 05-03-2020, 11:58 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
I often wonder how it will be post Trump with presidential gatherings. Will any of them be willing to stand next to Trump or even talk to him?

Old 05-03-2020, 12:02 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
This the same guy whose decision to invade Iraq on incredibly faulty intelligence and meddle in Afghanistan wasted billions and billions of taxpayer dollars to corruption and theft, and resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of coalition lives as well as millions of innocent civilians?

Old 05-03-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This the same guy whose decision to invade Iraq on incredibly faulty intelligence and meddle in Afghanistan wasted billions and billions of taxpayer dollars to corruption and theft, and resulted in the deaths of tens of thousands of coalition lives as well as millions of innocent civilians?

Yes he is but trump is making GWB look like an amateur at wasting billions and billions of taxpayer dollars.

That is the GOP for ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies